Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017/Ambassadors
|Main||Program||Scholarships||Ambassadors||Volunteers||Participants||Venue and visa||Travel guide||Discussion||Documentation|
Become an ambassador!
The ambassador role is suitable for Wikimedians who believe that diversity is a source of inspiration and motivation to advance the mission of free knowledge. Ambassadors enable diverse participation, which is a vital piece in putting this together.
Who should become an ambassador?
Anyone who accepts and understands that privilege exists both in Wikimedia and in the outside world and proactively takes measures to counter systemic bias & encourage diversity of participation are welcome to join the conference team as ambassadors.
- Active participation as an ambassador will support a scholarship application.
Ambassadors are champions of Diversity on Wikimedia projects and volunteer to use that power to support the conference in several ways.
Support before the conference.
Ambassadors help communicate to local communities about the conference and provide updates of the planning process, such as when to register and how to apply for scholarship and why submit a proposal. The other way is to provide constructive input and ideas for the program and for the overall event. Ambassadors can also organize discussions at other conferences that takes place prior to the Diversity conference.
Support during the conference.
Ambassadors can also volunteer their champion powers during the conference to support documentation and curation of discussions and insights, facilitate the implementation of the program with the facilitation team, support participants with helpful advice and on-site information.
Support after the conference.
Ambassadors help disseminate the knowledge gained during the conference to their communities and actively participate in networks for continued engagement in the intersection of Wikimedia and Diversity.
Ambassadors (add yourself)
- Maor Malul (WMIL, WMVE)
- Reem Al-Kashif
- Venus Lui
- Astrid Carlsen (WMNO)
- DDJJ (talk) 14:17, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
- Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 13:19, 18 August 2017 (UTC)
- Camelia (talk) - WikiDonne, WMI, WMSE
- Afifa Afrin
- Eyitayo Alimi
- Alangi Derick
- Satdeep Gill
- Yohannvt (talk)
- Txolo (talk)
- Youssef Ben Haj Yahia (talk)
- Pavanaja U B
- Rehman (UG-LK) 05:06, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
- Sailesh Patnaik 16:08, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
- Raphael Berchie
- Afek Ben Chahed
- —M@sssly✉ 20:32, 7 July 2017 (UTC)
- Oscar Costero
- Stella Agbley
- Ananth Subray
- Manasa Rao
- Ibrahim Husain Meraj
- Subodh Kulkarni
- Abhinav Garule
- Pavan santhosh.s (talk)
- Jamie Tubers
- Rebecca O'Neill
- Tito Dutta
- Jackiekoerner (talk) 22:32, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
- Walaa Abdel Manaem
- --Dhanalakshmi .K. T (talk) 05:29, 16 July 2017 (UTC)
- Zeetendra ») 05:52, 16 July 2017 (UTC)
- Ecritures (talk)
- Dr. Manavpreet Kaur (talk)
- --GOPALAKRISHNA (TALK) 04:47, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
- -Nabin K. Sapkota (talk) 08:17, 22 July 2017 (UTC)
- Egbe Eugene
- Suyash Dwivedi (talk)
- Randy Baah
- --Aliva Sahoo (talk) 10:01, 23 July 2017 (UTC)
- --BHARATHESHA ALASANDEMAJALU (talk) 18:29, 23 July 2017 (UTC)
- --Uzoma Ozurumba (talk) 10:23, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- --Jsamwrites (talk)
- Joy Agyepong
- Biplab Anand
- Bijay chaurasia
- ~ Moheen (keep talking) 04:54, 4 August 2017 (UTC)
- K2suvi (WMEE)
- --Jaluj (talk) 01:11, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
- IndrajitDas 09:29, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
- Mkdw (talk) 20:08, 17 August 2017 (UTC)
- KuboF Hromoslav
- Mouryan (talk) 16:00, 20 August 2017 (UTC)
- Gini10 (talk) 12:56, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Rahmanuddin (talk)
- Pranayraj1985 (talk)
- Sidheeq (talk) 04:25, 30 August 2017 (UTC)
- FULBERT (talk) 18:14, 30 August 2017 (UTC) This work has such great potential.
- Janak Bhatta
- LucyCrompton-Reid (WMUK) (talk) 14:43, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
- Liang(WMTW) (talk) 16:09, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
Become a Volunteer!
If you want to help during the conference you can do that as a volunteer.