User talk:Bluerasberry/Archive 2
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
IEG for Open Access Reader
Hullo! I know this is close to the wire but the Open Access Reader grant application is being submitted tonight - just flagging up in case Ed hadn't and you had time to look at it again this evening? Thank you! Leela0808 (talk) 19:10, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Leela0808 I left a short comment on the talk page encouraging the coordinators to proceed. If I criticized it was only to provide an alternative perspective, and not because I had any hesitation to supporting it as it was proposed. If you ever want to chat about then I remain standing by to give feedback on request. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:22, 31 March 2014 (UTC)
- Hey yes - that's great! I think its a really userful overall point and I would hope if the grant is supported it could scope out some of the side issues, perhaps even having to review and report on the problems they present needing to become their own project. Thankyou! The community feedback process will start soon so if you could check in around that and exploring/asking questions with interested commentators that would be great. Ditto if you know users who would want to have input, feel free to share :D Leela0808 (talk) 15:22, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Annual Plan Grant page moves
Thank you for your efforts to make things more clear. Unfortunately, as explained by Tilman on Grants talk:APG/FDC portal/Redesign, this broke a lot of links at a time when they are needed most. Would you consider reverting yourself until a solution is discussed again? The previous move required a great deal of clean up that we aren't prepared for at this time, and some redesign and archiving is in our plans for when FDC is not in review.
- When lots of links are broken revert them when you see them. Sorry - I posted at Grants talk:APG/FDC portal/Redesign that I changed what I could but do not have admin rights for something else. I pinged you and the other both. Sorry. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:44, 24 April 2014 (UTC)
not just en...
Barnstar and a request for feedback
|Thank you for commenting on Individual Engagement Grant proposals during this recent round! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts.
To help us improve the IEG program for future participants, would you mind taking this quick 3-question survey?
Thanks again for your help,
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitions
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.
Art+Feminism IEG Budget
IEG/Samskrit Shastra Project
Hello! I appreciate your approach suggesting dividing into different projects samskrit TEXTS and RESEARCH PAPERS; however, the objective of this project is NOT TEXTS but only RESEARCH papers. Please also refer User:Calliopejen1, who has expressed understanding of this aspect. Hope the issue is clear now. Thanks.-Shubha (talk) 12:15, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, I replied at Grants_talk:IEG/Samskrit_Shastra_Project. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:14, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
See for background. :) --Nemo 21:27, 24 November 2014 (UTC)
Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
Community discussion on harassment reporting
There are many current proposals as part of the 2015 Inspire Campaign related to harassment management on Wikipedia. I’ve created a page, Grants:IdeaLab/Community discussion on harassment reporting meant to serve as a central space where the various stakeholders in these proposals and other community members can discuss which methods might serve our community best so that we can unify our ideas into collective action. I encourage you to join the conversation and contribute your ideas! OR drohowa (talk) 01:03, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Pride
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
Global user page migration
Hello Bluerasberry. I deleted your local user pages on all wikis as you requested via Synchbot, and your global user page is now active. You can see the deletion log on your archive page. :) —Pathoschild 02:38, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Hi, Bluerasberry. You're right, and I really apologize for not talking to you about WikiProject:Breakfast. Flow is still being maintained and supported, so it's not being abandoned. But we absolutely can switch the WP:Breakfast talk page back to wikitext, if you want to. The Flow conversations will be moved to an archive page, and we can move the previous wikitext archive back to the main WikiProject talk:Breakfast.
We have been talking to the communities that have been using Flow. But it's been so long since I've talked with you and the people at WP:Breakfast and WP:Hampshire that it slipped my mind to check in with you. That was foolish and disrespectful of me. I'm really sorry. Let me know what you'd like to do with the Breakfast page, and we'll get it straightened out. DannyH (WMF) (talk) 17:00, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
- DannyH (WMF) I like the experiment and I want to continue to create situations where WMF researchers can recruit Wikimedia community members for user data.
- Please just post notices when you have them. If you want to continue to collect data, then please do. The situation that I wish to avoid is having community members forgotten, or continuing to provide data that is not being collected or used. I hope that insights from Flow carry over into future research. Thanks - I would voice support for future research if requested. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:19, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
As you may know, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees approved a new "Access to nonpublic information policy" on 25 April 2014 after a community consultation. The former policy has remained in place until the new policy could be implemented. That implementation work is now being done, and we are beginning the transition to the new policy.
An important part of that transition is helping volunteers like you sign the required confidentiality agreement. All Wikimedia volunteers with access to nonpublic information are required to sign this new agreement, and we have prepared some documentation to help you do so.
The Wikimedia Foundation is requiring that OTRS volunteers sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain their access. You are receiving this email because you have been identified as an OTRS volunteer and are required to sign the confidentiality agreement under the new policy. If you do not sign the new confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015, you will lose your OTRS access. OTRS volunteers have a specific agreement available, if you have recently signed the general confidentiality agreement for another role (such as CheckUser or Oversight), you do not need to sign the general agreement again, but you will still need to sign the OTRS agreement.
Signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information is conducted and tracked using Legalpad on Phabricator. We have prepared a guide on Meta-Wiki to help you create your Phabricator account and sign the new agreement: Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information/How to sign
If you have any questions or experience any problems while signing the new agreement, please visit this talk page or email me (gvarnumwikimedia.org). Again, please sign this confidentiality agreement by 31 December 2015 to retain your OTRS access. If you do not wish to retain this access, please let me know and we will forward your request to the appropriate individuals.
Gregory Varnum (User:GVarnum-WMF), Wikimedia Foundation
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Thanks for your continued support to improve Indian Wikiprojects. I want to inform you about CIS-A2K/Train-a-Wikipedian, which I think, is an ambitious project. This month we have just started the trainings. Kindly share your suggestions and ideas to improve the project. You may write here on your talk page and/or Talk:CIS-A2K/Train-a-Wikipedian -- 10:14, 22 December 2015 (UTC)