Jump to content

User talk:Victoria

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Latest comment: 22 days ago by Keegan (WMF) in topic Optional question for Board Election candidacy

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, Victoria. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

-- Meta-Wiki Welcome (talk) 07:33, 20 April 2015 (UTC)Reply

Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election[edit]

Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.

The facilitators have some activities planned during the campaign period. Be sure to check out Candidate Resources to learn more about the trustee role.

The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.

Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:34, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:43, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply
Thanks for letting me know, I wondered where's the link. UTC = GMT, so it's perfect for me.--Victoria (talk) 07:01, 2 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

Proof of Identity still needed for Board of Trustee Candidacy[edit]

Hi there! I see that you have not yet submitted your proof of identity. Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:

Driver's license
Passport
Other official documentation indicating real name and age

This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-info(_AT_)wikimedia.org. Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.

If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 03:42, 29 June 2021 (UTC)Reply

Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activities[edit]

Dear Candidate,

I am writing to you about several things:

1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.

2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.

3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac(_AT_)wikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr(_AT_)wikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:37, 16 July 2021 (UTC)Reply

Congratulations on your Wikimedia Foundation board appointment[edit]

At Wikimedia Foundation elections/2021/Results you are announced as a selected candidate for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation. Congratulations. I hope you use the role to achieve everything that you want for the en:Wikimedia movement. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:28, 7 September 2021 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021 submission[edit]

Dear Victoria,

On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Online Meeting 2021 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission "Connecting the dots: Our work in the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees" has been accepted as a panel, and it was scheduled for 13:40 (UTC) on Saturday, 6 November (see the draft schedule). Considering that the conference will have language interpretation from English into Russian and vice versa, you have the choice between English and Russian as a language that you will use in your session. If you have not yet registered for the conference, please follow the instructions on this page. In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.

Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 08:36, 21 October 2021 (UTC)Reply

global block[edit]

Dear Victoria, Why am I about to be globally blocked/banned from the whole of wikipedia? That's a bit extreme isn't it? All because I said that Dmitry Borisovich Volkov owns AnastasiaDate? Perhaps it was wrong of me to use the words "international date-scammer, tax evader" initially. Yes, I admit it (even though it just so happens to be true). But what is 'wrong' with saying that Dmitry Borisovich Volkov owns AnastasiaDate? Or that dating.com group appears in the ICIJ offshore leaks database? Eh? That is a neutral unbiased statement. It's a fact. это правда! Do you want wikipedia to be able to be edited factually by anyone without censorship? Or not? Or has the now billionaire paid someone to protect his page (after all, he did write his own Russian biography and entry for SDVenures).112.213.221.244 02:32, 24 October 2021 (UTC)Reply

Башкирский и Грузинский разделы Викитеки[edit]

Добрый день, Victoria!

Я не знаю сможете ли Вы помочь с двумя очень важными, и как это бывает часто, отложенными вопросами.

Дело в том, что в Многоязычной Викитеке два языка имеют больше текстов, нежели уже утвержденные разделы. Я про Башкирский и Грузинский разделы. Но Языковой комитет ссылается на активность. Хоть исключительно прямых правил про необходимую в достаточном количестве активности - нет (достаточно показать состоятельность). Викитека очень специфический раздел. В нем есть статика. И пользователи этих разделов показали состоятельность как могли. Эти разделы давно переросли уже существующие разделы на отдельном домене. Башкирский имеет больше текстов чем 17 разделов. Грузинский больше текстов чем 20 разделов. Интерфейс переведен. Я знаю, что малые проекты сложнее вывести из инкубатора (а Викитека так вообще на Многоязычном разделе расположена, где инструменты написаны на английском, что носителям данных языков вообще не очень удобно).

О Башкирском разделе тут:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Language_committee https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikisource_Bashkir

Общая ситуация грузинского раздела тут: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikisource_Georgian

Я прошу посодействовать о выводе данных языков из Многоязычного раздела (т.к. Языковий комитет подчиняется Совету Попечителей) в основой и отдельный домен. Я могу Вас заверить, что Многоязычный раздел не интересен носителям и является очень сложным для поиска и редактирования. А уже при отдельном домене его точно будут редактировать (так было со многими разделами Викитеки). Такая вот "особенность" проекта.

Я думаю, что так нельзя, когда с одной стороны идет поддержка инклюзии и разнообразия, а с другой просто десятки лет «инкубаторного» состояния потенциально очень живых проектов с миллионами носителей, которые даже в таком виде доказали свою самостоятельность. С уважением, --Arxivist (talk) 22:59, 4 November 2021 (UTC)Reply

