|← Discussion pages||Wikimedia Forums||Archives →|
The Wikimedia Forum is a central place for questions, announcements and other discussions about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. (For discussion about the Meta wiki, see Meta:Babel.)
You can reply to a topic by clicking the "" link beside that section, or you can start a new discussion.
|SpBot archives all sections tagged with
Training on using the Wiki Applications
I've just re-donated to support Wikipedia for another year. But, I think I only scratch the surface of using it and the other related Wiki offerings. How can I get training (e.g. videos) on how to use all of the offerings? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:38, 22 September 2022
This update comes in response to several things:
- Implementing the Universal Code of Conduct
- Updating project text to the Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0 license (CC 4.0)
- A proposal for better addressing undisclosed paid editing
- Bringing the ToU in line with current and recently passed laws affecting the Wikimedia Foundation including the European Digital Services Act
Regarding the Universal Code of Conduct and its enforcement guidelines, we are instructed to ensure that the ToU include it in some form.
Regarding CC 4.0, the communities had determined as the result of a 2016 consultation that the projects should upgrade the main license for hosted text from the current CC BY-SA 3.0 to CC BY-SA 4.0. We’re excited to be able to put that into effect, which will open up the projects to receiving a great deal of already existing CC BY-SA 4.0 text and improve reuse and remixing of project content going forward.
Regarding the proposal for better addressing undisclosed paid editing, the Wikimedia Foundation intends to strengthen its tools to support existing community policies against marketing companies engaged in systematic, undisclosed paid editing campaigns.
Finally, regarding new laws, the last ToU update was in 2015, and that update was a single item regarding paid editing. The last thorough revision was in 2012. While the law affecting hosting providers has held steady for some time, with the recent passage of the EU’s Digital Services Act, we are seeing more significant changes in the legal obligations for companies like the Wikimedia Foundation that host large websites. So with a decade behind us and the laws affecting website hosts soon changing, we think it’s a good time to revisit the ToU and update them to bring them up to current legal precedents and standards.
As part of the feedback cycle two office hours will be held, the first on March 2, the second on April 4.
See this page to get all the information.
For further information, please consult:
- The proposed update of the ToU by comparison
- The page for your feedback
- Information about the office hours
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Legal Team,
JPBeland-WMF (talk) 15:36, 21 February 2023 (UTC), fixed links: --Dušan Kreheľ (talk) 15:19, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
Request to all editor, You all use Google Translate and create more pages in Bhojpuri language. राजा भोजपुरिया (talk) 14:47, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
- @राजा भोजपुरिया, do you speak the language yourself, or is it via Google Translate that you translate pages into it as well? --Base (talk) 15:50, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
- My mother tongue is Bhojpuri. I am write & speak easyly. राजा भोजपुरिया (talk) 15:53, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
Admins of Greek wikipedia
Hello! I would like to know where I can to denounce the admins behavior of the Greek wp, for violation of policies. Thank you. HBPEMD (talk) 17:42, 26 February 2023 (UTC)
- I suppose you could open a discussion at w:el:Βικιπαίδεια:Σημειωματάριο διαχειριστών, they have ~20 admins that can check each other. — xaosflux Talk 21:58, 27 February 2023 (UTC)
- help , I went down that rabbit hole yesterday because I wanted to correct some discrepancies on my village's page, I shocked & the more I click the more I find. I'm too new and overwhelmed at how horrible it is to even know how to help. Vialitsa (talk) 17:37, 11 March 2023 (UTC)
- First of all, sorry for my bab english, i use translator.
- They are all inactive. In fact, at the moment there are only 2 administrators - the very ones who are causing the problems. The rest are either inactive, or come in for 5 minutes whenever they can.
The conversations I open up all end in my blocking, and not just me. Other users are being abused, I just decided to come here. Most people just leave the wp. 220.127.116.11 00:43, 28 February 2023 (UTC)
The Japanese translation of the e-mail asking for donation
The Japanese version of the e-mail asking for donation was sent to Japanese Wikipedia users, but I have received multiple complaints about the content of the e-mail: the title of the e-mail completely looks like a spam, and the wording is quite rude. Where do I discuss the translation problem of the donation e-mail?--さえぼー (talk) 10:58, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
- Would you care to come over to MSIG Forum please? -- Omotecho (talk) 15:48, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
নাহিদ ফার্নিচার ব্যবসা
অনুবাদ Mehedi hasan kushila (talk) 14:22, 13 March 2023 (UTC)
Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions
Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at email@example.com or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.
One request - two stewards
i have the impression that something is going on here. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Steward_requests/Checkuser/2023-03#ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη@el.wikipedia_2
The first steward starts the checkuse, and the second steward finishes it without taking into account what the first steward writes.
where to file a complaint to get an explanation? ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη (talk) 19:12, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- @ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη: This is quite normal, and certainly not against policy. Although a single steward would normally do the entire request, in this case it looks like AmandaNP started the request, declined it due to lack of evidence and then once further evidence was supplied (in that request, by Ιπποκράτης2020 it seems) Sotiale re-evaluated the request, made a check and completed it. I see you've already left AmandaNP a message (though not Sotiale, at least about this complaint), so I'd recommend either awaiting their explanations or, as you've had pointed out to you, contact the Ombuds commission if you think relevant policy has been broken. — TheresNoTime (talk • they/them) 19:37, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
- Amanda not declined. The label was "hold", "...For now I have removed the evidence you have linked as it potentially falls under the Oversight policy. I will do the same on elwiki. Please do not repost until I get a response from meta oversighters and my fellow stewards. I'll review your checkuser case in due course - this is not an endorsement at this time." ΔώραΣτρουμπούκη (talk) 19:47, 14 March 2023 (UTC)
Osama Khalid and Ziyad al-Sofiani
Where can I find information on how the Wikimedia Foundation has addressed the arrests of Osama Khalid and Ziyad al-Sofiani? I know that the WMF is active in advocacy for free speech and legal rights in that area; what part of the WMF is responsible for that? I'm curious if this advocacy involves any attempt to work with national or international organizations that are equipped to address the arrests of these two administrators. Thebiguglyalien (talk) 01:19, 16 March 2023 (UTC)