- 1 Bot email@example.com
- 2 No renaming between November 20 and November 27
- 3 IP global block
- 4 Tech News
- 5 Change username at Phab
- 6 Training modules: Can you help us with translation?
- 7 IP range blocked
- 8 Look what's back...
- 9 Merchandise Giveaway Nomination - Successful
- 10 IP block excemption
- 11 Blocked IP because of spam?
- 12 Restoration of a number of texts in Rusyn Wikipedia
- 13 Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
- 14 Help design a new feature to stop harassing emails
- 15 Using digests
- 16 Source code
- 17 Rename request
- 18 Quick question
- 19 About "188.8.131.52/16"
- 20 Emergency in KaWiki
- 21 בעיה בשינוי שם
- 22 not open
- 23 Deletions
- 24 Email sent
- 25 Renames
- 26 Need help getting the feature needed to enable mentorship installed at Hebvoy
- 27 INGEB
- 28 My admin status expired yesterday at the Hebrew Wikivoyage
- 29 ויקיפדיה:שינוי שם משתמש
Hello! Can you please tell me what was the result of this proposal? Can the BP be implemented there? Thanks! —MarcoAurelio 10:08, 7 November 2016 (UTC) PD: Can you please consider archiving your talk page?, it's becoming a bit large (bot archival system is avalaible). Thanks!
- Hello MarcoAurelio, Yes, the BP can be implemented. Thanks Matanya (talk) 11:14, 7 November 2016 (UTC)
No renaming between November 20 and November 27
You’re getting this because you’re a steward or global renamer. The Community Tech team are working on cross-wiki watchlists. We need to add a couple of fields to the localuser table in centralauth database. In order to be able to do this, we’d need to run a script that will get in the way of renaming users. Our apologies – we realize this is getting in the way of your work.
(UTC means that if you live in the Americas, it will be on the evening or afternoon of November 19 when the script starts running, and if you live in Oceania or eastern Asia, it can be closer midday on November 27 before we can be sure the script is no longer running.)
IP global block
This globally banned user should be listed here: WMF_Global_Ban_Policy/List he is not there.
But no such username there: WMF_Global_Ban_Policy/List. Please add it there.
- already he earned global ban.
- Hi, that video2commons was down for two weeks due to , and is now back up. Matanya (talk) 21:19, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
Change username at Phab
Hello. I have an account in Phabricator (namely Rwhd), and I'd like to have it renamed to "Rachmat04" as the username I have on Wikimedia projects. Is it possible to do so? And where should I request to?
- Hello, Welcome to my talk page. You would need a phabricator administrator, such as demon or chase or andre. Best Matanya (talk) 19:08, 1 March 2017 (UTC)
Training modules: Can you help us with translation?
Hello Matanya, hope all is well! As you may know, we at the Wikimedia Foundation's Support and Safety team are developing new training materials to help contributors deal with online harassment situations, and with problems at real life events. The final English version is now finished!
I'm wondering if you would be willing to help us translate content for these Training Modules into your language. We are targeting a minimum of ten languages for these modules, including the English original.
If the answer is yes, please let me know with a ping, or just get stuck in - either way, we would really appreciate your support! Joe Sutherland (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 18:09, 25 April 2017 (UTC)
IP range blocked
Hello Matanye, which you in good health, I wanna ask about IP range blocked that make a problem with 2 of ar.wiki users (until now 2), one of them is (user:Abdou7878) and (user:Anass Badou) see the hidden msg here, so if you can explain what happened to me? and what the users should do? (note that we give them local IP block exemption). Regards --Alaa :)..! 11:12, 30 April 2017 (UTC)
- A local IP block exempt doesn't help here, since it's a global IP block. I've just given both of them a global IP block exempt. That should do the trick. Trijnsteltalk 11:34, 30 April 2017 (UTC)
Look what's back...
Merchandise Giveaway Nomination - Successful
You have been successfully nominated to receive a free t-shirt from the Wikimedia Foundation through our Merchandise Giveaway program (https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Merchandise_giveaways). Congratulations and thank you for your hard work!
Please email us at merchandisewikimedia.org and we will send you full details on how to accept your free shirt.
