This page is for discussions related to the Wikimedia LGBT+ page.
Please remember to:
Universal Code of Conduct revised enforcement guidelines vote results
The recent community-wide vote on the Universal Code of Conduct revised Enforcement Guidelines has been tallied and scrutinized. Thank you to everyone who participated.
After 3097 voters from 146 Wikimedia communities voted, the results are 76% in support of the Enforcement Guidelines, and 24% in opposition. Statistics for the vote are available. A more detailed summary of comments submitted during the vote will be published soon.
From here, the results and comments collected during this vote will be submitted to the Board of Trustees for their review. The current expectation is that the Board of Trustees review process will complete in March 2023. We will update you when their review process is completed.
On behalf of the UCoC Project Team,
--AAkhmedova (WMF) (talk) 19:45, 15 February 2023 (UTC)
February 2023 notes
Notes are here -
In my view this is a continuation of topics discussed for years. There is progress but it is all slow. The new development in recent months is offer of funding from the Wikimedia Foundation to build out administration, but there are challenges for this in any case.
If anyone wants to participate in live discussions then I recommend first getting engaged in the telegram at https://telegram.me/wmlgbt and from there join public meetings and ask about governance meetings.
Bluerasberry (talk) 19:49, 7 March 2023 (UTC)
- @Peltarion: You have requested notes recently. Bluerasberry (talk) 17:09, 8 March 2023 (UTC)
- The notes I requested were from the QW2022 meeting, which you undertook to make available by the end of 2022. I’m disappointed that you have failed to supply them, whilst moving on to other things. This, after the discontinuation of the monthly meetings gives me little confidence in WMLGBT+ in its current form. Peltarion (talk) 04:45, 13 April 2023 (UTC)
- @Peltarion: I share your disappointment.
- The latest governance meeting notes are at Wikimedia LGBT+/Governance/2023-04-20, and they again document the groups interest and intent to publish these notes.
- If I were in your position, I would find it odd that the group has put so much effort into discussing intent to publish documentation, when one might expect that just publishing it would be less effort. I again encourage you to identify some stakeholder to join Wiki LGBT+ discussions. Bluerasberry (talk) 20:52, 21 April 2023 (UTC)
Invitation to join the Wikimedia Affiliate strategy discussions
Hope this message finds you well. I am sharing an update about the Wikimedia Foundation Affiliate strategy initiative. In November, Nataliia Tymkiv, Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees announced the beginning of Wikimedia Foundation Affiliate strategy.
We are working on the next steps of the Affiliate strategy. We invite you to a session with the Board of Trustees, AffCom, and supporting staff to provide input into this process. These sessions will be conducted in groups and the language will be English. If you are able to attend one of these meetings, please sign up here. If you prefer a 1:1 session for a detailed discussion, please reach out to me. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please respond via the survey or in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Talk page.
This message was also sent by email to affiliate primary contacts.
Best, MKaur (WMF) 22:30, 22 May 2023 (UTC)
Property proposal for Queerlit ID / QLIT
Hello! We have made a property proposal for an identifier that concerns at database for categorizing Swedish LGBTQI litterature. It is a project that started at University of Gothenburg and are connected to LIBRIS. It would be great to have some points of views at the proposal for Queerlit/QLIT or other suggestions for this work! Tore Danielsson (WMSE) (talk) 13:43, 31 May 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for this property proposal. It will be great to see databases, especially those focusing on queer vocabulary from multiple languages, linked to Wikidata. John Samuel 19:00, 31 May 2023 (UTC)