User talk:Jayprakash12345

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, Jayprakash12345. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 14:00, 2 July 2015 (UTC)[reply]

Beta Wikiversity[edit]

Hi Jayprakash, I see you are quite active and productive on Beta Wikiversity at the moment. Perhaps you can respond at Proposals for closing projects/Move Beta Wikiversity to Incubator#Value? if you feel that your work on Beta Wikiversity would not be possible if your project was moved to the Incubator. --John Vandenberg (talk) 06:35, 17 May 2017 (UTC)[reply]

You have been nominated![edit]

Hi Jay, I nominated you for Merchandise giveaway. All the best! Zoran. Zoranzoki21 (talk) 22:01, 21 March 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Merchandise Giveaway Nomination - Successful[edit]

Hey Jayprakash12345

You have been successfully nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program ( Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!

Please email us at merchandisegiveaway(_AT_) and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.

Thanks! Seddon (WMF) (talk) 00:40, 6 June 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Suggestions for FloatableEditingButton[edit]

Hi Jayprakash12345,

I have some suggestions and improvements at Feel free to copy, and ask any questions! --Krinkle (talk) 18:49, 10 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Krinkle Thank you Sir, We are a group student. So we don't know best practices, we are improving ourselves. again Thanks--Jayprakash >>> Talk 01:39, 11 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]

The Community Wishlist Survey[edit]


You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)[reply]

Heritage GLAM[edit]

Thank You for joining. Eligibility confirmed for round 1. You can keep a watch on grant and the talk page.Wikilover90 (talk) 14:04, 12 December 2018 (UTC)[reply]


Jayprakash ji,

English Wikipedia Tool Refill/Refill2 is looking for a maintainer. It would be great if you take a lead and help indic wikis as well as other wikis in making this tool accessable to all. The link of the same is seen at English Wikipedia --Tiven2240 (talk) 04:28, 12 January 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Tiven2240 Ji, Thanks for your appreciation to notify me. But I can't take this responsibly at this time. Because as a Lead developer in Indic-TechCom, We are already running and maintenance of some tools. you don't know how busy I am. We already have 6 months work plan like QR code gen, Indic Wikisource contest tools, SectionImporter, CountDownClock Tools and many more. These are High priority on Our Workboard.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 12:34, 12 January 2019 (UTC)[reply]
What is Section-Importer and CountDownClock? Can you point to the phab tickets? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 13:13, 4 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]
Hello Winged Blades of Godric, Section-Importer tool for import sections from other wikis. See more deatils on Indic-TechCom/Requests#How_to_import_the_translations_from_en.wikt_to_ta.wikt And CountDownClock is javascript based count down clock for Contests. where contests end time will change dynamically. For UserScripts we does not create phab tickets. We uses Phab only for Toolsforge Tools and MediaWiki. Thanks :)--Jayprakash >>> Talk 18:45, 4 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]
That request (esp. the terminologies) is problematic. Importing in media-wiki-software has a specific meaning and it preserves history. Sections can never be imported because you can't snip out the history or do something like that.
What the OP is (probably) asking for is some script/bot that will automate the copy-paste of the translation sections from en.wikt entries to corresponding entries over ta.wikt. This can be done, though. Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 19:05, 4 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

A denied request[edit]

  • Also, w.r.t to a request that you denied over the board, you might wish to see the operations of this and this bot. Setting up (and localizing) is pretty easy......
  • Do you develop user-scripts only or do you write bots et al, too? Are you familiar with the framework? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 19:30, 4 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]
Hello Winged Blades of Godric Ji,
  1. The request is about to add padlock automatically without add any template. This can only be done by MediaWiki extension or Javascript. Yes, of course, we can run the bot to manage templates on protected pages. But this was not part of the request.
  2. I am MediaWiki Developer who works on MediaWiki-HTMLForm mainly. See Gerrit Wikimedia. But now I am also working on UserScript for Indic-Communities. I did not create any bot script yet. But I have created some MediaWiki API lib in Python. And will learn framework soon. :)--Jayprakash >>> Talk 09:05, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Floatable edit buttons[edit]

