--23:13, 29 January 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
WikiConference India 2016 program
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
2016 Community Wishlist Survey
You’re getting this message because you participated in the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey and we want to make sure you don't miss it this year – or at least can make the conscious choice to ignore if it you want to. The 2015 survey decided what the Community Tech team should work on during 2016. It was also the focus of Wikimedia hackathons and work by other developers. You can see the status of wishes from the 2015 wishlist at 2015 Community Wishlist Survey/Results.
The 2016 Community Wishlist Survey is now open for wishes. You can create proposals until November 20. You will be able to vote on which wishes you think are best or most important between November 28 and December 12. /Johan (WMF) (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:17, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
when proposing an OAuth app, please only check the grant your app will require. If it's just for logging in, you should probably select "Authentication only". Also, please use a distinctive app name. --Tgr (WMF) (talk) 07:53, 6 January 2020 (UTC)
Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
Greeting of day,
Wikipedia turns 20 on 15 January 2021. This Wikipedia 20 Meta-Wiki page is an initial framework the global Wikimedia community can use to coordinate around the 20th birthday of Wikipedia. We are celebrating how humans made Wikipedia what it is, and only humans can help sustain and grow it. We are celebrating 20 years human!
All you need to do is to sign in as the participant here and observe the celebrations of event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel. The decent stuff will receive a token of appreciation. Y'll are RSVP in the event Wikipedia 20th celebration the most innate way you feel and Wikipedia 20/Events/Uttar Pradesh
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
#WPWPCampaign2021: Learning and evaluation
Many thanks for participating in the WPWP campaign.
We are glad about the level of participation, this year and we are excited to inform you that over 900 volunteers around the world added photos to more than 250,000 articles in 298 languages Wikipedia. This year, we surpassed the 2020 edition's milestone by over 170%.
We are in the process of evaluating the WPWP campaign this year and we need your help. We'd love to get your feedback. Your feedback will allow us to better meet your expectations for the campaign in the next editions.
Please complete a brief survey so that we may learn about your participation in the campaign, strengths, challenges and your expectations. This information will enable us to improve the next editions of the Campaign.
Follow this link to the Survey:
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
Hi Kasyap, hope you're doing well. Just wanted to reach out and thank you for taking out the time for translating the UCoC enforcement guidelines - Universal Code of Conduct/Enforcement guidelines/te Thank you so much.
- If you are interested, do share your vote for the enforcement guidelines. Thank you :) CSinha (WMF) (talk) 15:40, 15 March 2022 (UTC)
Second Pywikibot workshop on Friday, March 25th, 16:00 UTC
Hello everyone, The second workshop on the topic of "Running Pywikibot scripts" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, March 25th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here. This workshop will introduce participants to the bot scripts available via the Pywikibot framework and how to use them. If you missed attending the first one, it would be beneficial to have Pywikibot installed on your computer before the workshop. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti (talk) via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:01, 23 March 2022 (UTC)
SWT Pywikibot Workshop Feedback Survey
Hello! Thanks for attending the SWT Pywikibot workshop(s).
Please fill out this short feedback survey that will help the program organizers learn how to improve the format of the workshops in the future. It shouldn't take you longer than 5-10 minutes to fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScTa9aZpGwoWO9XRuHEgeqbAeppsf65R8qsJ-KqbFugHQ1IOQ/viewform Your feedback is precious for us and will inform us of the next steps for the project. Please complete the survey by 30 March 2022.
This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data handling, see the survey privacy statement: https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal:SWT_Workshop_Feedback_Survey_Privacy_Statement Thank you, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 00:36, 26 March 2022 (UTC)
Apply to join the Leadership Development Working Group!
(Read this message in other languages on Meta-wiki: العربية • Русский •日本語 • 한국어)
This is a friendly reminder the Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.
Third Pywikibot workshop on Friday, April 29th, 16:00 UTC
Hello! The third workshop on the topic of "Writing Pywikibot scripts" is coming up - it will take place on Friday, April 29th at 16:00 UTC. You can find more details on the workshop and a link to join here. This workshop will introduce participants to writing basic scripts via the Pywikibot framework. Please follow through with the prerequisites if you plan to attend this workshop, particularly understanding how classes and methods work in Python, among others listed in the workshop details on the wiki page. We look forward to your participation!
[Small wiki toolkits] Fourth Bots workshop at Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 (May 20-22nd)
Hello, The fourth workshop on the topic of "Running popular bots on wikis" is coming up - several sessions will be run as part of it at the upcoming Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 (May 20-22nd). You can find more details on the workshop here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Small_wiki_toolkits/Workshops#How_to_run_a_popular_bot_on_your_wiki.
This workshop will introduce participants to a few popular bots in the Wikimedia ecosystem, how to set them up on the wikis, and tackle problems concerning the setup. This workshop will organize three sessions around InternetArchiveBot, YoBot, and SuggestBot. See more details https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T306593. We look forward to your participation! Cheers, Srishti via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:25, 16 May 2022 (UTC)