New User Group
Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate on the chosen date, but I would have liked to introduce the new user group: Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group. Amqui (talk) 14:28, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for the note. I will add this to the agenda, even though you won't be here. Perhaps you can introduce the group at the next meeting. --Pine✉ 04:04, 16 March 2018 (UTC)
Edit this agenda
Preparation for the April meeting
Pinging Pharos, Frank Schulenburg, and Kirill Lokshin: per discussion at the March meeting, for April the agenda should devote a significant percentage of the meeting to strategy. I suggest that the agenda go something like this:
- Welcome and overview of the agenda from the chair
- Ten second introductions from participants, instead of one minute updates
- Announcements, which should be kept to a minimum
- Strategy discussion, with the structure of this hopefully to be made clearer after Nicole Ebber (WMDE) returns from vacation and can provide more guidance about which subjects would be good to discuss. One point that Frank expressed interest in discussing was the "knowledge equity" prong of strategy and how that would relate to the resourcing of initiatives that affect English Wikipedia and German Wikipedia.
I also suggest that the meeting be scheduled for two hours instead of the usual one hour, and that the "raise hand" feature of Zoom be used by the chair and the Zoom host to moderate who speaks when and for how long.
Note taking will be more important than usual for this meeting, so I suggest that multiple people collaborate on maintaining notes in real-time in a Google Doc or similar software. After the meeting then the notes can be copied to Meta.
Per discussion at the March meeting, the options for scheduling the April meeting in Doodle should all be for approximately one week in advance of WMCON. More than one week in advance would probably be okay too, although I suggest no more than two weeks in advance because I think that waiting for guidance from Nicole would be useful and Nicole may need some time after she returns from vacation to provide that guidance.
I will not be coordinating this preparation myself since I have lots of other responsibilities that need my attention, so hopefully others will be willing to set up the meeting. However, I will put my notes from the March meeting onto Meta.
Frank, thanks for suggesting strategy as a topic for discussion.
- Addendum: someone else took notes from the March meeting at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/Walrus_March_2018. I made a few tweaks. --Pine✉ 19:11, 27 March 2018 (UTC)