  • Why shall I see an edit-link for the contributions-page or pages protected to an level, that I cannot edit? In technical terms, why are you not using an API query to find out whether the page can be edited by the user, at all?
  • For one, there exists better methods to achieve the objectives, without sacrificing interface-design by ugly big buttons (except when necessary). It is highly concerning that anybody visiting ta.wikt sees such ugly buttons, being forced on them and I vividly dislike such tinkering with common css.
  • At any case, see this user-script, which allows an user to edit the part. section (he/she is currently hovering over) by pressing the Alt+Shift+D in Chrome/Firefox and Alt+E in Edge/IE. No need see those ugly buttons. Obviously, the exact key (D) can be altered per user-wishes.
  • The access-key to edit the entire page, is Alt+Shift+E in Chrome and Firefox. Edge/IE supports Alt+E.
  • Please advise others to extensively use the new 2017 wikitext editor. It enables an entire floating bar including but not limited to preview and save button; in a far decent manner.
  • If they wish for some specific local toolbar; I can add that.
Issue 1 has fixed now. Thanks for reporting :)--Jayprakash >>> Talk 09:17, 7 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]


Why are you developing an extension? And, why do you think adding it to core would not be a bloat? How does this template; (dependent on a Lua Module) does not serve your purpose? Even, if you want a running timer; we can implement that by scripts (and outside calls) without any extension, as such.Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 06:34, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

We have already developed a MediaWiki extension for the countdown clock for the third party MediaWiki sites. See mw:Extension:CountDownClock. we are planning it to deploy over Wikimedia sites. But this will not an easy task. See mw:Review queue. We have to do many things like writing unit testing etc. CountDownClock which I mentioned above will javascript based script. en:Template:Countdown will never help us. because Wikimedia site has strong coaching. There is a disaster example of using this template. See what happened when a community member used this template in Site Notice [1]. The Script is about to create. But There will be some Performance issue. Because uses hits wiki sites over million times. And Loading script again and again maybe create Performance issue. So I will create phab ticket to get clearance from Performance-Team. :)--Jayprakash >>> Talk 08:42, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]


What's the engine that you are using? Tesseract? Or any derivative, thereof? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 07:22, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

We are not using Tesseract due to phab:T208711#4780257. At this time, we are using google engine. And waiting for migration to Debian Stretch.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 08:15, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Techcom wiki[edit]

What happens over that fishbowl wiki and what it's used for? Who have access? Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 07:22, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

I just setup this wiki last night. this wiki will use by team member internally like discussing any security loophole of tools and sharing technical experience to the others team member. Currently, I have access to this wiki. But soon other member will also have access. :)--Jayprakash >>> Talk 08:08, 5 February 2019 (UTC)[reply]

For requesting a JavaScript[edit]

Hi @Jayprakash12345:, I copied a JavaScript for changing Background colors. It changes the color only in edit mode I want to change the colors for main page too. Here is the link for that Java script which I copied and edited. Can you help me with that please. --*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 05:36, 1 July 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Hardarshan Sure, Copy this code
//This Script is made by User:Benipal hardarshan
//You can copy it or just put this in your common.js {{{{{{{importscript("User:Benipal_hardarshan/ColourBackground.js")}}}}}}}

jQuery( document ).ready( function() {

	var colourEditInterfaceBackground = function( pageBG, editboxBG, fontColour, linkColour, newLinkColour, extLinkColour){ 
		style = $('<style type="text/css" />').appendTo('head');
			'#content		{background-color:'+ pageBG +' !important;}\
			#content		{color:'+ fontColour +' !important;}\
			a				{color:'+ linkColour +' !important;}\
			.new			{color:'+ newLinkColour +' !important;}\
			.extiw			{color:'+ extLinkColour +' !important;}\
			textarea, input	{background-color:'+editboxBG +' !important;}');
	colourEditInterfaceBackground('#FFE4B5', '#FFE4E1', '#2F4F4F', '#800080', '#B0E0E6', '#EEE8AA');

--Jayprakash >>> Talk 18:37, 1 July 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Thanks @Jayprakash12345: --*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 03:00, 3 July 2019 (UTC)[reply]
What about the other script which I told you to correct. --*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 03:02, 3 July 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Want some help with a script[edit]

Hi Jay I found a script for adding a new button in toolbar but it is not working can you help me with that. Click here to open the link --*•.¸♡ ℍ𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕡𝕒𝕝 ♡¸.•*𝕋𝕒𝕝𝕜 16:24, 1 August 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Chunk upload not working[edit]

Hi Jay The chunk upload tool on Commons is not working. It is showing all chunks uploaded 100% one by one. But in the end it says -'Failed:stashfailed:This file did not pass file verification'. One of the file in this series of books was successfully uploaded. Further 6 uploads are pending. Please help in fixing the error. Thanks,--सुबोध कुलकर्णी (talk) 04:38, 5 August 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Community Insights Survey[edit]

RMaung (WMF) 14:34, 9 September 2019 (UTC)[reply]

The TWUG on[edit]

Hello Jayprakash

A few months ago, WMF opened a new discussion space. Since our user group has some difficulties to communicate (not everyone sees the messages that are posted on Talk:Wiktionary/Tremendous_Wiktionary_User_Group), I asked for a dedicated forum for the TWUG to be opened. It's happening here (there is no topic so far).

