Talk:Wikimedia LGBT+/Archive 7
- 1 Wikimedia movement strategic planning: Cycle 1
- 2 Experimental LGBT+ Wikidata reports
- 3 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 4 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 5 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 6 @wikilgbt
- 7 Wikimedia movement strategy: Cycle 3 during July
- 8 Wikimedia Diversity Conference
- 9 Wikimania 2017 Meetup
- 10 Facebook group
Wikimedia movement strategic planning: Cycle 1
There is ongoing strategic planning for the future of the Wikimedia movement. Please see the following links for more information:
Cycle 1 lasts until April 15, which is just 3 days from now. Click here for details:
If you have any ideas, or want to see what others are saying and contribute to any ongoing discussions, check out Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Cycle 1. Thanks! -Another Believer (talk) 02:02, 13 April 2017 (UTC)
Experimental LGBT+ Wikidata reports
I have tried playing around with interesting SPARQL queries to see how Wikidata reports might help with future LGBT+ editathons or projects. I would appreciate any feedback on the tables below. Some with poor results show how the Wikidata records, or our project labeling using Wikidata, might become part of live reports to drive editathons, for example to generate maps of LGBT+ history, like historic sites of gay history around Europe, or LGBT+ culture, such as a live map of gay bars in Germany with Wikipedia articles. Click on the bottom left of the report to see the SPARQL code.
- Map LGBT Pride Parades listed by country and where wiki sites have entries.
- LGBT+ people who died of unnatural causes sorted in order of how many wiki sites have entries for them. Some have articles about their death, but are not about them.
- Authors found by searching for books which have topics like queer studies or a genre of LGBT
- Map of LGBT historic places
- Missing LGBT+ rights activists in English, Spanish and German
Also raised at en:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject LGBT studies but these are not specifically for English based events.
19:02, 3 May 2017 (UTC)
19:24, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
21:03, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi, the Twitter stream has been inactive for a long time. Could we resurrect this considering upcoming Pride events (I can't remember who was managing the account)? --Fæ (talk) 13:19, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Fæ: I am the only with with account access. I cannot commit to use the account. Do you want it? Blue Rasberry (talk) 14:29, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
- If you email me the details, I'll flag it up as a 'comms' opportunity on our Telegram and email list. I see no harm in a few volunteers having access, depending on their current projects and activity levels, so long as we keep a log.
- Should anyone have ideas for tweets/retweets for the account, or ways of raising its profile, they can tweet or DM me @Faewik. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 14:36, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia movement strategy: Cycle 3 during July
See Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2017/Cycle 3 if you are interested in contributing to the ongoing cycle of the Wikimedia movement strategy (July). Thanks! -Another Believer (talk) 02:22, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia Diversity Conference
Funding for the Wikimedia Diversity Conference has been approved and will take place in Stockholm during 3-5 November 2017. I have offered to serve on the conference's program committee. John Andersson of Wikimedia Sverige, who will be hosting the event, wrote in an email:
- "We now need your help in making it a success! We invite members from your Wikimedia organization or user group to sign up as ambassadors for the conference. Ambassadors are champions of Diversity on Wikimedia and volunteer to use that power to support the conference in several ways.
-  Support before the conference. Ambassadors help communicate to local communities that the conference will happen and provide updates of the planning process, such as when to register and how to apply for scholarship and why submit a proposal. The other way is to provide constructive input and ideas for the program and for the overall event. Ambassadors can also organize discussions at other conferences taking place prior to the Diversity conference.
-  Support during the conference. Ambassadors can also volunteer their champion powers during the conference to support documentation and curation of discussions and insights, facilitate the implementation of the program with the facilitation team, support participants with helpful advice and on-site information.
-  Support after the conference. Ambassadors help disseminate the knowledge gained during the conference to their communities and to participate in networks to continue working with Diversity.
- Active participation as an ambassador will support a scholarship application. We would be grateful if you could forward this possibility to your communities. Furthermore, we are actively looking for more funding from sponsors, but we do have limited opportunities to provide scholarships and only parts of the travel costs for participants can currently be covered. If your Wikimedia organization has the opportunity to provide a full or partial scholarship for your volunteers or staff, please let us know. We would be happy to highlight your involvement and support on the conference portal."
Wikimania 2017 Meetup
Hello! A few of us have been discussing throwing together a last minute Wikimedia LGBT+ meetup, dinner, or even gay bar crawl one of the evenings of Wikimania 2017. What would people want to discuss or do at this meetup? I visited the agenda we had for our Wikimania 2015 meetup, which might be a useful resource to consider what the agenda could be. I just created a separate page so we can try to coordinate a date, time, and location! Here is the link: Wikimania 2017 LGBT+ Meetup! Hexatekin (talk) 16:13, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
At the Wikimania LGBT Meetup in Montreal yesterday, we decided to found a Facebook group to make communication within the group easier. Feel free to join! --Shikeishu (talk) 20:07, 12 August 2017 (UTC)