Please address any questions to cawikimedia.org.
- 1 Structured Data feedback - What gets stored where (Ontology)
- 2 First structured licensing conversation on Commons
- 3 Grants Friendly space expectations
- 4 Multilingual captions testing is available
- 5 Structured Data feedback - multilingual captions on the file page
- 6 Structured Data on Commons IRC Office Hour, Tuesday 26 June
- 7 What properties does Commons need?
- 8 Structured Data feedback - Depicts statements draft requirements
Structured Data feedback - What gets stored where (Ontology)
There is a new feedback request for Structured Data on Commons (link for messages posted to Commons: , regarding what metadata from a file gets stored where. Your participation is appreciated.
First structured licensing conversation on Commons
Greetings,The first conversation about structured copyright and licensing for Structured Data on Commons has been posted, please come by and participate. The discussion will be open through the end of the month (March). Thank you. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:26, 16 March 2018 (UTC)
Grants Friendly space expectations
Contributors to the Meta-wiki Grants namespace are expected to follow the Friendly Space Expectations at all times. These expectations are needed to ensure a pleasant environment for focused discussions where contributors engage respectfully. This is not your first violation of the friendly space expectations. Your comments demonstrate a sustained pattern of disrupting productive conversations in the grants name space and are not acceptable. If subsequent violations occur, we will consider further action, such as advocating for you to be banned from the grants namespace.
- @AWang (WMF): Alex - At what point is this considered censorship? I wrote a critical response of the grant. It was not personal, was based on facts. It seems counterproductive to delete dissenting viewpoints to grant funding. — Erika aka BrillLyle (talk) 20:16, 4 April 2018 (UTC)
- Is not an endorsement so I removed it.
- @AWang (WMF): FYI, this user is also the subject at Wikidata:Administrators'_noticeboard#Stalking_and_Harassment. Multichill (talk) 20:20, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
- The endorsements are also a space to bring up concerns and not' endorse, aren't they? This is not acceptable that my comment was deleted. I was focusing on the facts of the grant proposal. Multichill you seem to be acting on a personal vendetta against me after the whole deleting of the catalog property on Wikidata. I suggest you stop, as it is not okay to attack me like this. -- BrillLyle (talk) 20:26, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
The early prototype for multilingual caption support is available for testing. More information on how to sign up to test is on Commons. Thanks, happy editing to you. - Keegan (WMF) (talk) 17:06, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
There are designs posted for viewing and using multilingual captions on the file page. Please take a look and leave your feedback as you have time. Thanks. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 20:18, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
Structured Data on Commons IRC Office Hour, Tuesday 26 June
There will be an IRC office hour for Structured Data on Tuesday, 26 June from 18:00-19:00 UTC in #wikimedia-office. You can find more details, as well as date and time conversion, at the IRC Office Hours page on Meta.
What properties does Commons need?
Structured Commons will need properties to make statements about files. The development team is working on making the software ready to support properties; the question is, what properties does Commons need?
You can find more information and examples to help find properties in a workshop on Commons. Please participate and help fill in the list, and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:53, 28 June 2018 (UTC)
Structured Data feedback - Depicts statements draft requirements
A slide presentation of the draft requirements for depicts statements on file pages is up on Commons. Please visit this page on Commons to review the slides and discuss the draft. Thank you, see you on the talk page. -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 21:20, 7 August 2018 (UTC)