WikiConference India 2016 updates
Thanks for signing up as a volunteer for WikiConference India 2016 (WCI 2016). Here are some updates regarding the event:
- WCI 2016 will take place on 5th, 6th, and 7th of August 2016 at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran (Mohali). Please save these dates. We will open conference registration soon.
- PEG request for WCI 2016 has been approved. We appreciate WMF PEG team's support and decision in facilitating this. We thank all community members who endorsed and contributed to this initiative. We are excited and look forward to an intensive month planning and executing WCI 2016.
- Phase 1 filtering of scholarship applications has been done. Among 450+ applications, 200+ applications have been shortlisted for final review. We are expecting to announce the results by July first week.
- WCI 2016 Call for Participation is open now. Please submit your proposals for paper presentations, lightning talks, and workshops.
- Please take WCI 2016 Program Survey and help us design the conference based on community's needs.
- Please initiate and participate in the Punjab edit-a-thon. It is a gift from all Indian language communities for the Punjabi community which is hosting the conference. The community that adds most number of bytes or words will be awarded a trophy.
- Please review our conference Code of Conduct.
- Please place any feedback regarding the event at the meta talk page. You can also join us for the weekly IRC sessions we hold every Wednesday and Saturday at 2130 IST at #wikiconferenceindia channel. You may also find frequent updates through our Facebook group and mailing list.
WCI 2016 Team.
P.S. If you wish to stop receiving such updates, please remove your name here.
WikiConference India 2016 program
Congratulations again on your proposal being selected!
We hope you have registered for the conference. If not please follow the instructions at: http://wci2016.doattend.com/ If you are a scholarship recipient - use the Wikimedia Registration option. In case you are not attending or unable to attend, please let us know at the earliest so that the schedules can be readjusted accordingly.
The program schedule is available here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Programs
Please make sure you read the presenter guidelines. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_India_2016/Presenter_guidelines
We look forward to seeing you in Chandigarh!
For program committee Shyamal en:User:Shyamal
Multilingual Literary Content Development Progeramme at Sri Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit
Hi Ranjithsiji, just let you know the maximum number of Ambassadors per project is two. Though we will send an additional postcard to who has more than 15 accepted articles.--AddisWang (talk) 06:52, 3 December 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for your contributions in the UNESCO Challenge. However, please choose images to illustrate the articles with care. Points will not be awarded for contributions that are not kept on the wiki where the contribution was made. Be careful to follow the local Wikipedia policies and please make sure to add image captions.
I suggest you go over the articles and see if you could add one or two images to the articles instead, and adjust your score accordingly.
Best regards and good luck in the Challenge,
Invitation to Met Open Access Artworks Challenge (15 May - 30 June)
We'd like to invite UNESCO participants to join a new challenge on the same model, the Met Open Access Artworks Challenge. You can contribute by illustrating with images using some of the 375k photos now under CC0, starting or improving articles (try our new Mbabel tool!), or creating translations (if your language isn't listed, please ask!). You can sign up here: Met Open Access Artworks Challenge/Participants. --Pharos (talk) 17:59, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for help
Project Tiger writing contest
Hi Ranjith, I am reaching out to you because you expressed interest in Supporting Indian language Wikipedias program. I am glad to inform the writing contest has been launched. If you are interested in coordinating this for your community, here is a sample contest portal. You can translate this and launch the contest. Please leave comments on the talk page if you need help or have questions. I am also sending this message to other Wikipedians who expressed interest. We are keenly awaiting the participation of Malayalam Wikipedia community. All the best. --Ravi (talk) 22:29, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
- Dear Ravi We already setup the portal and the contest is active in Malayalam. thanks for the information and support --Ranjithsiji (talk) 16:03, 7 March 2018 (UTC)
Need your help to connect with Bangalore based Malayalam Wikipedia Contributors for meetup
I'm Mallikarjuna from Kannada Wikipedia.
You were the Organizer for Malayalam Project Tiger. We've been trying to connect with all Wikipedians in Bangalore, across languages. A meetup like that, will help us to carry forward the momentum of Project Tiger.
Could you kindly, put a notice on Malayalam Village Pump & help me get connected to as many Bangalore based Malayalam Wikipedia Contributors (either or all of Pedia, Source, Quote, Meta, Commons & Wiktionary).
Interested Contributors can sign, we could collect names & get started towards organizing the meeting. In July 2018, we wish to host a meeting of Bangalore based all language & all projects Wikipedians at CIS Office Bangalore.
I'm copying all Organisers/jury: Arunsunilkollam, Ranjithsiji, Viswaprabha, Akhiljaxxn from Malayalam Project Tiger. Tito Dutta has been very much willing to support this effort. -With Metta, Mallikarjuna.
-WIth Metta, Mallikarjuna. 05:32, 17 June 2018 (UTC)
New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
Link for Wishlist Survey
Here's the link for last year's Wishlist Survey: 2017 Community Wishlist Survey. The new survey starts in November 2018; you should propose the URL problem and ask people to vote for it! -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 11:54, 18 July 2018 (UTC)
Advanced mobile contributions
Hi - thank you for participating in the advanced mobile contributions interviews. We'll reach out with further questions and activities. We would appreciate if you're able to forward these to others in your community. Thanks OVasileva (WMF) (talk) 11:59, 18 July 2018 (UTC)