Jump to content

User talk:Nicole Ebber (WMDE)

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello Nicole Ebber (WMDE), and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing! Ottava Rima (talk) 18:23, 11 March 2010 (UTC)Reply

User page?[edit]

Dear Nicole,

It would be lovely if you could add a few words about yourself :-) I look forward to seeing you again soon. SJ · talk | translate

Hi Nicole. Wollte nur Fragen ob die Weiterleitungen gelöscht werden sollen? --WizardOfOz talk 18:18, 10 November 2010 (UTC)Reply

Chapters news on Main Page Goings-on[edit]

Why not just add that to Template:Main Page/WM News? You don't need to be an admin to modify it. πr2 (t • c) 20:31, 10 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

Do you want to have a separate section for chapters news? πr2 (t • c) 20:32, 10 April 2013 (UTC)Reply
Hi and sorry for being late. Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if I am like "allowed" to add this kind of news there. :) As long as we don't we don't have a task force for those chapter related news, I am totally fine with adding them on the general goings-on section. Cheers! --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 20:07, 21 May 2013 (UTC)Reply

Danke![edit]

Danke für die vollständige Übersetzung :) notafish }<';> 07:25, 30 May 2013 (UTC)Reply

Gern geschehen. Der Dank gilt natürlich auch Cornelius Kibelka. :) --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 10:41, 30 May 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thank you[edit]

I saw you translated my statement into German. I appreciate your time doing that. Thank you. MBisanz talk 20:33, 31 May 2013 (UTC)Reply

My pleasure. :) --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 17:35, 2 June 2013 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Chapters Survey. :)[edit]

Hello Nicole!

I am running a small research study for WCA and Wikimania 2013 and I would like to ask you for a favour. :)

I have created a following draft: Wikimedia Chapters Association/Research/Survey 1 - the idea is that particular chapters could easily give their answers in their pace simply by editing a subpage dedicated to their own organization.

Before I create their subpages I would like to consult with you about the questions - I still feel I might have some improvements here. :) I do not want to ask to many questions as the people may stop responding completely but I would like to ask you what question would you add, change, remove? :)

Aaand certainly I could count on you and your chapter in filling the forms? :)

Best Regards!

aegis maelstrom δ 14:10, 5 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

  • Thanks for your response. :) Your help will be vital - this is too much data mining for one volunteer with somewhat limited time, I am afraid, but it would be cool to do that. Your subpage is here. :)
Best,
aegis maelstrom δ 15:29, 15 July 2013 (UTC)Reply
I have added some Feedback here. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 19:00, 16 July 2013 (UTC)Reply
Thanks! I've tried to respond best I could. Honestly, if you have any ideas or requirements for Chapters' Dialogue, shoot, I will try to adjust. It is for a sake of co-operation, after all. :)
aegis maelstrom δ 17:13, 17 July 2013 (UTC)Reply

Chapters Dialogue Results Made Public?[edit]

It would be nice to have a list of the statements/sticky notes you and Kira prepared from your research for the Chapter's Dialogue so we can use this data for further research and examination. I'm going to send you an email with my further thoughts on this but also wanted to post it publicly. OR drohowa (talk) 13:54, 30 April 2014 (UTC)Reply

Hey Dorothy, yes of course, it will all be made public in May/June. Please stay tuned! :) --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 15:20, 30 April 2014 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Conference 2015 participatioɲ[edit]

Hello; When and how can participate to Wikimedia Conference 2015 thank you --Touzrimounir (talk) 13:55, 22 January 2015 (UTC)Reply

Hi! In coordination with the WMF, we will announce the invitation criteria within the next two weeks. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 16:24, 22 January 2015 (UTC)Reply
thank you --Touzrimounir (talk) 21:36, 22 January 2015 (UTC)Reply

Copyright problem with File:CLUBOFFICE-Logo-quer.jpg[edit]

Thank you for uploading File:CLUBOFFICE-Logo-quer.jpg. However, it currently is missing information on its copyright status. It may be deleted soon, unless we can determine the license and the source of the file. If you know this information, then you can add a copyright tag to the image description page.

