Welcome to Meta!
Hello, Sidheeq. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum if you need help with something (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!
-- Tito Dutta (talk) 08:11, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
Reporting and other updates for WikiConference India 2016 scholarship recipients
Glad to get in touch with you after the conference!
- Please give your feedback for the conference through this survey before 25th August 2016.
- As part of the scholarship agreement, please document your learnings and experience using the form here before 31st August 2016.
- If you haven't claimed reimbursement yet, please fill this claim form and post it to the following address before 18th August, 2016. Please attach original bills and boarding passes. Please note that we won't be extending the date any further.
- The Centre for Internet and Society,
- Attention: Mr. Ajoy Kumar,
- No. 194, 2nd ‘C’ Cross, Domlur, 2nd Stage, Bengaluru, 560071.
- Please upload your conference presentations at Commons under WikiConference India 2016 presentations category.
- Please upload pictures, videos you shot during the conference at Commons under an appropriate subcategory of WikiConference India 2016 category.
Message posted by Ravi
Women for Wikipedia Asian Month
Hi Sidheeq. I see you are involved in the organization of WAM on both the Malayalam and Urdu Wikipedias. I thought I should draw your attention to the focus on Asian women we are presenting on the EN Wiki. You might feel inspired to extend this to those participating in the languages you cover. We would also welcome your own participation.--Ipigott (talk) 13:25, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
Maithili Wikimedians volunteer members has taken a challenge in itself i.e. Mission 10. The focus and aim of the challenge is to complete 10,000 articles on Maithili Wikipedia before the end of this year 2016. As of November 30, 5,555 articles were made on Maithili Wikipedia. From the 1st of December until the 31st of December the challenge will run on Maithili Wikipedia. The challenge is divided on 2 basic parts Online and Offline events. The online event is focused on creating articles and offline parts is about meeting with Maithili speakers from different parts of Nepal. For more info, Please see project page here on meta-wiki as well local page on maiwiki. Kind Regards, TBhagat (talk) --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:00, 2 December 2016 (UTC)
Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017]
|Whose Knowledge News|
|April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2|
|Activities and Events: |
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
| Wikimedia Movement: |
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
|About Whose Knowledge?|
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.
We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to Met Open Access Artworks Challenge (15 May - 30 June)
We'd like to invite UNESCO participants to join a new challenge on the same model, the Met Open Access Artworks Challenge. You can contribute by illustrating with images using some of the 375k photos now under CC0, starting or improving articles (try our new Mbabel tool!), or creating translations (if your language isn't listed, please ask!). You can sign up here: Met Open Access Artworks Challenge/Participants. --Pharos (talk) 17:59, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017]
|Whose Knowledge News|
|July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3|
|Activities and Events: |
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Emancipatory Design Research
| Wikimedia Movement: |
Letter from Buenos Aires
|About Whose Knowledge?|
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.
We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for help
At all times, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org--Fantasticfears (talk) 23:01, 1 November 2017 (UTC)
Wikimedia diversity - What happened at the conference and how to follow up
We are messaging you now because you signed up as an ambassador for Wikimedia Diversity Conference 2017. We are sharing this message far and wide, so apologies in advance if you are receiving this message twice.
During the conference, we dedicated a full afternoon to discussing the strategic direction and what it means for the work on diversity in the Wikimedia movement. Compiling the outcomes of those conversations, we summarized the key problems and solutions identified, and we created a summary statement. But the conversation is far from over! We still need to hear from diversity ambassadors: (1) what does working for diversity mean at your local context?; (2) what are the needs that should be addressed; (3) what resources are relevant for these identified needs?
We know that diversity gains meaning in context, and this is why we need to hear every voice. Please take a few minutes to go over to the diversity conversation page and add your comments.
If you’d like to stay in touch, and share your experience working for diversity with others, add your profile on our group here.
Thank you and see you on the wiki,
MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:40, 5 December 2017 (UTC)
Hi Sidheeq! Thanks for organising CEE Spring on Malayalam Wikipedia, that's really awesome! :-) It would be great if you could link the local page on CEE Spring here on Meta. If you would like to use statistics for the articles created on Malayalam Wikipedia, you could also create the template we use to identifiy articles created during CEE Spring :-) Best, Braveheart (talk) 13:08, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
If you're interested, consider joining the Inspire Campaign. I JethroBT (WMF) 17:14, 13 July 2018 (UTC)
We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.
See you all there!
