The Community Insights Survey
The Community Insights Survey is conducted annually to help the Wikimedia Foundation learn how to better support you, both on- and off-wiki. For the 2020 survey, we are asking questions to help track our progress toward the Wikimedia Foundation's Medium Term Plan.
We're interested in how we can better support our communities, especially concerning the Wikimedia community's experience with safety and inclusion in online and offline spaces, experience with Wikimedia's technical infrastructure, and resources and support available for project organizers and affiliates. The information gathered in this survey helps the Foundation evaluate and strengthen its programs and strategies.
Some of the questions you might see could be about:
- The online and offline activities you participate (or would like to participate) in.
- Your satisfaction with the technical tools you use.
- Your experience with collaboration, communication, and respectful interaction in the movement.
- Your preferences for communicating about movement activities.
- Your awareness of as well as opinions about various Wikimedia programs.
- General demographic information such as where you live or the languages you speak.
|Month and Year||Survey Milestones||Status|
|February - July 2020||Survey results reported back to community and Foundation staff||Complete|
|July - August 2020||Survey revised and shortened, Survey translated||Complete|
|September - October 2020||Survey is Live||Complete|
|November 2020 - January 2021||Survey Data is Analyzed||Complete|
|January - May 2021||Survey results reported back to community and Foundation staff. Full report will be available on meta in May 2021.||In Progress|