Cirt 06:20, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
Please consider not translating the access to nonpublic information policy in protest
Hi B25es, I have just noticed that you've been working on the translation of access to nonpublic information policy today.
I wanted to ask you to consider refraining from translating such pages as a means of protest against the recent actions of the Wikimedia Foundation. On Sunday, they have implemented a change that gives them an unprecented, unilateral and unlimited power to protect certain pages on Wikimedia wikis in a manner that makes it impossible for all volunteers — including locally elected administrators — from editing them.
The change was secretly forced through without any community consultation, and the Foundation have used this new feature to actively fight the volunteer community of the German Wikipedia.
Your volunteer translations directly help the work of the Foundation. Your work helps them save time and effort that they would otherwise have to invest in recruiting, training and managing new employees, and saves them money they would otherwise have to spend on professional translations.
The recent actions of the Wikimedia Foundation make it very clear that they no longer respect the wishes of the volunteer community, and that they no longer consider us an equal partner. The least we can do to voice our dismay at those actions, and to support our colleagues on the German Wikipedia, is to stop investing our precious time as volunteers on directly helping the Wikimedia Foundation.
Please take a minute to consider withdrawing your help for the Foundation in protest against their unbecoming treatment of the volunteer community of the German Wikipedia.
Me he perdido
Hola vengo a pedir ayuda. Respecto a esto he de reconocer que me he perdido. Lamentablemente, mi inglés es bastante pobre y realmente no sé de qué se me está acusando. ¿Me puedes traducir, así por encima qué dice este párrafo? (es que ni en el traductor lo entiendo). Rauletemunoz You talking to me? 18:10, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Aps, creo que ya lo he entendido. Se refiere a que mis traducciones son literales ¿cierto? ¿Estoy inclumpiendo alguna norma pese a que incorpore en la discusión de cada artículo, la plantilla de traducción? Rauletemunoz You talking to me? 18:47, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
User:Alphama (User page has created two list of 66,000 bytes and 48,000 bytes. But he has given himself 66 and 48 points as well. Please check this. 67 vi:Danh sách các lâu đài ở Tây Ban Nha 66241 bytes (66 + 1 points) and 49 vi:Danh sách ngọn hải đăng ở Tây Ban Nha N 48615 bytes (48 + 1 points)--Satdeep gill (talk) 06:18, 18 October 2014 (UTC)
Hello Sir, Have a look at this article ca:Llista de béns d'interès cultural de la Regió de Múrcia and please tell me how this article is correct and ca:Llista de béns d'interès cultural de la Regió de Cuenca is wrong. --Satdeep gill (talk) 19:41, 25 October 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot for all the information. Now i think it is fair. Otherwise it was going to be a lot difficult. And what do think about google translate of Spanish to Catalan? I saw that the article in Catalan was almost similar to the one google translate shows. --Satdeep gill (talk) 01:23, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
- The introductory paragraph and the first few municipalities have been translated. I don't think with google, because it's very tricky. For instance, GT would take Águilas, which is the name of a city, and return Àguiles, because both words mean eagles in each language. So it's most likely it's been done or supervised by hand. Hard job. From my experience, it's easier to do by hand using some shorcuts, for instance, all iglesias will become esglésies; and then check for things like Monumento a Julio Iglesias not becoming Monument a Juliol Esglésies. But for most of the text iglesias and the like have not been translated, and some Murcian cities that have names in Catalan (Lorca -> Llorca, for instance) are in Spanish. I'm learning a lot out of this first contest. B25es (talk) 06:15, 26 October 2014 (UTC)
Hello B25es, this is a reminder to check the articles created by Syed Muzammiluddin. He has created many Bien de Interes Lists and has given himself inappropriate points. Maybe you should check them. It might take you a while to find those articles as they are not in sequence. You can message me anytime, i can help you as well. Well, Thanks a lot for this brilliant competition. I have learned a lot from this. Thanks to you too for every single reply.--Satdeep gill (talk) 02:07, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hello B25es, I am terribly surprised by the unhealthy approach of Satdeep Gill whom I've known personally. Winning or losing an editathon is part of the game. Gill himself added a number of list articles as his contributions along with his friend Parveer and they are still there. But a few unhealthy activities need your check:
- Fake Catalan lists added by him and removed by you.
- Sock puppet account "Indian Police Force" created by him which edited and reverted my points on the Meta page here.
- Constant observation and unnecessary and unproductive activities such as renaming of my articles.
- I don't have any ulterior motives I just wanted the competition to be fair. The points added by Muzammil are not appropriate. Thats it. He totally got this wrong way. I renamed article according to pronunciation. Moreover nothing on Wiki belongs to one single person. It belongs to the community. Well i didnt do any damage with the puppet and I wont use it again also. So, let me be clear. --Satdeep gill (talk) 15:46, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
Clarification about Bien de Interes Lists
Hello, All lists are in correct order from "hi:बिएन दे इंतेरेस कल्चरल की सूची कन्ताबरिया प्रान्त में" to " hi:बिएन_दे_इंतेरेस_कल्चरल_की_सूची " - These lists should be confused with articles I created such the ones on Bien de Interes itself in Hindi, Urdu and also my editing of the English article. These are are full length articles and as such deserve the credit which is due to other articles. Regards, --Muzammil (talk) 16:08, 30 October 2014 (UTC)
It's been a long day of hard work. I expected some peace on this front. So I will go straight to the questions:
- Fake Catalan lists have been removed, thanks for that (I didn't remove any, just crossed them). I have contacted the Catalan Wikipedia and they will see what they do of the lists. Next time I meet with our Catalan colleagues, we'll have something to talk about.