From now on, I invite you to follow the category to be informed as soon as a new topic is created. Pamputt (talk) 19:00, 16 September 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Reminder: Community Insights Survey[edit]

RMaung (WMF) 19:14, 20 September 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Reminder: Community Insights Survey[edit]

RMaung (WMF) 17:04, 4 October 2019 (UTC)[reply]

WikiConference India 2020: IRC today[edit]

Greetings, thanks for taking part in the initial conversation around the proposal for WikiConference India 2020 in Hyderabad. Firstly, we are happy to share the news that there has been a very good positive response from individual Wikimedians. Also there have been community-wide discussions on local Village Pumps on various languages. Several of these discussions have reached consensus, and supported the initiative. To conclude this initial conversation and formalise the consensus, an IRC is being hosted today evening. We can clear any concerns/doubts that we have during the IRC. Looking forward to your participation.

The details of the IRC are

Note: Initially, all the users who have engaged on WikiConference India 2020: Initial conversations page or its talk page were added to the WCI2020 notification list. Members of this list will receive regular updates regarding WCI2020. If you would like to opt-out or change the target page, please do so on this page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:27, 20 October 2019 (UTC)[reply]

WikiConference India 2020: IRC today[edit]

Greetings, thanks for taking part in the initial conversation around the proposal for WikiConference India 2020 in Hyderabad. Firstly, we are happy to share the news that there has been a very good positive response from individual Wikimedians. Also there have been community-wide discussions on local Village Pumps on various languages. Several of these discussions have reached consensus, and supported the initiative. To conclude this initial conversation and formalise the consensus, an IRC is being hosted today evening. We can clear any concerns/doubts that we have during the IRC. Looking forward to your participation.

The details of the IRC are

Note: Initially, all the users who have engaged on WikiConference India 2020: Initial conversations page or its talk page were added to the WCI2020 notification list. Members of this list will receive regular updates regarding WCI2020. If you would like to opt-out or change the target page, please do so on this page.

This message is being sent again because template substitution failed on non-Meta-Wiki Wikis. Sorry for the inconvenience. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:58, 20 October 2019 (UTC)[reply]

Community Wishlist Survey 2020[edit]


You are getting this message because you've previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey, in either the Wikisource or Wiktionary categories. I wanted to let you know that this year's survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until November 11. Unlike previous years, we are only accepting proposals for non-Wikipedia content projects with no dedicated teams (i.e., Wikibooks, Wiktionary, Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikiversity, Wikispecies, Wikivoyage, and Wikinews). You can learn more on the survey page.

You can vote on proposals from November 20 to December 2. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won't send out a separate reminder to you about that. We look forward to your participation. Thank you! IFried (WMF) (talk) 18:52, 22 October 2019 (UTC)[reply]

[WikiConference India 2020] Invitation to participate in the Community Engagement Survey[edit]

This is an invitation to participate in the Community Engagement Survey, which is one of the key requirements for drafting the Conference & Event Grant application for WikiConference India 2020 to the Wikimedia Foundation. The survey will have questions regarding a few demographic details, your experience with Wikimedia, challenges and needs, and your expectations for WCI 2020. The responses will help us to form an initial idea of what is expected out of WCI 2020, and draft the grant application accordingly. Please note that this will not directly influence the specificities of the program, there will be a detailed survey to assess the program needs post-funding decision.

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 05:10, 12 December 2019 (UTC)[reply]

[WikiConference India 2020] Conference & Event Grant proposal[edit]

WikiConference India 2020 team is happy to inform you that the Conference & Event Grant proposal for WikiConference India 2020 has been submitted to the Wikimedia Foundation. This is to notify community members that for the last two weeks we have opened the proposal for community review, according to the timeline, post notifying on Indian Wikimedia community mailing list. After receiving feedback from several community members, certain aspects of the proposal and the budget have been changed. However, community members can still continue engage on the talk page, for any suggestions/questions/comments. After going through the proposal + FAQs, if you feel contented, please endorse the proposal at WikiConference_India_2020#Endorsements, along with a rationale for endorsing this project. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:21, 19 February 2020 (UTC)[reply]


Can you please re-test phab:T192402? -- Prod (talk) 06:24, 20 May 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Over-qualified CSS selectors[edit]

My apologies that this message is just available in English.

