For 2021 Organizing recommendations, see WikiForHumanRights/2021/Organize
You can organize a number of events around the campaign theme Knowledge for a Sustainable Future by using this this guide to identify sub-themes relevant in your region that are critical for the future. These activities can include:
- An edit-a-thon or editing workshop in your country/community
- Organizing a localized mini editing contest in your country/community
- Hosting a webinar explaining the role of Wikipedia in the Knowledge for a Sustainable Future theme
- Try something else?
Regional Support for Organizers
Are you a country or community organizer rallying your community to participate in the campaign? we have experienced movement organizers working in your region to support you with the right information that is accessible in your language? Do you need help identifying the right kind of community activities to organize, a deep understanding of the campaign theme to align to your local context, the right tools to build your article list or submitting a rapid grant application? The regional coordinators are happy to lend you support in all the following ways and more.
Meet and connect with your regional coordinator to access this support where you need them:
- Ruby D-Brown (talk) - Africa
- Valentin Nasibu (talk) - Francophone Africa
- Evelin Heidel & Luisina Ferrante - LATAM
- Kiril Simeonovski - CEE Region
- Sandra Hanbo - Arabic-speaking Communities
- Anita Braga & CalliandraDysantha -Portuguese-speaking Communities
- Muhammed amine benloulou - Maghreb Region - Maghreb Environment
Please feel free to reach out to the regional coordinator in your region if you need their support.
Regional Coordination Learning Space
Are you mobilizing your region for the campaign and wondering how other regions are coordinating to participate? The LATAM region in collaboration with the campaigns team and Let's Connect Program hosts a learning session to share their experience organizing in the previous edition and how that learning is empowering them to organize in a powerful way in the 2024 edition.
Join in with your region to share in the inspiration and learn how you can coordinate your region to organize differently in this edition.
- Date and Time - TBC
Empowering Campaign Organizers
Are you an organizer supporting the work of the campaign in your country or region? We want to empower you with the needed skills through our capacity building sessions in collaboration with Let's Connect Program.
Join the capacity building sessions on:
- Identifying topics for campaign activities: Organizers would learn how to identify sub-themes relating to the broader theme of Knowledge for a Sustainable Future that is relevant for their context - TBD
- Using Event Registration Tool to organize local campaign activities - TBD
- Using content translation tool - TBD
The community is also organizing community storytelling through the WikiForHumanRights podcast. Are you a regional coordinator mobilizing your region to organize or an organizer supporting the work of the campaign in your country or region? Bring the story of your community or region along to the podcast to share how you are inspired to organize with the international wikimedia community and the world at large.
Resource for Organizers
Creating your Dashboard
- If you are organizing a local editing workshop or contest do create your dashboard under the WikiForhumanRight Program Dashboard
Other tracking tools
- Depending on your activities there are other useful tracking tools which include:
- Use the latest version of the event registration tool for your event! Organizers can now create an on-wiki registration for their events. Once registration is enabled, participants can register for the event by simply clicking the “Register” button. Then, the organizers will be able to collect the list of registered event participants. Visit the project page and user guide to learn more about this tool.
Here are the suggested topic lists and red links to get started.
Do you need help designing a new topic list? Here are some tools to help you think through this approach:
WikiforHumanRight Organizers' Guide
Guide to Hosting an Editing Workshop
Guide for hosting an edit-a-thon
WikiForHumanRight 2022 Global Participant Guide
Resources for new editors
- Video on how to create your Wikipedia account
- Rules for editing Wikipedia
- Video on how to add a citation
- Video on how to add content to an existing Wikipedia article
- Video on how to create a new page on Wikipedia
- Video on how to translate an existing article on Wikipedia