IP block excemption
Hi again. Thanks for changing my rights, but it seems that it only affected meta.wikimedia.org space. I'm still blocked at English wikipedia (my main workspace) and all other wiki projects. --BlameRuiner (talk) 19:27, 12 July 2017 (UTC)
Blocked IP because of spam?
I have just been told that I cannot make any more edits because my IP address is being used for spam? I can assure you this is not the case and I have just been making minor changes to a wiki page I created. Please can you lift the block so that I can finish the edits? (AndrewFletcher 17:19 14/07/17)
Restoration of a number of texts in Rusyn Wikipedia
Respected Matanya. Rusyn Wikipedia has no administrators. I want to restore some of the texts in this project on my page in the Meta-Wiki. They were deleted on the Rusyn Wikipedia, and I want to complete them. Here they are:  , , , , , , . The second page is a discussion, but it contains important information about the article. Recover these deleted articles and discussion on my Meta-Wiki discussion page. Thank you in advance. --IvRud (talk) 06:17, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, i have limited access to the internet, please ask any of the other m:stewards. Thanks and sorry. Matanya (talk) 18:01, 24 July 2017 (UTC)
Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Help design a new feature to stop harassing emails
The Anti-Harassment Tools team plans to start develop of a new feature to allow users to restrict emails from new accounts. This feature will allow an individual user to stop harassing emails from coming through the Special:EmailUser system from abusive sockpuppeting accounts.
We’re inviting you to join the discussion because you have experience dealing with abusive sockpuppeting accounts and you work across many wikis. We think that your insights will help us build a better feature.
It is important to hear from a broad range of people who are interested in the design of the tool, so we hope you join the discussion and let us know how it would work best for you.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 21:50, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.
Hi, re mailarchive:wikimedia-l/2017-October/088903.html, we have a section Mailing_lists#Using_digests. I'd be interested in hearing what works for you and what not, so that we can improve the manual. Thanks, Nemo 07:16, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, i just replied bu mistake to a digest rather than to a specific email. Thanks for pointing this out. Matanya (talk) 04:55, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hi, what do you need exactly ? Matanya (talk) 18:58, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I see you speak Hebrew. I am about to edit Wikidata and would like to request a simple translation of "village in Indonesia". I mean, as part of a sentence like "[Name] is a village in Indonesia" but without the "[Name] is a" part. Thank you in advance. --Artix Kreiger (Message Wall) 05:15, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
I have noticed this edit by @Chrissymad: with the comment "xwiki lta" and your associated global block of 184.108.40.206 with the comment "Long-term abuse".
I am interested in this case, because I have tried to talk to this contributor, using 220.127.116.11/16 (and sometimes 18.104.22.168/16), for several weeks, without answer (you can look at my last attempt: d:User talk:22.214.171.124). I was unsure about this contributor (whether the contributor was a vandal or not), who has been adding unsourced claims on many wikis (on Wikimedia projects and also on Wikia projects) for many months. So, do you have more information about this case (perhaps a previous discussion or a previous vandalism report)?
Regards --NicoScribe (talk) 17:59, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hi,Nothing more than reviewing his long term edits being reverted over and over and over. Matanya (talk) 19:07, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- which LTA is it? 126.96.36.199 19:16, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
Emergency in KaWiki
Please read my explanation thoroughly. It is about an inexorable situation in the Georgian Wikipedia, the long-established. Every attempt to solve the problem locally fails again and again. So, please, do not be indifferent.
The requests are extraordinary, so I do not write on a general page, but personally.
