re:Bot on wiktionary fr:
Salut Pamputt, I could change it, but the bot uses the latest versions of pywikipediabot, since the French Wiktionary is listed in wiktionary_family.py as self.alphabetic it does not sort by language code but by language name, if You don't wish that all! bots on fr.Wiktionary are sorting like that please request an update on sourceforge for pywikipediabot, because if not the bots on fr.wikt would make an "editwar". But I suggest to ask on fr.wikt first, because usually the sort order is by language code, and to get it changed in pywikipedia they must have requested it on sourceforge already, because only a few Wiktionaries are listed as self.alphabetic there.
P.S. I will not be home before late Monday or Tuesday anyway, so my bot won't run until then.
Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open
You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.
The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
Dear Pamputt, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:36, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your translation help!
|The Translation Barnstar|
|Thank you very much for your help translating the 2016 Strategy Consultation pages! I am so grateful for the energy you and others have put into helping the consultation reach speakers of as many languages as possible. Kbrown (WMF) (talk) 17:25, 5 February 2016 (UTC)|
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Traduction des pages FDC
Salut Pamputt ! J'ai vu que tu avais marqué cette page à la traduction. Je ne comprends rien à rien aux templates de traduction mais j'ai besoin de rajouter une ligne à cette page et je ne sais pas comment le faire sans tout casser. Quelle est la page maître exactement ? (je suppose que c'est la page en anglais, mais où dois-je la changer et que dois-je faire exactement pour ne pas tout casser ? Je voudrais simplement rajouter une ligne dans le carré du haut "IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT ANNUAL PLAN GRANTS". Veux-tu bien m'aider ? :D Merci ! Delphine (WMF) (talk) 10:35, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- @Delphine (WMF): en fait tu n'as pas à te soucier des balises de traduction. Tu ajoutes simplement ton contenu là où tu le ferais s'il n'y cait pas de balises et tout se passera bien. Dis moi quand tu auras fini pour que je vérifie si tu as fait les choses correctements et pour que je marque le nouveau message à traduire. Pamputt (talk) 20:38, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
2016 Community Wishlist Survey
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
Réduisons l'effet de Wikipédia sur l'environnement
Pamputt, merci de ton incroyable travail avec la traduction de la page Environmental impact! Je t'en suis gravement reconnaissant. --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 16:33, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- @Gnom: de rien. J'ai fait cela avec plaisir. Mon travail n'était pas grand chose par rapport au tien. Bon courage pour la suite. Pamputt (talk) 18:22, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
- Merci! Si tu veux, tu pourrais aussi ajouter ta signature à la liste des soutiens. :-) --Gnom (talk) Let's make Wikipedia green! 20:38, 5 February 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
Preparing pages for translation
Hi. Please read the translation documentation and be careful while preparing pages for translation. By this edit you destroyed the whole translation block and all the existing translations, forcing the translators to translate the already translated text from scratch (sorry for the tautology). I fixed it this way: . On ToolTranslate you included the code and urls and all the untranslatable stuff into the translation blocks, which is wrong. Besides, the headers should be split from the base text. I fixed it this way.
Please remember that being a translation admin is not simply being able to push a button. Please read the documentation and prepare the pages accordingly. Thanks!--Piramidion 12:53, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Piramidion: thanks for the alert. It is indeed my fault; I did this modification quickly and I did not take time to check if it works correctly. I will be more vigilant in the future. Pamputt (talk) 13:36, 1 April 2017 (UTC)
J'ai vu que tu seras à l'AG de Wikimédia France et c'est cool, tu pourras y revoir Lyokoï et François Goglins. Je ne pourrai pas y être, et du coup, est-ce que je pourrais éventuellement te passer une procuration ? -- Noé (talk) 12:06, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- Oui tu peux le faire. Tu me dit quoi voter et c'est bon. Tu peux me contacter par mail si c'est plus simple. Pamputt (talk) 12:16, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Masti: thanks. Indeed it works. However, I am rather sure that I was connected. BTW I reloaded the page and it worked. Pamputt (talk) 21:32, 24 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Masti: I continue to think about that blocking. Today an IP on French Wikipedia says that it has been blocked because of vandalism whereas he did not. Here you blocked a lot of IP. I know that this block is used by my ISP (OVH France, see this for example) for his customer. I think it is really important to allow IPs to edit on the Wikimedia projects. Since my IP address (within this range) is static, I think you should remove this block and block only vandal IP address. Or at least, do a block on a smaller range. Pamputt (talk) 22:00, 26 November 2017 (UTC)
Translation request for New Readers Inspire Campaign-- and thanks!
Hi there! I'm contacting you because you've volunteered your time in the past to help translate Inspire Campaigns, or you've expressed an interest about helping to translate. We have a new campaign starting soon about new readers, as we try to encourage contributors to develop ideas on how to inform and invite people to use Wikipedia, especially in places where folks are not aware of it. There are two pages that will need translation:
There will be one additional page for translation that includes the questions we will be asking idea creators when they submit ideas for the campaign. I will notify you when that prose is ready.
Finally, thank you for your support; it's very important to me that these campaigns are accessible to folks across non-English Wikimedia projects, and I wouldn't be able to do that without your time and effort. In appreciation, I'd like to send you a postcard from Chicago where I reside. If you'd like to receive a postcard from me, please e-mail me with an address I contact you at to my work e-mail, cschillingwikimedia.org. I realize this is private information, so if you would prefer not to receive a postcard, that is understandable. Your work to make our projects accessible to everyone is no less appreciated. Please let me know if you have any questions about the prose regarding translation. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 20:33, 8 January 2018 (UTC)
Je vous remercie pour votre réponse. Bien sûr, on a fusionné l'atelier et la présentation dans une seule session de 45 minutes. Vous présenterez aussi le contenu de cette session dans Tool demos dans une présentation de 5 minutes. Vous aurez aussi une autre présentation de 7 minutes. Elle est intitulée How to increase the visibility of minority languages in Wiktionary et aura lieu ce samedi à 13:51. On en parlera en détail demain soir et ajustera le programme final ensemble si vous serez à Tunis.