If you have uploaded other files, consider checking that you have specified their license and tagged them, too. You can find a list of files you have created in your upload log. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them at this page. Thanks again for your cooperation. —MarcoAurelio 10:20, 9 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Hi MarcoAurelio, thanks for this notice. Please go ahead and delete the file right away. We used this logo in 2012 for the Wikimedia Conference, as it was hosted in the premises of Club Office. They allowed us to use the logo, but I do not have a written agreement regarding the copyright status. Thanks! --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 20:46, 11 August 2015 (UTC)Reply
Hallo. I've deleted the file. Thanks for your response. Best regards. —MarcoAurelio 20:49, 11 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Merry Christmas and happy new year[edit]

Merry Christmas and happy new year. (:

--Pine


Thanks so much, Pine! That's really lovely. Happy new year to you, too. :) --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 17:12, 6 January 2016 (UTC)Reply

Article indirectly inspired by conference[edit]

FYI: en:Talk:Legal High (book)#Genesis at Wikimedia Conference 2017. - Bri (talk) 19:15, 18 April 2017 (UTC)Reply

Hehe, that's cool, thanks for the note! --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 22:51, 20 April 2017 (UTC)Reply

When you return from vacation[edit]

Hi Nicole, when you return from vacation, please see:

  1. Talk:WALRUS/March 2018#Preparation for the April meeting
  2. https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wiki-research-l/2018-March/006234.html

Thanks, --Pine 19:39, 27 March 2018 (UTC)Reply

Hi Nicole, please see the discussion in the thread https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wiki-research-l/2018-March/006234.html which I mentioned above. Also, please respond to https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-May/090367.html regarding the Structures and Systems prong of the strategy track, and to Micru's implied question in https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-May/090375.html regarding how to add new ideas into the strategy process. Thank you, --Pine 03:40, 1 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

Application[edit]

Hi. There seems to be a problem with the application for Strategic Groups -- it requests that name and email is filled out with numbers not letters. Thanks for the hard work on this! --Joalpe (talk) 23:41, 12 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

Ups, thank you for spotting this! We have now adjusted the form. --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 00:27, 13 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

You may wish to comment[edit]

Hi Nicole, I added a request on [1] that relates to the strategy project. You may have an opinion. If you wish to not proceed, I'll happily withdraw the request. --Philippe (talk) 01:17, 14 October 2018 (UTC)Reply

Empfehlungen der Arbeitsgruppe Diversity[edit]

Hallo Nicole Ebber, da Du das Core-Team Strategy leitest, würde ich mich freuen, wenn Du vielleicht Stellung beziehen könntest zu den doch recht erstaunlichen Empfehlungen der Arbeitsgruppe Diversity. Ich wurde durch diese Diskussion darauf aufmerksam und das bemerkenswerte Zitat „The classic notion of an encyclopaedia and ‘universal knowledge’ needs to be discarded“ dürfte von den Wikipedianern wohl kaum mit freudiger Erwartung aufgenommen werden (Recommendation # 2, Q3a, Punkt 4). Die Empfehlungen nehmen auch ansonsten keine Gefangenen und wenden sich konkret gegen die ehernen Grundprinzipien wie WP:NPOV oder die freie Lizenzierung. Das lässt nicht wenige sprachlos zurück und wir fragen uns natürlich, was da möglicherweise auf uns zukommt. Ich gestehe offen, dass ich diese Strategie-Prozesse bislang nicht sonderlich verfolgt habe und viele andere wohl auch nicht. Zumindest im Kurier wurde das (meines Wissens) wohl auch nicht eingehend behandelt. Ich habe eine Diskussion hierzu eröffnet in der Hoffnung, dass mit etwas Aufklärung das alles nur wie ein böser Traum aussieht. Es lässt sich sicherlich vieles verbessern und es ist auch sinnvoll, solche Prozesse dazu anzustoßen. Aber die Grundprinzipien sollten doch nicht wirklich zur Debatte stehen, oder? Gerade nach WP:FRAMGATE wäre es hilfreich, wenn eine weitere Eskalationsspirale zwischen WMF und den Gemeinschaften vermieden werden könnte. Viele Grüße, AFBorchert (talk) 14:35, 12 August 2019 (UTC)Reply

Inzwischen gibt es einen von Tinz veröffentlichten Kurierartikel dazu: Strategy 2018-20: Ein WMF-Komitee empfiehlt, die Enzyklopädie abzuschaffen. Die Diskussion dazu läuft hier: de:Wikipedia Diskussion:Kurier#Strategy 2018-20: Ein WMF-Komitee empfiehlt, die Enzyklopädie abzuschaffen. Viele Grüße, AFBorchert (talk) 14:54, 12 August 2019 (UTC)Reply

Index of WMDE statements?[edit]

Hi. Do you happen to know if there's an index anywhere of official WMDE statements? I'm looking mostly for things like this and this. I find the statements to be unusually insightful, and would like to read more like that, other WMDE statements on major Wikimedia topics, if such a list is available. --Yair rand (talk) 05:52, 4 August 2020 (UTC)Reply