Best regards, Deu. 18:03, 30 September 2018 (UTC)
בעיה בשינוי שם
שלום מתניה! מאחר ושיניתי לאחרונה את שם המשתמש שלי לשם באותיות לטיניות, שיתאים גם לויקיפדיות לא עבריות, לא מאשרים לי שינוי נוסף. הנקודה היא שכל מה שאני מבקש זה לא לשנות את השם לשם אחר אלא רק להחליף את IsraelyHomoSapiens בלי הרווחים ועם שגיאת הכתיב, בשם Israeli Homo sapiens עם רווחים ותיקון השגיאה. אודה לך מאד אם תאשר את הבקשה שתעזור לי להיות רשום בצורה תקינה יותר. IsraelyHomoSapiens (talk) 00:24, 12 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi Matanya, fyi, in the case of this block see this talk especially DaB.'s statement here. mIt is a proxy but not an open one. Thanks, have a nice time a a happy new year! -jkb- 23:44, 27 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, Lifted the block. Matanya (talk) 07:04, 28 December 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Matanya, thank you for lifting the block of my static ip address 188.8.131.52, according to the statements mentioned by User:-jkb-. Unfortunately, you only lifted it on meta.wikimedia.org, but you didn't lift the global block. I ask you to lift the global block as well. Thank you. --Ex462032178 (talk) 16:56, 29 December 2018 (UTC)
Hi, Matanya. Please, delete my userpage on en.wiktionary . I want the content from my Meta userpage to be there. I wrote this message earlier to Tegel, he answered me (they have active admins), then I replied (I am blocked there + explanation)  but in the meantime he left. I don't know when he'll be back (maybe in a month?), then I saw You, You are now active... Kubura (talk) 23:27, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, got tot see this now. I understand you are blocked locally, but per policy stewards are not allowed to work where local users with the needed right exist. Best Matanya (talk) 22:45, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- I had bad experiences with currently active ones: the good ones died or they are not present for years. If You understand me, I do not want to spam around with appeals/requests until I finally find some willing admin (if any!) who will promptly reply to my request. And still I can't be sure that the admin will fulfill my request at all.
- Question is that I am unable to post there on that project, since I am blocked. They even blocked my solely-for-communication account on that project as "block evasion". They might have turned off the option to receive the usertalkpage messages from other projects.
- They (admins on that project) are in position to play dumb with me and ignore my message(s), pretending that they never saw it. And protract the reply indefinitely.
- But, they are not allowed to play dumb with the stewards. So, please, forward them my request. And see how fast they will react. Best wishes, Kubura (talk) 21:37, 24 February 2019 (UTC)
Hey, could you please take a look at Special:GlobalRenameQueue/request/52695 and Special:GlobalRenameQueue/request/52733? Probably it's better if these requests are processed by someone familiar with he.wiki and/or knows Hebrew. Thanks :-)--Sakretsu (talk) 22:31, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
- Almost forgot, also there is this one which is on hold since different days.--Sakretsu (talk) 22:35, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
Need help getting the feature needed to enable mentorship installed at Hebvoy
Hi Matanya. As you probably know, I am currently the only admin at the Hebrew Wikivoyage. I have been the most active user there since it was launched in 2013 and created the vast infrastructure of the wiki almost entirely by myself, with the hopes that a community of editors would eventually form (it hasn't so far). Over the years, although we had several active editors whom helped write some excellent articles, most of them eventually left. The most active user except for me (Dekel), is now active only once in a long while because he is now doing his mandatory military service.
Recently a new editor joined the Hebrew Wikivoyage whom, unfortunately, seems to be causing more harm than good (I am starting to suspect this is an old troll we had whom got banned, but I do not have access to the necessary tools to prove it). As a result, I find myself investing too much time daily investigating and cleaning up the changes he makes throughout the main space (he is very active). Yesterday, after he pointed out to me that he intends to add mostly raw machine translations without rephrasing them and does not care much about investing the time in writing content of higher quality, I finally understood that we might have no other choice but to have an "involuntary mentorship process" for him, which means that he would only be capable of creating draft articles in his user space during the involuntary mentorship process period, and that his work would be added only after it is complete, reviewed, and approved (this option exists in the Hebrew Wikipedia especially for such instances).
To my understanding, the feature needed to prevent specific users from editing the main space needs to be installed and the process of getting it installed is somewhat problematic in this case, mainly because we do not actually have a large active community that can vote on whether to adopt this feature or not + opening a discussion about importing such a feature together with the new editor will be, in my opinion, awkward and counter productive.
- I am being helped. ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 06:38, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
My admin status expired yesterday at the Hebrew Wikivoyage
Unfortunately, we still have a very small active community at hebvoy, and one of our main users is in the military, so the discussion around extending my admin rights (after being an admin there for over 6 years!) wasn't held by 30 people. I added a request at Steward requests/Permissions that a Steward would extend it by one more year based on that discussion at hebvoy but was told as a reply "I can not see any discussion at that page". What can be done at this point about this matter? ויקיג'אנקי (talk) 22:25, 29 September 2019 (UTC)