- 1 Tech News
- 2 You're awesome
- 3 European trade mark
- 4 translation adminship
- 5 WMF promises
- 6 What is your point
- 7 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 8 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 9 ASBS - Question to Christophe
- 10 Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
- 11 Configuration disguised as translation
- 12 Blocked IP-address
- 13 Edit ban - unlock request
- @Nemo bis: Entirely predictable and yet a still bit disappointing. I predict Tech News will transform into a one-way method of communication, and then slowly die, just as Wikimedia Quarto and others had done before. odder (talk) 11:02, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
European trade mark
- Thanks for the link, @Federico. I fear I can't form an informed opinion on this at the moment due to lack of any hard data (of the kind you were able to provide with regards to the Portuguese Wikipedia), but in general I would say this is a pretty bad solution to a rather solvable problem. On the other hand, we're again here seeing an issue of a small wiki community not being able to manage huge amounts of spam and bad faith edits that are affecting their wiki and having a very negative effect on their ability to improve their projects — and that's hugely saddening to witness happen over and over again. odder (talk) 22:32, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
- To be precise, there is no indication that there are huge or unusual amounts of anything. It seems the community mostly wanted to force a couple persons to register in order to educate them better. --Nemo 19:51, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
What is your point
Hoi, I fail to see your point. What we have is tldr. It does not do what is expected to do. I provide you with an argument why and you are not courteous in that way. Thank you for failing to understand what is needed. GerardM (talk) 14:37, 26 November 2015 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
ASBS - Question to Christophe
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:01, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Configuration disguised as translation
- Hi @Nemo; I'm not sure I follow this train of thought. I haven't been following the goings-on about the wikipedia.org portal and I haven't been to Gerrit for a while, so I don't really know what's going here. I would've thought that switching to managing translations on Translatewiki would be a nice and welcome change, no? odder (talk) 12:22, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
a few minutes ago I got a message my IP-address had been blocked by you. I'd like to edit the German pronunciation file De-Demos.ogg: Instead of
[[Category:German pronunciation of nouns]]
I'd like to rewrite it with
[[Category:German pronunciation of noun flections]].
Are you able to help me?
Greetings --Jeuwre (talk) 19:15, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi @Jeuwre, thanks for the message and apologies for the inconvenience. I made the change for you, however I would need to have a little bit more information about the block that you have fallen victim of. Can you tell me if this problem still occurs and if so, can you e-mail me with your IP address and, if possible, the error message that you see? You can use this page to send me an e-mail; thanks! odder (talk) 11:07, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
- Hi TKozlowski,
- thank you for implementing the change. Unfortunately when I tried again to edit De-Demos.ogg a few minutes ago yesterday's fault didn't happen again. I don't have yesterday's IP-address, I'm sorry. If the error message surfaces again you'll get a message. Thanks for your support. --Jeuwre (talk) 14:56, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
Edit ban - unlock request
this is the second time in 6 weeks, that I got an edit ban to edit one of my pronunciation examples. The specific ban text I got a few minutes ago is:
Du bist aus dem folgenden Grund nicht berechtigt, die Seite zu bearbeiten:
Dein Benutzername oder deine IP-Adresse wurde gesperrt. Die Sperrung wurde vom Administrator Odder durchgeführt. Als Grund wurde contact oversighters for information angegeben.
Beginn der Sperre: 13:07, 25. Nov. 2016 Ende der Sperre: unbeschränkt Sperre betrifft: 18.104.22.168/24
Du kannst Odder oder einen der anderen Administratoren kontaktieren, um über die Sperre zu diskutieren. Du kannst die „E-Mail an diesen Benutzer“-Funktion nicht nutzen, solange keine gültige E-Mail-Adresse in deinen Benutzerkonto-Einstellungen eingetragen ist oder diese Funktion für dich gesperrt wurde. Deine aktuelle IP-Adresse ist 22.214.171.124 und die Sperrkennung lautet 278072. Bitte füge alle Informationen jeder Anfrage hinzu, die du stellst.
means (language adjustment to "English")
You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
Your user name or IP address has been blocked. Editing and uploading from 126.96.36.199/24 was disabled by Odder for the following reason: contact oversighters for information This block (ID #278072) is set to expire: infinite.
If the block reason seems unrelated to you, it is possible you were affected by a software feature known as the autoblock. In that case contact email@example.com to remove the autoblock. Your current IP address is 188.8.131.52 and the block ID is #278072. Please include this information in your query. Please note that, for technical reasons, removing the autoblock is not always possible. In such cases, you may need to wait 24 hours for the autoblock to expire.