|Users by language|
I am a Wikimedian since 2011, mostly active on the Odia-language Wikimedia projects like the Odia Wikipedia, Wikisource and Wiktionary, Commons, and here on Meta. I have worked for the Wikimedia Foundation in the past in two terms -- first during 2012 for the India Program, and briefly during 2016, and over four years at the Foundation's affiliate in India the Centre for Internet and Society.
I was quite actively involved in India's first GLAM project at the National Handicrafts and Handlooms Museum, New Delhi, and later became part of the OpenGLAM working group. I have been working on building a methodology called the Guerrilla GLAM.
The info below is for my earlier work at the Centre for Internet and Society. I resigned from this position towards the end of 2016.
I work as a Programme Officer for Community and Program Support, Access To Knowledge for Centre for Internet and Society. I have a background in Business development in Corporate Communications. My personal username is found here.
Details of my work at CIS-A2K
The Access To Knowledge Program (CIS-A2K) has prioritized five Indian language Wikimedia communities and developed a detailed language wise work plan. These languages are: Bengali, Kannada, Konkani, Odia and Telugu.
Besides the specific Odia language work plan, I also provide the following support to all Wikipedia India language communities:
- Cross community communications and storytelling of Wikimedia and other free knowledge - open source communities in India, Outreach strategy and Engagement through Social Media
- Liaison with WMF Engineering Team for technical support in Indic Wikimedia project.
- Grant management support to the Program Director, Access to Knowledge, active lead on A2K internal communication and organization of team activities and events
- Any other task assigned by the Program Director CIS-A2K
- Overall Program and team support (More details can be found here).
If you have any further questions about my work, please write to me at subhashishcis-india.org.