  • Здравствуйте. Спасибо за обращение и письмо. Я посмотрю, что можно сделать, но прошу набраться терпения, поскольку это займёт время.--Victoria (talk) 16:53, 7 November 2021 (UTC)Reply
  • @Arxivist: Запрос на грузинский проект ушёл в Комитет по языкам. Грузинский для начала, потому что потенциально текстов в свободном доступе гораздо больше, чем для башкирского. Как вы понимаете, наличие свежей активности там сильно поможет положительному решению вопроса. К сожалению, я никого в грузинских разделах не знаю, но если вы знаете, раз лоббируете, пожалуйста, напишите им.--Victoria (talk) 12:11, 16 November 2021 (UTC)Reply
    Victoria, спасибо за ответ и помощь! Дело в том, что Викитека более статический проект для редактирования (добавили произведение - и уже почти не нужно обновлять в будущем). Также, Многоязыковая Викитека не учитывает правки сообществ в пространстве страниц: Index:. Из-за этого проблематично выводить проект в полноценную активность. Поэтому, в рассмотрении вопросов свободных библиотек нужно видеть самостоятельность и количество текстов, вместе с переводом интерфейса в первую очередь. Многие носители и пользователи Википроектов (особенно Ц.В. Европы - не владеют английским), что утруждает и так работу в сложном и неудобном разделе Многоязычной Викитеки. Да и о существовании раздела внефабрикатора/МВ оставляет ситуацию нерешенную на десятилетия. Активность таких проектов всегда приходит с легализацией проекта в отдельном имени (тут нельзя сравнивать с Википедией). Получается патовая ситуация: когда проекты уже достаточно большие и перспективные, но базовую активность набрать им сложно с учетом лишь подсчета правок основного пространства и сложности редактуры в интерфейсе МВ (люди попросту не видят, а видя - уходят не понимая). Условно, человек может вычитать целый роман в грузинском разделе, но его правки будут учитывать лишь его размещение в основном пространстве (1 правка). А вот вычитку енную сотню страниц - нет. Дополнительная статистика Викитек, что подтверждает мои слова.
  • p.s. Я подумаю к кому можно еще обратится. Просто не знаю как донести википедистам из Комитета ситуацию о Викитеках.

Sunday May 8 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swans are musical creatures.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including 2022 Board of Trustees Call for Candidates, Movement Charter/Content preliminary narrative, Human Rights Policy Community Conversations, Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan Feedback, IP blocking and Open Proxies discussion, Wikimedia Hackathon 2022 May 20-22 + local events, and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday May 8, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and , note that some areas recently experienced daylight savings time changes).--Pharos (talk) 18:57, 4 May 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday June 5 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan impressions.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation this June, WMF Proposal for Movement Strategy Forum, New rounds of WMF Conference Funds including in-person events, WMF Proposal for Sound Logo Contest, WMF Elections Analysis Committee selection, wikimania:Program submissions due June 10 (scholarship and local event grants due June 3) and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday June 5, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:20, 1 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 3 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

Swan celestial.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Movement Charter, Hubs Global Conversation last week, Affiliate voting period to shortlist WMF Board candidates (July 1-15), Wikimania updates, Desktop improvements, Wikimedia Enterprise first customers, Call for program submissions and updates for a global diversity of regional/linguistic Wiki-Conferences, Wikidata:Wiki Mentor Africa and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 3, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and ).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:58, 30 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Sunday November 13 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting[edit]

bestiary (Q830560)compendium (Q1459574)reference work (Q13136).

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimedia Research Fund, 2023 Ombuds commission and Case Review Committee appointments process, feedback on consultation and community session of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, various Wikimania topics: (ideas/suggestions for Wikimania 2023, expressions of interest for Wikimania 2024 and beyond, expressions of interest to join Wikimania Steering Committee), and other ongoing activities.

This month we are meeting on Sunday November 13, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

(UTC meeting times are and
UTC times are different from before, and also note that some areas may have recently experienced daylight savings time changes.).--Pharos via MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:59, 9 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit[edit]

Reminder: the guide to using Baserow, presented during the Wikimedia Summit.

Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).

Baserow was a tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.

You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 15:15, 16 February 2023 (UTC).Reply

Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!)[edit]

SWAN: The Next Generation

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and
Note that we are now meeting on Zoom, with interpretation in the 2nd session in (Arabic) (Spanish) (French)--Pharos (talk) 02:44, 12 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2023 submission[edit]

Dear Victoria,

On behalf of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2023 programme committee, I am pleased to inform you that your submission titled "Russia: editing Wikimedia projects in the time of cholera" has been accepted as a lecture, but it is strongly recommended to provide information on the advancement level of your session (basic, medium or advanced). In case you have any additional requests or questions, do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member.

Best regards.--Kiril Simeonovski (talk) 13:03, 25 August 2023 (UTC)Reply

Email letter[edit]

Hi Victoria I sent you an email! @ Kulttuurinavigaattori (talk) 16:28, 31 October 2023 (UTC)Reply

Word limit on Wikimedia Foundation elections/2024/Candidates/Victoria Doronina[edit]

Please be aware that there is a word limit of 1000 words for all your answers in total. You used so far 1012 words according to my counting tool in Libre Office Writer. For only 12 words I wouldn't be that picky, but other candidates are way above. Please shorten your candidacy by 12 words.

The word limit exists to limit the effort for our translators who will translate your text into several languages so that people who do not understant English can vote for you. Der-Wir-Ing ("DWI") talk 10:40, 29 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Thank you, I adjusted the number of words. Victoria (talk) 11:17, 29 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Optional question for Board Election candidacy[edit]

A mistake in the candidate application was brought to the attention of the Election Committee, accidentally duplicating an optional question and omitting an additional optional question. The Election Committee decided that candidates may still answer the additional question, and will waive the word count limit in the case of answering this additional question. You may fill out your answer on your candidacy page. The deadline to answer the optional question is 23:59 UTC on 2 June. Please let me know if you have any questions. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 15:47, 30 May 2024 (UTC)Reply