With love & solidarity,
Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
Hockey World Cup 2018 Edit-a-thon
Hello Sidheeq Ji, How have you been? Very long time we haven't met or spoken. I saw your sign up for Hockey World Cup 2018 Edit-a-thon and your plans to conduct one onesite edit-a-thon in New Delhi. I am happy to tell you Hindi Wikimedians are also conducting one onsite event in New Delhi. It would be great if we both (Malayalam & Hindi) collaborate and jointly host it. We can also invite other community members whosoever resides in New Delhi. I saw you mentioning 4th November as the date. Can we find a convenient date on some weekned. More members will be able to join us. -Abhinav619 (talk) 10:23, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
Ok Abhinav619, Good Plan, we are ready! --Sidheeq (talk) 11:45, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Sidheeq: Ji Thank You for writing back. I have proceeded ahead and also pinged you for the same. --Abhinav619 (talk) 12:23, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
[Wikipedia & Education User Group] Updates: November 2018
Integrating Wikimedia with education is a powerful strategy for the outreach of Wikimedia projects. Realising this concept, a group of leaders promoted this and formed the Wikipedia Education Collaborative. After some time, this evolved to become a user group, officially recognised by the Affiliations Committee in June 2018. The user group had its first board elections earlier in September. In the process to formalise activities and give a shape the user group for long-term sustainability, we are now revamping our processes. Thanks for supporting us during incubation stages, we are now inviting you to formally join the user group by following the instructions on the members' page. Being a member will allow you to be a part of this wonderful collaboration and also do interesting stuff.
On behalf of Wikipedia and Education UG, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 11:44, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
Extended to Dec: Wikipedia Asian Art Month with Metropolitan Museum of Art
I'd like to invite you to join Wikipedia Asian Art Month in the December extension of the sub-contest; if you write or translate just one article and include one of our images, you'll get a special Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard. And if you're one of the grand prize winners, you'll get a Met guidebook or Asian art publication.--Pharos (talk) 21:32, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
I noticed that you have signed up as a Wikimedia Diversity Ambassador, after the Diversity Conference held in Stockholm 2017. In August this year, Wikimania will take place in Stockholm, and our goal is to use Ambassadors to reach out to local communities, to spread the news about the conference and the outcomes afterwards. The conference theme (still to be announced) will connect closely to diversity. If you would like to be involved as a Wikimania ambassador, please sign up at the Ambassador page at the Wikimania wiki!
A first thing to do, if you would like to help out, would be to translate the scholarship page at the Wikimania wiki into the language(s) you speak!
Best, Eric Luth (WMSE) (talk) 09:32, 13 February 2019 (UTC)
A request for help
Hi there, Sidheeq. I am Erica and work in the Community Engagement department at the Wikimedia Foundation. I hope all is fine with you. I am contacting you because of your experience in translating content to/from Malayalam. I have a message from the Language team that I would like to deliver soon to your community there, and hence I would appreciate if you could translate it before. (If you can't help, please, let me know who I can ask instead, as we'd like to start conversations with all of you soon!) Thanks a lot for what you will do, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 15:31, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
Thank you, I'm very happy to see that. That's the postcard you sent for me :) --Ahmet Turhan (talk) 09:45, 2 September 2019 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Caucasus 2019
Hello, Sidheeq! Thank you for participating in the contest. Since we can only evaluate articles in Malayalam using Google-translate, we will pay attention to the presence of at least 2 sources per article. Please check your articles on this subject. — Soul Train (talk) 02:50, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
The 2021 Community Wishlist Survey is now open! This survey is the process where communities decide what the Community Tech team should work on over the next year. We encourage everyone to submit proposals until the deadline on 30 November, or comment on other proposals to help make them better. The communities will vote on the proposals between 8 December and 21 December.
The Community Tech team is focused on tools for experienced Wikimedia editors. You can write proposals in any language, and we will translate them for you. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing your proposals!
18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
We invite all registered users to vote on the 2021 Community Wishlist Survey. You can vote from now until 21 December for as many different wishes as you want.
In the Survey, wishes for new and improved tools for experienced editors are collected. After the voting, we will do our best to grant your wishes. We will start with the most popular ones.
We, the Community Tech, are one of the Wikimedia Foundation teams. We create and improve editing and wiki moderation tools. What we work on is decided based on results of the Community Wishlist Survey. Once a year, you can submit wishes. After two weeks, you can vote on the ones that you're most interested in. Next, we choose wishes from the survey to work on. Some of the wishes may be granted by volunteer developers or other teams.
We are waiting for your votes. Thank you!
16:08, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Program Schedule: You are invited 🙏
Hope this message finds you well. Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 will take place from 19 to 21 February 2021 (Friday to Sunday). Here is some quick important information:
- A tentative schedule of the program is published and you may see it here. There are sessions on different topics such as Wikimedia Strategy, Growth, Technical, etc. You might be interested to have a look at the schedule.
- The program will take place on Zoom and the sessions will be recorded.
- If you have not registered as a participant yet, please register yourself to get an invitation, The last date to register is 16 February 2021.
- Kindly share this information with your friends who might like to attend the sessions.
Schedule : Wikimeet program schedule. Please register here.
On behalf of Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2021 Team
Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation
Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.
There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:
- Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
- Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC
To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!
Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.
--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)