Please read before you post
The Indic-TechCom request page is intended for placing a technical request for help and support from Indic communities.
- Relevance: All requests should be related to technical aspects of Indic Wikimedia projects. In other words, a request should be directly related to any Indic-language Wikimedia projects.
- Community discussion: In many cases, to process the request, community discussion and consensus is a must. So, please consult your community on the respective village pump/mailing list etc. Even in remaining cases where community consensus is not must, you are encouraged to first discuss the request within your community (on your respective Indic Wikimedia project) and discuss before placing a request here. You need to wait for at least 7 days after starting a village pump/mailing list discussion to get community response. Please share a link of such a discussion.
- User rights: Some of these requests need "Interface admin rights" in a project to complete it. We will request you Interface admin rights for a limited period of time and you may need to write in the same discussion where a community was consulted to make it happen. Please follow this up whenever needed.
- Assume good faith: Indic TechCom is managed by volunteers. Although we would try to respond as soon as possible. sometimes there might be delays. Based on the difficulty of a requested task, there might be delays as well. Please assume good faith.
- Archive: For the archive overview, see Archive.
Please sign by entering four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon ; this will automatically produce your name and the date.
- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Bangla wikipedia's twinkle gadget stopped working. It says ‘Failed to retrieve edit token.’ Not just bnwiki, same on hiwiki. I think this is because of https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.37/Deprecation_of_legacy_API_token_parameters I think bn:মিডিয়াউইকি:Gadget-morebits.js needs correction. Help needed. আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 23:26, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- @Jayprakash12345: Could please take a look. It little bit urgent. --আফতাবুজ্জামান (talk) 23:28, 8 October 2021 (UTC)
- Hi আফতাবুজ্জামান, Twikle gadget on Bangla Wikipedia is very old. It is using XML format for API calls which is very-very old. Nowadays most of the dev uses JSON format for API call. So I strongly urge to upgrade it to the new version. For urgent basis, I fixed the speedy deletion and rollback modules of twinkle which is most used and usefull module. Maybe other modules can also work but I have tested only these module. See , , and . চিয়ার্স--Jayprakash >>> Talk 20:23, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- @Jayprakash12345:, I've plan to work on it, soon I'll start. Regards, ZI Jony (Talk) 20:31, 9 October 2021 (UTC)
- Mark as Done--Jayprakash >>> Talk 16:01, 16 October 2021 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
Hello Jayprakash12345 / Indic-TechCom team, we need some help to write a gadget on the Konkani Wikipedia.
The Konkani Wikipedia contains articles in three scripts: Latin, Devanagari and Kannada. We have a widely-used template called Lipi that creates tabs that contain links to articles on the same topic but written in different scripts (see, for example the tabs below the page title on Konknni bhas). Could you help write a gadget that would replace the template Lipi, if it exists on a page, by a tab, maybe using the p-cactions portlet? I'm thinking of something like the tab that converts between Cyrillic and Latin text in the Serbian Wikipedia.
Thanks in advance, The Discoverer (talk) 20:47, 19 February 2022 (UTC)
Hi Indic-TechCom team, I tried to activate Watchlist-notices on Telugu Wikipedia. I am facing the problem of watchlist-notice not getting displayed, when I view my watchlist page as display-style is becoming 'none'. I have updated all relevant style sheets, but could not debug it. Can you help at the earliest, as I am all set to display my first message. --Arjunaraoc (talk) 05:33, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
- Arjunaraoc Ji, Can you check now. I made a change on MediaWiki:Common.css.--Jayprakash >>> Talk 06:58, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
- @User:Jayprakash12345, Thanks. It is working. I wonder why the default enwiki code failed.--Arjunaraoc (talk) 07:03, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
- @User:Jayprakash12345, Can you look into why the dismiss button that appears on enwiki is not appearing, when you can spare some more time? --Arjunaraoc (talk) 07:18, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
- @User:Jayprakash12345, As the navigation buttons VTE are appearing next to message, occupying more space which is not mobile friendly, can you hide them for now? Thanks.--Arjunaraoc (talk) 03:39, 24 March 2022 (UTC)