Grants:Project/Rapid/Oludegun/Adding bibliography of Nigerian Hospital to Wikidata & Celebrating Wikidata’s Birthday in Ibadan, Nigeria/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- Some of the goals were met while some were partly met.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|We proposed 3 events||We organised 3 events|
|25 participants were expected||An average of 17 participants attended the 3-day events||See the list of participants by days below
|Number of new editors 20||An average of 12 new editors participated in the 3-day events|
|Number of Wikidata Items to be created or improved 1000||Over 500 items were created, we are working every day to update the list.||Link to the list of the bibliography: https://w.wiki/ov3 |
|Number of Wikipedia articles to be linked with these data 100||Majority of the items do not have Wikipedia pages, because of the complexity around Notability guideline criteria on English Wikipedia. We have decided to focus on smaller Wikipedia to profile the items.|
|Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 5||all the participants attended the three events.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Over 90% of the items cannot have a stand-alone page on English Wikipedia due to the very complicated Notability guideline on the Wikipedia. However, we are planning to have an editathon with Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa Wikipedia that will help to create Wikipedia pages for some of these items.
- We are able to recruit over 12 new editors in the Wikimedia community in Ibadan.
- The event helps to regenerate activities in the Wikimedia community in Ibadan.
- What did not work so well?
- The fear about the protest on Police Brutality in Nigeria did not allow many of the invited participant to come to the event.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We will be careful not organise event immediately after any major public unrest in the country.
- We will intensify publicity because Wikimedia community in Ibadan has gone into comatose before the last event.
- We will work with local Wikipedia with less complex or strict Notability guideline so that we will be able to create Wikipedia pages for a larger portion of our wikidata items.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|7/11/2020||Ibadan||Base1 Hotel||89,000.00||291.80||Hall Rentals||For hosting 3-days Wikidata event at the city of Ibadan||Receipted|
|10/11/2020||Ibadan||Kraft enterprises||40,000.00||131.15||Data Subscritption for Internet||Provision of internet data for the 3-days Wikidata trainig||Receipted|
|8/11/2020||Ibadan||Biz 'A' Biz Catering Services||268,400.00||880.00||Catering services||Provision of Tea+biscuit and Lunch for 75 persons for the training program||Receipted|
|10/11/2020||Ibadan||Ibrahim||25,925.00||85.00||Nose Mask||To serve as PPE for the event||Non-Receipted|
|10/11/2020||Lagos||Olatunde Isaac||14,595.00||49.00||Transport allownce||Transport from Lagos to Ibadan||Non-Receipted|
|10/11/2020||Lagos||Ayokanmi Oyeyemi||14,595.00||49.00||Transport allownce||Transport from Lagos to Ibadan||Non-Receipted|
|10/11/2020||Lagos||Olaniyan Olushola||14,595.00||49.00||Transport allownce||Transport from Lagos to Ibadan||Non-Receipted|
|10/11/2020||Lagos||Ibrahim Ayinla||14,595.00||49.00||Transport allownce||Transport from Lagos to Ibadan||Non-Receipted|
|8/11/2020||Ibadan||Deo Graphix||42,700.00||150.00||Rollup Banner/Flyers||Design and Printing of Roll-up banner and flyer for publicity||Receipted|
|9/11/2020||Ibadan||Biz 'A' Biz Catering Services||42,700.00||150.00||Cake||Cake for celebrating Wikidata Birthday||Receipted|
Do you have any remaining grant funds? 104.57 USD
We plan to use the remaining fund on this grant
Anything else you want to share about your project?
You can see more of the event photos here