Hello. My name is Muzammil. I am mainly active on Hindi (sort of Home-wiki), Urdu and English Wikipedias besides Wikimedia Commons. I also write blog posts for Wikimedia Foundation interviewing various communities, profiling leading Wikimedians, reporting events, etc.
Of special interest, my contributions for Hindi Wikipedia included:
- scripting the 10 video tutorial of Hindi Wikipedia
- found my name on a Spanish blog as result of my participation in the Monuments of Spain editathon in 2014, mostly in Hindi!!
- participation in May 2015 Translatewiki.net Translation Rally for Wikimedia system messages in Hindi. (See the Project Page. I was the only Hindi language participant)
- published articles on Hindi Wikipedia such as this one - "Promoting Hindi through Hindi Wikipedia": Sanjeevani Today, Jaipur, Rajasthan 2015-02-19.
- I started the Hindi Wikipedia Editathon "Lilavati's Daughters" or "Indian Women Scientists" which later transformed into "Women Achievers of India" editathon. The project also had an impact on impact on Punjabi Wikipedia.
- PPT on Hindi Wikipedia Reach, Problems & Solutions submitted to WMF during the India Community Consultation 2014 at Mövenpick Hotel, Bangalore, October 4-5, 2014. Also, here is my report of the WMF-India Community Consultation 2014 (coauthored with Asaf Bartov of WMF).
- My Personal Report of the First Hindi Wiki Sammelan, 2015 in Delhi.
- Report on my efforts for Hindi Wikipedia at Wiki Conference India 2016.
- My presentation "Expanding the Usage of Hindi language through Hindi Wikipedia" presented at the Fourth International Hindi Conference, January 6-8, 2017. Gitam University, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam, India.
- My interview of my Hindi Wikipedia colleague and admin Ashish Bhatnagar for Wikimedia Foundation, April 2017.
- I pioneered the concept of "User essays" on Hindi Wikipedias since December 2017. Some of my efforts are as follows:
- हिन्दी विकिपीडिया के लिए भारतीय राजदूतावासों का सहयोग|हिन्दी विकिपीडिया के लिए भारतीय राजदूतावासों का सहयोग|हिन्दी विकिपीडिया के लिए भारतीय राजदूतावासों का सहयोग (Essay on institutional support by Indian Embassy in some countries to the project "Hindi Across the Globe")
- तुर्क भाषा की विकिपीडिया के साथ हिन्दी विकिपीडिया सदस्यों की एकता (Essay on the Hindi Wikipedians' expression of solidarity with Turkish Wikipedians)
- भली नीयत पर विश्वास (Essay on assuming good faith)
- कठपुतली खातों से हमको क्यों सतर्क रहना चाहिए? (Essay on Sock puppetry)
- माँ पर मौजूद हिन्दी और मराठी विकिपीडियाओं के लेख (Essay comparing Hindi and Marathi articles on "Mother")
Publication of Research Papers on Wikipedia-based of Field Study 2016
- My field research article "A Study on the Usage of Wikipedia in the Field of Academics" was published in Edu World Vol-V No. 1 ISSN 2319-7129 Jan- Dec 2016.
Wikimedia Foundation Blogs and Global Community Interviews
- On advocating internet freedom, Muzammil writes: "Although I am all for it, I gave it a lower priority because of the political overtone and the fear that pushing it too much may jeopardize core Wikipedia objectives in some geographic locations."
- On forbidding paid editing, Muzammil writes: "we should stop paid editing for promotion or those edits which forward some agenda – ideological or political." James: "The WMF has forbidden non-disclosed paid editing. It should now help enforce this. Not all types of paid editing should be banned." He also points to the relevance of engineering to improve editor experience to attracting and retaining female editors and those in the global south.
From Signpost, May 13, 2015.
- [Celebrities’ Autographs] - Crushable reports (not quite) news that Wikipedia has started including celebrities' autographs in articles about them. In a related event, User:Hindustanilanguage uploaded ~300 autographs on Wikimedia Commons in mid-August.
From Year: 2011 Week: 38 Number: 128 BIS, an independent internal news bulletin for the members of the Wikimedia community.
...Syed Muzammiluddin has also mentioned other Turkish words in Urdu in his article (March 16, 2006).
From Influence of Turkish on Urdu, Dawn.
New World Encyclopedia
..."His chief contribution," says Muzammiluddin "was that his Government enhanced popular faith in democracy."
From Morarji Desai#Legacy, New World Encyclopedia.