Grants:Project/Rapid/Pilot project of GLAM at Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhopal/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Project Goal
- 10 exhibits of the museum will be selected by RMNH officials and Wikipedians and dedicated Wikipedia article will be created/extended mainly for local language -Hindi
Ans: 16 exhibits covered including Museum pages in Hindi and English language.
- Moreover QRCode will be installed at the exhibit corresponding to the article of the exhibit.
Ans: Total 32 QR codes generated. can be seen here.
- Museum employees will be trained on how to contribute to Wikipedia as the Active participation of RMNH is being promised by the officials.
Ans: A detailed introduction to Wikipedia GLAM project and preliminary introduction about how to edit on Wikipedia is given to 3 of the museum employees.
Please report on your original project targets.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|10 exhibits of the museum will be selected by RMNH officials and Wikipedians and dedicated Wikipedia article will be created/extended mainly for local language -Hindi||Achieved||16 exhibits covered including Museum pages in Hindi and English language.The articles need treatment from subject experts.|
|QRCode||Achieved||Total 32 QR codes generated|
|Museum employees will be trained||Partial||They have been explained about GLAM and How to edit on Wikipedia, however, they have not started editing hence it is felt that they need more engagement|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? -- The whole concept of GLAM was very much liked by the museum officials and also by the media an article was also published in Newspaper (http://epaper.dbpost.com/bhopal/12/31102017/4/ http://epaper.dbpost.com/detail/40531/103113139527/31102017/12/4/image/).
- What did not work so well? --Museum staff explained about GLAM and How to edit on Wikipedia, however, they have not started editing hence it is felt that they need more engagement.
- What would you do differently next time?-- We would like to conduct a special workshop for museum staff and subject student,volunteers.
Grant funds spent
Budget (INR 19,699.00)
|Serial Number||Type of Expense||Amount (INR)|
|1||Travel Expenses for Wikipedians||1300/-|
(Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea and Snacks)
|3||Printing framing of QRcode||2550/-|
|5||Cap for Wikipedians and Museum participants||550/-|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?
- https://web.archive.org/web/20171103151248/http://epaper.dbpost.com/bhopal/12/31102017/4/ (on https://web.archive.org/)