-- 15:33, 7 September 2011 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
Welcome to the IEG Committee
Thanks for signing up to join the Individual Engagement Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We’ve got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 2 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started:
To make your membership official, please do 2 things by Tuesday April 2:
- Introduce yourself in the IdeaLab.
- Send your email address and preferred username to IEGrantswikimedia.org, so that we can subscribe you to the committee mailing list and get you setup on the committee's internal wiki.
Then there are 3 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:
- Read the information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), beginning with the getting started guide for new members.
- Join a working group.
- Start giving feedback on open ideas, drafts and proposals. Asking questions to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through, and will give us more great proposals to choose from.
Our formal review of proposals starts on 21 April. I’ll be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list and in the Workroom soon, so please keep an eye there!
The edit visualization tool
Hi Addis, Thanks for offering to help. To bring Chinese support to the tool, we'll need to add the Chinese translations for the messages in the tool. You could do that but forking the tool on github & editing https://github.com/cosmiclattes/wikireplay/blob/standalone/js/lib/namespace.js. A simpler way would be to send me the translations for the following phrases:
- Enter article name
- Place the peg on the edit to play
- Click Play
- Enjoy viewing edits
- Show History
- What is replay edits
- Enter article name
- Article does not exist
Sunday 17 May 2015 User groups meet up at WMCON
Hi! Today Sunday 17 May 2015 there will be a User Groups meet-up at 14h at room E. If you are interested, please join, the main topics to be discussed is the relationship between WMF and user groups, and diaspora user groups as described on Wikimedia diaspora organisations. If you are interested, please join! Thanks. --Micru (talk) 08:25, 17 May 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for representing Chinese Wikimedians at this event. Pharos told me that you and he talked about outreach. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:32, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
今天刚看见 phab 上的建站申请成功了，恭喜一下。我阅读了那个页面，并感到非常期望参加用户组，且我对用户组一定有帮助。
- 我是在Tool Labs的工具制作、维护者（如 Commons Archive，一个存放维基共享资源的照片等的源文件的库），并在上面运行机器人。
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Movement Wide Finance Report 2014
I’m Alex, currently a finance fellow (i.e intern) at the Wikimedia Foundation. I worked before for Wikimedia France, planning the Hackathon Lyon 2015 mainly. I'm today contacting you because of your activity for Wikimedia China User Group.
Last year, Finance Fellows produced a financial report that included financial activity from every chapters. It was great and has been presented at the Wikimania in Mexico.
If you haven’t seen the results of the Report 2013, here they are: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapter-wide_Financial_Trends_Report_2013
We’re currently starting the Report 2014 and this year we also want to include user groups to improve the scope of our work. I want to tell you that I’ve tried to make the process as short and easy as possible, so that shouldn’t require a lot of your time.
The aim of such a report is global. It helps having an idea of how the money is used across the movement, it helps chapters and user groups to learn about best practice and finally it leads to more transparency through a qualitative work, which I believe is important.
Could you briefly tell me if you had any income and expenses in 2014? If you are not the person responsible for this, please tell me who is the user the most likely to know this information.
I’ll be your contact for this project this year, I’m looking forward to working with you!