Over-qualified CSS selectors of portals in Wikimedia skins have been changed. div#p-personal, div#p-navigation, div#p-interaction, div#p-tb, div#p-lang, div#p-namespaces or div#p-variants are now all removed of the div qualifier, as in for example it is #p-personal, #p-navigation …. This is so the skins can use HTML5 elements. Your gadgets or user styles seem to use them and you will have to update them. You can read more in phab:T252467. Johan (WMF) through MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:27, 8 June 2020 (UTC)[reply]

News from the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group[edit]


I let you this message because you are part of the (very dynamic) Tremendous Wiktionary User Group!

As the process of name change is ongoing for the Wikimedia Foundation, I invite you to participate to a collective opinion from the user group. There is also a proposal for a communique directed to the WMF. You are welcome to discuss it too. I imagine you may also express your opinion through other canals but your inputs are still welcome! Thank you in advance! Noé (talk) 15:50, 17 June 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Global interface editor granted[edit]

Hello Jay. I've closed your request as successful and granted global interface editor permissions for a year up to 2021-03-07. Best regards, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 11:02, 3 July 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Hi MarcoAurelio, Thank you very much :). Thanks for being here.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 17:51, 3 July 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Facing an issue with Twinkle[edit]

I would like to know whether you can resolve the issue - Twinkle[module] is not a function present in Malayalam Wikipedia. I have merged some files related to Twinkle from enwiki and was able to resolve small issues, but is not able to identify the location from where the specific error arises. Adithyak1997 (talk) 19:26, 18 July 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Twinkle diff module issues[edit]

Hello Jayprakash12345, I am having some issues with Twinkle diff module, Where it must appear "Last", "Since mine", etc; it seems the CSS is not working, the content is out of "Twinkle" tab, could you please fix this? Thank you. Marcoasxd (talk) 19:16, 22 July 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Invitation to affiliate members to complete a survey about WMF wide Universal Code of Conduct[edit]

Hello; My name is Mervat, and I am helping the Trust and Safety team to reach out to affiliates in order to discuss the Universal Code of Conduct.  

There has been talks about the need for a global set of conduct rules in different communities over time, and finally, Wikimedia Foundation Board announced a Community Culture Statement, enacting new standards to address harassment and promote inclusivity across projects.Since the universal code of conduct that will be a binding minimum set of standards across all Wikimedia projects, will apply to all of us, staff and volunteers alike, all around the globe, and will impact our work as groups, individuals and projects, it’s of great importance that we all participate in expressing our opinions and thoughts about UCoC, its nature, what we think it should cover or include and what it shouldn’t include; how it may develop, drawback or help our groups.   This is the time to talk about it. As you are a valuable contributor to the Wikimedia movement, your voice counts. Before starting to draft the code of conduct, we would like to hear from you; We invite you to devote some minutes to take this survey; your answers will help us create a safer environment for all on Wikimedia:  

It’s possible that you are a member of more than one affiliate; hence you may receive this survey more than once, and you may have participated previously in the discussions or filled out a previous survey during the first round of consultations about UCoC which targeted wikipedia/wikimedia communities. We apologize for this; it is really difficult to identify if a wikimedian belongs to multiple groups that work to spread free knowledge. Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions and hoping that you can respond within the next 2 weeks.  If you have any questions about the surveys or difficulties accessing the link, please contact me by email ( will be considered during the drafting process for the UCoCThank you for your participation

Mervat Salman - Trust & Safety (Policy) Facilitator, Wikimedia Foundation. --Mervat (WMF) (talk) 21:35, 3 August 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Indic devs meet with MWStakeholders?[edit]

We noticed that you recently became a user group. Since you seem to be very involved in actually working on WMF wikis and non-WMF wikis, I wonder if you might be interested in coming to talk with us at our next user group meeting.

I know our meeting time is probably very late for you all, but I think it would be very good if we could find ways to work together. --MarkAHershberger(talk) 20:33, 26 October 2020 (UTC)[reply]

Infobox issue[edit]

Hello Jay, why I'm unable to create the follow Infobox

Community Wishlist Survey 2021: Invitation[edit]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:26, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

Community Wishlist Survey 2021[edit]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)

[SWT South Asia 2021] [Reminder] Understanding the technical challenges on wikis: Sunday, January 24th at 6 pm![edit]

Thanks for signing up to participate in the “Understanding the technical challenges on wikis” session organized as a part of the Small wiki toolkits - South Asia 2021. In this session, we will be discussing the technical challenges faced by contributors to Wikimedia projects of South Asian languages, come up with ideas to build local technical capacity, and increase and share skills and knowledge across various communities.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Regards, SWT South Asia Organizers, 15:46, 22 January 2021 (UTC)

Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Submission selected[edit]

Hello Jayprakash12345,

Greetings from Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 organizing committee. We are glad to inform you that your submission is selected and it would be great to have your session.
Submission: Writing UserScripts and gadgets

Date and time: Saturday, 19 February, 16:20 - 17:20 IST
Please see the program schedule: Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021/Program

For any query or support assistance, please write to our email at wmwm(_AT_)


Jayanta (CIS-A2K) (talk) 19:03, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 organizing member[reply]

Gadget requests for the Konkani Wikipedia[edit]

Hello Jayprakash12345, we need some help regarding gadgets on the Konkani Wikipedia. Please could you see the following posts?

