CIS-A2K/Events/Hockey World Cup 2018 Edit-a-thon
- Please look for this list of articles to be improved or translated into. (We are creating a list of articles, will share here by next week)
- The event must be planned in between the second week of October to the first week of November.
- Events with more than 8 participants will be given most priority.
If you're willing to help us in the promotion, page formatting, co-organising or curating the list of articles. Sign-up here
- This is an awesome initiative. We get this kind of opportunity—hosting an international championship rarely, and I'm glad that a Wikimedia activity has been planned around this. I'm happy to help in any way possible. Best, KCVelaga (talk) 17:21, 21 September 2018 (UTC)
- This is really a commendable initiative to organise a Wikimedia activity around Hockey World Cup 2018, do let me know how can I contribute. Best, Rajeeb (talk) 19:01, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
List of Articles
- 2018 Men's Hockey World Cup
- 2018 Women's Hockey World Cup
- Kalinga Stadium
- India women's national field hockey team
- Rani Rampal
- India men's national field hockey team
- Manpreet Singh
- Dhyan Chand
- Hockey India
- Category:Indian female field hockey players
- List of Indian field hockey captains in Olympics
- Category:Field Hockey Players From Odisha
- Category:International field hockey competitions hosted by India
If you and your community is interested in organising an onsite event, Please add here.
- --Wikilover90 (talk) 02:29, 22 September 2018 (UTC) (21 October, expected no of participants 8-10, budget required 4000INR Approx, location- either Patiala)
- --Sidheeq (talk) 06:54, 24 September 2018 (UTC) ( I Planned 2 Edit-a-thon, one is at Vengara, Malappuram, Kerala on October 10 and second one is at New Delhi on November 4th )
- --J. Ansari Talk 07:08, 24 September 2018 (UTC)
- --Ranjithsiji (talk) 07:45, 25 September 2018 (UTC) - At Kerala we will plan multiple edit a thon on the period.
- Hindi Wikimedians would be conducting one onsite event in New Delhi. May refer to this link for more information and community consensus on the same. -Abhinav619 (talk) 10:12, 27 September 2018 (UTC)
- Kannan Talk 06:39, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Mujeebcpy (talk) 07:07, 7 October 2018 (UTC) At Kerala we will plan multiple edit a thon on the period.
- Rajeeb (talk) 18:44, 13 November 2018 (UTC)
CIS-A2K, along with the Odia Wikimedians User Group collaborated with the Odisha Government Sports and Youth department and organised multi-lingual edit-a-thons in different cities in India for 2018 Men's Hockey World Cup.
2018 Men's Hockey World Cup was the 14th edition of the Hockey World Cup that took place in November–December 2018, at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India. The edit-a-thons were focused to improve Hockey-related content on Wikipedia. The edit-a-thons took place in Thrissur, Patiala(2), Guntur, and Delhi.
Earlier in 2017, we made a collaboration with the Sports and Youth department of Odisha Government for Asian Athletics Championships- Edit-a-thon and GLAM. As a part of the collaboration, we organised an edit-a-thon in Bhubaneswar and the state government relicensed the website of Asian Athletics Championship under CC-BY-SA 4.0 license. This relicense of content helped the community to upload almost 300 images of Asian athletes on Wikimedia Commons.
In October 2018, CIS-A2K worked with Malayalam Wikimedians User Group, Punjabi Wikimedians User Group, Hindi Wikimedians User Group and VVIT WikiConnect and organised 5 onsite edit-a-thons in different Indian cities with the theme of Hockey. Almost 250 Wikipedia articles were created and improved during these edit-a-thons.