Grants:Project/Rapid/Pilot project of GLAM at Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhopal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pilot project of GLAM at Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhopal
Starting Pilot project of GLAM at Regional Museum of Natural History, Bhopal on the occasion of International Museum day on 18 May 2017,which includes generating QRCodes for 10 exhibits at RMNH. creating or expanding related articles in Hindi (Local language) and English,Commons and other Wikimedia Projects.
targetHindi Wikipedia,English Wikipedia and Commons.
start date8 June
end date29 July
budget (local currency)INR 19699.00 (We will Utilize left over fund from this rapid grant)
contact(s)• suyash.tpsgmail.com, U:Swapnil.Karambelkar
- 10 exhibits of the museum will be selected by RMNH officials and wikipedians and dedicated wikipedia article will be created/extended mainly for local language -Hindi
- Moreover QRCode will be installed at the exhibit corrosponding to the article of the exhibit.
- Museum employees will be trained on how to contribute on wikipedia as Active participation of RMNH is being promised by the officials.
- It will be a 10 (working) day activity (at the NMNH Premises) which will start on 18 May 2017 and end on 29 May.After the Activities at museum are over,the project is expected to be completed by 18th June 2017
- 10 exhibits of the Museum will be selected and Quality information will be created/extended on wikipedia.
- QRcodes will be generated and installed on the respective exhibit.
- Atleast 5 wikipedians are working on it,(in office time of the museum,excluding Mondays)
- Main target will be Hindi wikipedia so the information regarding this will be updated on village pump.also on english wikipedia village pump,the info will be shared.
- Museum employees and officials will be trained on howto contribute to wikipedia.
- since the officials of Museum are in constant touch with us via emails and whatsapp group,we will try to extend this plan in future for all the exhibits.
- Number of total participants-6
- Number of articles created or improved (if applicable)-Atleast 10
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (if applicable)-100
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects (if applicable)-50
What resources do you have?
NMNH and wikipedians are jointly organizing this project:-
- NMNH will be providing access to their Library and Internet .
- Fellow wikipedians have Camera which will be used in the project.
Budget (Applied for INR 19,699.00) (We will Utilize left over fund from this rapid grant)
|Serial Number||Type of Expense||Approx. Amount (INR)|
|1||Travel Expenses for Wikipedians||2000/-|
|2||Food Expense for 5 Participants for 10 days
Morning Tea,Breakfast @ 55.00x10
Evening Tea and Snacks @ 20.00x10
|3||Printing of QRcode on High Quality Synthetic media||2200/-|
|4||Photowalk (Which includes entry fee for Van vihar National Park, Bhopal )||3200/-|
|5||Cap for Wikimedains and Museum participants||550/-|
- Support As proposer -- Suyash Dwivedi (talk) 07:23, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support It will prove a starting point for wikimedians to engage with museums in Madhya Pradesh,India Swapnil.Karambelkar (talk) 07:47, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support This kind of work can improve quality of articles. The person have experience and ability for this work. NehalDaveND (talk) 07:53, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Great initiative for Hindi speaking belt -- Vijay Tiwari (talk) 13:39, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Good job. Keep it up. आर्यावर्त (talk) 00:43, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Great- Jayprakash12345 (talk) 03:33, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Great initiative will yield good result. - Ashish Bhatnagartalk 16:03, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support Suyash-ji and Swapnil-ji can execute it well and we need such projects. AbhiSuryawanshi (talk) 16:02, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support A very novel idea to kick-start the GLAM projects in India. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 16:16, 20 May 2017 (UTC)
- Support-- J. Ansari Talk 16:57, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
- For grantees
If you are the grantee or representative that wrote this grant submission, you may request changes by using these links: