The Community Insights Survey
The 2023 Community Insights survey report is now published! Data for this report was collected from June through September of 2022.
About the survey
The Community Insights Survey is conducted annually to help the Wikimedia Foundation learn how to better support you, both on- and off-wiki. The 2022 survey questions will be used to help track progress toward the 2030 Strategic Direction. Information gathered in this survey helps the Foundation evaluate and strengthen its programs and strategies.
Some of the questions you see could be about:
- The online and offline activities you participate in.
- Your experience with collaboration, communication, and respectful interaction in the movement.
- Your awareness of as well as opinions about various Wikimedia programs.
- General demographic information such as where you live or the languages you speak.
What changed in 2022?
- We significantly reduced the length of the survey. It should now take most respondents only 10 to 30 minutes to complete.
- We added a section of pilot demographic questions to better understand the diversity of our movement. Like all other demographic questions, these pilot questions were optional to answer. View the entire survey questionnaire and find out more about these demographic questions here!
- We changed how we distribute the survey, and for most users we asked for their consent to be sent a link to the survey by using the on-wiki email feature. If you were sampled to participate in the survey, you might have received an email and a private on-wiki ping.
Each year, we work towards making the data from Community Insights more representative of Wikimedia communities worldwide. In 2022, the survey was written in English and translated into 28 other languages. It is now available in:
- Simplified Chinese
- Brazilian Portuguese