- Points will be calculated when the contest is finished. I will -with some help, I expect- check all articles make the calculations.
- We have had articles renamed in many languages, in fact I think that in most languages. I've even done it myself in one case. That doesn't affect the points. Don't worry about it.
Monuments of Spain challenge question
Are you a coordinator for this challenge? I am an administrator on Simple English Wikipedia. We have had some new articles created there for this challenge. We welcome the new articles, but the editor(s) who create them don't always understand our requirements and we have had to delete some of them. Some articles were also moved (by me) to a creator's userspace so that he or she could take care of these issues before putting them back in mainspace. I'm just mentioning this in case you want to verify that the new pages and improvements listed by the challenge participants are actually kept.
Let me know if I can give you any further information. I can be reached most easily on my talk page at Simple English Wikipedia, but I will try to remember to check back here as well. Thanks. --Auntof6 (talk) 19:33, 27 October 2014 (UTC)
Hello. I've distinguished lists and main articles for the ease of your analysis.
However, I've noticed hi: सेबिया गिरजाघर appearing in my contribs as 0+3 and 0+6. Actually 0+6 is the only correct entry. I request you to kindly correct it by removing the incorrect entry now as editing the page from my side now will be quite inappropriate.
Hi B25es, I've made a quick analysis of Alphama's contributions and I must admit that many of them are not valid, include an inflated amount of wikitext (see all his contributions on cathedrals) and, as a whole, breaches the terms of Wikipedia's CC-BY license. See the analysis in here. Best regards --Devo Max (talk) 15:45, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
Hello. I just request you to plz confirm the receipt of my email to Laura with the requested details. I had CC'ed it to you and there seems to be some problem in the email address provided by her on my talk for correspondence in Monuments of Spain Challenge. --Muzammil (talk) 17:26, 17 November 2014 (UTC)
Hello. Congrats on conducting the Challenge in an excellent manner.
Have you done some non-participant specific analysis such as the following:
- Language-wise number of articles created / edited.
- Lengthiest articles (say, top 10 created/edited articles in terms of length/size - overall).
Please correct the spelling of my name.
Hello once again. I'm glad to see a blogpost written by you in Spanish on the recently concluded Challenge: http://blog.wikimedia.es/2014/11/monuments-of-spain-challenge-ya-tenemos.html It will great if you could correct my spelling to "SYED MUZAMMILUDDIN". Thanks again for the wonderful blog. --Muzammil (talk) 09:01, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
- As discussed, please accept my sincere congratulations for being granted autopatroller rights. --Muzammil (talk) 05:11, 19 January 2015 (UTC)
¿Dónde están los premios del concurso?
Sigo sin recibir ningún premio del concurso Monuments_of_Spain_Challenge. ¿Alguien sabe algo?
Rauletemunoz You talking to me? 12:04, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
Hi Rauletemunoz, sometime back User:Millars came and took the responsibility for the unusual delay in prize distribution. Meanwhile User:Alphama who stood "first" backed out and asked these guys not to send any prize. I suggest you to move on like Alphama and not be let down by B25es and Millars. Life is fun. You are a volunteer. Your work is your reward. If you think otherwise, you are not likely to get anything. Have a good day. --Muzammil (talk) 14:46, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- We haven't recieved either the one of September contest (it's the same distribution chain). And I have an English version of the report sitting idle on my hard-drive (since December). I think it was to be published by April and there's very little April left. Best wishes. B25es (talk) 17:37, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
- That's the point Rauletemunoz! In life, don't be in a hurry, just walk slowly but surely and you will certainly encounter an unexpected, perplexing, dumbfounding moments in your journey! --Muzammil (talk) 20:52, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Template Wizard script available for testing
Hello. I'm contacting you because you voted for the Infobox Wizard in the 2017 Community Wishlist Survey.
The Infobox Wizard has gotten an upgrade - it's now a Template Wizard which works for infoboxes and all other templates. The feature is being developed as an extension (which will allow for localization) but there is a prototype user script which works well.
The Wishlist Team would love it if you could take a few minutes to try the Template Wizard prototype script out and give us feedback on whether it lives up to your expectations. This feedback will help build the script into an extension. To get started, add the following to your Special:MyPage/common.js -
The Template Wizard will show up as a puzzle-piece icon in the 2010 WikiEditor. You can click on the icon to insert a template. Your thoughts are needed on whether it makes sense for the wizard to be available for all users by default or if there should be a preference for it. If it's a preference, what should the default be? Please leave your feedback here. Thank you! -- Keegan (WMF) (talk) 22:41, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
SVG Translate Community wishlist survey project
Hello! Thank you for voting for the SVG Translate project that was proposed in the 2017 Wishlist survey. The Community Tech team in the Wikimedia Foundation is beginning to start their work on the project. We're currently looking for feedback on some open questions which will allow us to come up with preliminary designs for the tool. If you are interested in being involved, you can watch the project page and join in the discussions on the talk page. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and learning from your experiences. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF), Product Manager, Community Tech (talk) 21:53, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:23, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
"Who Wrote That" project update
Hello. I'm reaching out to you as you participated in the 2017 Community Wishlist proposal for "Who Wrote That" project (previously known as "Blame Tool"). The Community Tech team is kicking things off on the project and we have an early-stage mockup available for you to look at. I invite you to follow that project page, where I will be posting periodic status updates for the project. You are also welcome to provide your thoughts on the talk page. Thank you. -- NKohli (WMF) (talk) 22:57, 21 February 2019 (UTC)