Thanks in advance, The Discoverer (talk) 07:53, 10 February 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[WMF Board of Trustees - Call for feedback: Community Board seats] Meetings with MediaWiki and Wikitech communities[edit]

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. This call for feedback is to see what processes can we all collaboratively design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?

In this regard, two rounds of feedback meetings are being hosted to collect feedback from the technical communities in Wikimedia. Two rounds are being hosted with the same agenda, to accomodate people from various time zones across the globe. We will be discussing ideas proposed by the Board and the community to address the above mentioned problems. Please sign-up according to whatever is most comfortable to you. You are welcome to participate in both as well!

Also, please share this with other volunteers who might be interested in this. Let me know if you have any questions. --KCVelaga (WMF) (talk) 14:11, 21 February 2021 (UTC)[reply]

[Small wiki toolkits] Workshop on Workshop on "Designing responsive main pages" - 30 April (Friday)[edit]

As part of the Small wiki toolkits (South Asia) initiative, we would like to inform you about the third workshop of this year on “Designing responsive main pages”. During this workshop, we will learn to design the main page of a wiki to be responsive. This will allow the pages to be mobile-friendly, by adjusting the width and the height according to various screen sizes. Participants are expected to have a good understanding of Wikitext/markup and optionally basic CSS.

Details of the workshop are as follows:

If you are interested, please sign-up on the registration page.

Regards, Small wiki toolkits - South Asia organizers, 05:53, 24 April 2021 (UTC)

If you would like unsubscribe from updates related "Small wiki toolkits - South Asia", kindly remove yourself from this page.

Consultation on a Private Mediawiki Project[edit]

Hi! I am Dr. Manu. I work in Public Health/ Tuberculosis control.(Wikipedia User Page) I was working on developing private mediawiki project to maintain living documents for the NTEP. I needed some technical advise in setting up a mediawiki instance and related configuration. I would be grateful if we could have a quick 30 min call to understand the need and whether you would be able to provide support.

Thanks --Manu Mathew (talk) 06:17, 29 April 2021 (UTC)[reply]

SWT South Asia Workshops: Feedback Survey[edit]

Thanks for participating in one or more of small wiki toolkits workshops. Please fill out this short feedback survey that will help the program organizers learn how to improve the format of the workshops in the future. It shouldn't take you longer than 5-10 minutes to fill out this form. Your feedback is precious for us and will inform us of the next steps for the project.

Please fill in the survey before 24 June 2021 at

MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:51, 9 June 2021 (UTC)[reply]

WikiFile transfer[edit]

Hey jay,
What happened to the wikifile transfer? I saw that the permission has been revoked MdsShakil (talk) 08:56, 12 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

MdsShakil JI, For security reason per phab: T286416, developers need to rotate all credentials in their tool's config file. I have applied the new OAuth credentials. It will approved soon (today) then It will start work again.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 11:05, 12 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]
Oh, ok —MdsShakil (talk) 15:39, 12 July 2021 (UTC)[reply]

Indic Hackathon | 20-22 May 2022 + Scholarships[edit]

Hello Jayprakash12345,

(You are receiving this message as you participated previously participated in small wiki toolkits workshops.)

We are happy to announce that the Indic MediaWiki Developers User Group will be organizing Indic Hackathon 2022, a regional event as part of the main Wikimedia Hackathon taking place in a hybrid mode during 20-22 May. The regional event will be an in-person event taking place in Hyderabad.

As it is with any hackathon, the event’s program will be semi-structured i.e. while we will have some sessions in sync with the main hackathon event, the rest of the time will be upto participants’ interest on what issues they are interested to work on. The event page can be seen at

We have full scholarships available to enable you to participate in the event, which covers travel, accommodation, food and other related expenses. The link to scholarships application form is available on the event page. The deadline is 23:59 hrs 17 April 2022.

Let us know on the event talk page or send an email to if you have any questions. We are looking forward to your participation.

Regards, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:43, 12 April 2022 (UTC)[reply]