Hi Yair rand, thanks for reaching out. I am currently not aware of such an index, but let me try and find out more and get back to you. Best, --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 08:15, 4 August 2020 (UTC)Reply
Hello again, Yair rand. So from what I know there is no such index at the moment, but I have transferred your question into a todo for me and my team at WMDE. We'll create something over the next weeks and then I'll ping you again. In the meantime, some documents that still have some relevance and that you might also find insightful are our Feedback on to the FDC process from 2014, our Essay on Wikimedia's culture of sharing from 2012 and of course the outcomes of the Chapters Dialogue project I lead in 2013-14. Thanks again for the inspiration to create a collection. :) --Nicole Ebber (WMDE) (talk) 10:48, 10 August 2020 (UTC)Reply

Sunday July 16 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (Global Council focus, now available in ar, es, fr!)[edit]

SWAN: The Next Generation

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

We'll focus on strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates including Wikimania Singapore, Future of SWAN, Movement Charter/Content new sections (particularly Movement Charter/Content/Global Council), other activities you submit, and we will top it all off with a grand finale AI Happy Hour / Doom Hour!

This month we are meeting on Sunday July 16, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and
Note that we are now meeting on Zoom, with interpretation in the 2nd session in (Arabic) (Spanish) (French)--Pharos (talk) 02:44, 12 July 2023 (UTC)Reply

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter[edit]

This newsletter combines content from both June and July, due to a delay in sharing out the previous newsletter.

Updates:

  • Learn about MCDC’s work in May & June: as usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

What’s coming up?

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta wiki


--12:25, 30 July 2023 (UTC).

Movement Charter Drafting Committee's monthly newsletter: August 2023[edit]

Updates

  • Community consultation: The community consultation on the Global Council, Hubs, and the Glossary drafts is ongoing. We value your input, if you have not already, please take a moment to review the draft chapters and share your thoughts with the MCDC. We’ve posed open questions we would like your opinion on. Feel free to engage in a way that is most comfortable for you and your community. Learn more on our Diff blogs about the Global Council and Hubs.
  • Launch Party: On July 30 we hosted a Launch Party to share the Global Council and Hubs draft chapters. It was an inspiring event where we had the opportunity to listen to your feedback and address some of your questions. If you missed it, you can catch the recording on YouTube.
  • Community Conversations: We want to hear from as many people as possible. On July 16, the SWAN meeting opened its doors and offered an opportunity to interact with the MCDC members regarding the new drafts of the charter. Notes are available here. On July 28, a regional conversation with the Francophone community was held. Here comes a short summary here in English and French. Additionally, on August 2 we had a fruitful conversation with the LATAM region.
  • MCDC’s Work in July: As usual, the update includes information about the meetings held by the Committee in this month, as well as about the work that was completed and the ongoing work & discussions.

Upcoming

Subscribe to this newsletter on Meta-wiki


MCDC Support Team, 23:53, 14 August 2023 (UTC)

Reminder to vote now to select members of the first U4C[edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear Wikimedian,

You are receiving this message because you previously participated in the UCoC process.

This is a reminder that the voting period for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) ends on May 9, 2024. Read the information on the voting page on Meta-wiki to learn more about voting and voter eligibility.

The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) is a global group dedicated to providing an equitable and consistent implementation of the UCoC. Community members were invited to submit their applications for the U4C. For more information and the responsibilities of the U4C, please review the U4C Charter.

Please share this message with members of your community so they can participate as well.

On behalf of the UCoC project team,

RamzyM (WMF) 22:53, 2 May 2024 (UTC)Reply

Sunday June 23 Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting (WMF BoT statement on Movement Charter ratification)[edit]

A group of SWANs heading to the meeting

Hello everyone!

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a developing forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas about current developments in the Wikimedia Movement. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for further Wikimedia 2030 strategy process work.

At this meeting we will focus on the recent statement by the WMF Board of Trustees liaisons statement on the Movement Charter in which the liaisons stated that they will be recommending the Board of Trustees not to ratify the final draft of the Movement Charter. The community and affiliate votes on the ratification are supposed to start on Tuesday, 25 June. This meeting offers a venue to discuss the situation and formulate the "next steps".

This month, we are meeting on Sunday, June 23, and you are all invited to RSVP here.

UTC meeting times are and

Nadzik (talk) 16:35, 22 June 2024 (UTC)Reply

Wikimedia Foundation Bulletin June Issue 2[edit]


MediaWiki message delivery 20:00, 2 July 2024 (UTC)Reply

Reminder to vote now to ratify the Wikimedia Movement Charter[edit]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear Wikimedian,

You are receiving this message because you previously voted in the 2021 Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) election.

This is a reminder that if you have not voted yet on the ratification of the final Wikimedia Movement Charter draft, please do so by July 9, 2024 at 23:59 UTC.

You can read the final text of the Wikimedia Movement Charter in your language. Following that, check on whether you are eligible to vote. If you are eligible, cast your vote on SecurePoll.

On behalf of the Charter Electoral Commission,

RamzyM (WMF) 15:24, 5 July 2024 (UTC)Reply