|←Discussion pages||Babylon talk page||Archives→|
|Welcome to the Babylon talk page! This place is dedicated to discussions about all the translations-related issues here on Meta-Wiki.
Hi! I'm from Spain, I can speak Catalan, Spanish and English, but I don't know which is the procedure that I need to follow to translate an article. Can I take any article that I like and translate it? Or I need to tell someone about it? I'm so confused! For example: one of the traduction of the week is The Yellow Wallpaper. I think that nobody traduced it to Catalan. Can I take the article and traduced? Or I need to say it to the META community? Thank you very much, and I'm sorry if I do something incorrect!
EuAlexandre Ice queria pedir aulas sobre como criar e editar um documento na wikipédia para eu poder partilhar algum conhecimento.
Editing translation of the week
Hello, I was wondering if anyone who knows Dutch to a high level would be willing to edit my translation. I would love to get some feedback in order to keep learning the finer points of this language. Thanks!
Need German translation please
Hi. I need a German interpreter please. I created and then transcluded de:Wikipedia:Projektdiskussion/Interwiki search results from sister projects now active (need translation please) at de:Wikipedia:Projektdiskussion to notify the community about cross-wiki search results. Thanks. --George Ho (talk) 17:22, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- Bist Du die IP? Ich würde das ein wenig anders formulieren.
- And one question to George Ho: Should we replace your message or add it? And should we write it to some better suited places in deWP, like Kurier as well, or keep it there? Grüße vom Sänger ♫(Reden) 17:48, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
- Leave de:Wikipedia:Projektdiskussion/Suchergebnisse von Schwesterprojekten sind jetzt verfügbar remaining, Sänger. Meanwhile, you can spread the message elsewhere if you wish please. Thanks... or Danke. --George Ho (talk) 17:54, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
Needing respective translators to post notifications in local wikis
I posted a suggestion at Wikimedia Forum#Search results from sister projects enabled in all Wikipedias of needing individual translators to post notifications about crosswiki search results. I already posted notifications at Spanish and German Wikipedia sites with help of translators. I posted English notifications at Chinese and Japanese Wikipedia sites needing translations. I think more are needed. --George Ho (talk) 20:43, 26 June 2017 (UTC)
Need help on Portuguese Wikipedia
I added File:Blame It on the Boogie by The Jacksons A-side US vinyl.png into an article, but some bot named Salebot reverted the edit. I don't know who operates the bot, so I wonder whether there is a Portuguese interpreter. I appreciate the help as needed. --George Ho (talk) 07:38, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
- This question doesn't belong here, but pt:Usuário(a)_Discussão:Salebot#Salebot says "It can make mistakes — In this case, you can revert the bot and save all the job (this is a wiki, after all)." So I think you can try to undo it, and see what happens. Stryn (talk) 14:27, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
The reinsertion was reverted, Stryn. I got the message at my Portuguese page. --George Ho (talk) 21:35, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
- Oops, I mistakenly used the diff link of "Shake Your Body Down to the Ground". I did revert, and the bot didn't revert back. That's a relief! --George Ho (talk) 21:45, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, Stryn, the bot reverted my reinsertion of another image for another article. --George Ho (talk) 21:50, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
Your feedback is welcome!
Hey everyone, TL;DR, see Technical Collaboration/Community collaboration in product development/Tech ambassadors and translators to provide feedback on the role of tech ambassadors and tech translators until August 22nd, or in person at Wikimania. All details on page. Any help spreading the word is certainly appreciated :) Ciao, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:09, 10 August 2017 (UTC)
Bring back the Moldovan Cyrillic Wikipedia
Hi, my name is Muso Kortjass and I would like to would you do the my official language Moldovan Cyrillic because my cannot lose my mother tongue because other wanted it to get deleted, so please help me. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Muso Max Von Vaduz (talk • contribs) 13:26, 14 August 2017 (UTC) (UTC)
- Context: Proposals for closing projects/Deletion of Moldovan Wikipedia 2. Muso, are you able to contribute a language converter to Cyrillic? If you understand PHP, you can find a rather simple example in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/mediawiki/browse/master/languages/classes/LanguageKu.php . What's needed is basically a map of characters from latin to cyrillic and vice versa and a list of example conversions for testing. --Nemo 07:14, 15 August 2017 (UTC)