- 1 Can we talk about editathon organizer tools?
- 2 Inspire Campaign on Measuring Community Health
- 3 SecurePoll
- 4 Grant endorsement
- 5 BMJ account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
- 6 Thank you for the WLL meetup notes
- 7 Community Health Metrics Kit consultation
- 8 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 9 [Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
- 10 Tools and retention
- 11 Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership
- 12 Heads-up on Batea Project
- 13 Video tutorial regarding Wikipedia referencing with VisualEditor
- 14 Elections for 5 seats on the board of WPMEDF & Annual Meeting
- 15 Please remove the sitenotice that was added.
- 16 Wikimania Stockholm
- 17 Wikimedia Café
- 18 WikiDirect
- 19 Thank you for participating in the September 2019 Wikimedia Café
Can we talk about editathon organizer tools?
Hi Bluerasberry, I’m a product manager at the Wikimiedia Foundation. My team's next assignment is to design and build a tool for people who organize editathons. (Here's the project page, which I’ve just inherited from another PM). Since this project was started by your Wishlist proposal, I assume both that you are an editathon organizer and that you are well informed about the project’s progress to date.
I’m reaching out to event organizers to learn more about their process and needs and to discuss what currently works for them and doesn’t. If that sounds interesting to you, I’d I’d like to set up a time when we might chat via video conference (Google Hangouts).
If you’d like to meet, please send me a contact email where I can reach you and I’ll be in touch. You can reach me here: jmatazzoni[at]wikimedia.org.
- @JMatazzoni (WMF): I am at Wikimania. Are you here? If so let's meet at the conference. Otherwise can we meet in early August? Yes I am very interested and yes I have organized hundreds of editathons. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:28, 16 July 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
Hi Bluerasberry, are you still involved with SecurePoll? In that case, could you please take a look at the question about using this tool on other projects, see Talk:SecurePoll. The last week a terrible voting occurred on NL Wikipedia about a sysop. Thanks and kind regards, Ellywa (talk) 12:53, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
- I replied, please see that talk page. Blue Rasberry (talk) 13:12, 28 August 2018 (UTC)
BMJ account redistribution (The Wikipedia Library)
Hi - according to our records you received a free account for BMJ through The Wikipedia Library. Because we’ve used up all of our allocated accounts, and it’s been some time since they were distributed, we want to redistribute any accounts that aren’t being used to users on our waitlist.
If you’re still using, or plan to use, your BMJ access, no problem! Simply head over to the Library Card platform, log in, and request a renewal of your account. You should be able to do this from your user page, or the BMJ signup page. If you can’t find the renewal button, or have any other issues or questions about this, please feel free to leave a message on my talk page. We’ll begin redistributing inactive accounts in a few weeks; if you request renewal after then we should still be able to reactivate your account if we have spots remaining. Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:16, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the WLL meetup notes
Community Health Metrics Kit consultation
The Community Health Metrics Kit is a new project to measure more aspects of our communities. If you are interested in metrics, statistics, and measurement of editing and contributing, please join us to discuss how and what the new project should measure! Please share this with anyone else you think may be interested in this work.
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
Tools and retention
I answered your question about retention at Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Bots and gadgets/Globalize some of Twinkle's functionality. Thank you for asking. There is a proposal I think excellent for fixing this problem at Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Citations/Dealing with unsourced additions - "citation needed" button. HLHJ (talk) 07:08, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership
Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!
Heads-up on Batea Project
Thank you for the heads-up on Batea! We will definitely take a look into it and hope to connect with you and DocGraph soon.
Video tutorial regarding Wikipedia referencing with VisualEditor
Hi, thank you very much for endorsing my grant funded project to create a video tutorial regarding creating references with VisualEditor. I would like to invite you to sign up for the project newsletter so that you will receive notifications when drafts and finished products are ready for public review. Regards, --Pine✉ 04:59, 26 February 2019 (UTC)
Dear WikiProject Medicine member, the election for 5 seats on the board is underway and voting is now open till March 24th. We encourage you to use your right to vote by supporting the candidates you prefer HERE. Please also note that on Monday, March 25, between 1900-2000 UTC we will be holding our open annual meeting online. A link will be sent via the mailing list / Facebook group so stay tuned. We hope you can join us! Best, James & Shani. 14:16, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
Please remove the sitenotice that was added.
- @Enigmaman: Bluerasberry is not a CentralNotice admin, so they are not able to remove it. User:Pharos is the admin that added it, according to the logs. --Yair rand (talk) 20:08, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you. My mistake. Enigmaman (talk) 20:10, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Enigmaman and Yair rand: Hmmm! I suppose this relates to commons:Commons:Wiki Loves Pride 2019. Perhaps discuss at the talk page at Commons:Commons talk:Wiki Loves Pride 2019 or relay it to Wikimedia LGBT+. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 20:12, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you. My mistake. Enigmaman (talk) 20:10, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
I would like to invite you to join us for the trip from Copenhagen to Stockholm. Please let me know if you are interested or not, as I would change the configuration of the seats accordingly and/or offer the trip to travellers outside Wikipedia. --Bahnmoeller (talk) 12:09, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Jeremyb and Bahnmoeller: Thanks Bahnmoeller, I was thinking of being Copenhagen but I changed my plans. See you in Stockholm. Jeremy? Blue Rasberry (talk) 12:17, 24 July 2019 (UTC)
Hi, I created a page for the Wikimedia Café including an agenda for the first meetup at the end of September. What do you think? Would you like to add anything to the agenda? --Pine (✉) 23:39, 1 September 2019 (UTC)
- Hello! I am here to request your opinion on my latest project Proposal named WikiDirect... can you please leave your idea about it? many thanks Arep Ticous 10:53, 12 September 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for participating in the September 2019 Wikimedia Café
Thank you for attending the Wikimedia Café. Archived meeting notes are at Wikimedia Café/minutes 2019 09, and you are welcome to make corrections or additions if you think that there is a need to do so. ↠Pine (✉) 21:19, 28 September 2019 (UTC)