Date and time
We'll meet for a pan-USA Wikimedia local activists chat on Monday, March 26 at 6:00 PM Pacific / 9:00 PM Eastern.
Zoom videoconference information
Getting set up with Zoom
- We will use a meeting tool called Zoom instead of Google Hangouts. Please sign up for an account on www.zoom.us and then take a look at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac
- Note that Zoom provides a telephone interface and that the Zoom software applications are proprietary; use the telephone interface if you care about your freedom.
How to join the meeting
PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Chromebook or Android:
- US: +16699006833,,880217517# or +16465588656,,880217517#
- Dial: US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 (international numbers available)
- Meeting ID: 880 217 517
Chair & secretary for this month
- Meeting host for Zoom: Pharos
- Meeting chair: RachelWex. Guidelines for the chair are at WALRUS/Guidelines for chairs of online monthly meetings.
- Meeting secretary for minutes: Pine
- 0:00 - 0:01 - Welcome and brief overview of the agenda - led by the meeting chair
- 0:02 - 0:20 - "One minute updates" from each chapter and user group. - led by the meeting chair
- 0:21 - 0:22 - brief mention of Wikimedians of North American Indigenous Languages User Group - led by Pine
- 0:23 - 0:24 - brief update about the project that is currently named LearnWiki: name change; timeline; financing - led by Pine
- 0:25 - 0:29 - Update about Wiki Education Foundation activities and financial situation - led by Frank Schulenburg
- 0:30 - 0:34 - Update about OCLC Wikipedia + Libraries project - led by Monikasj (tentative)
- 0:35 - 0:38 - Wikimedia Conference 2018 and usergroups - group discussion
- 0:39 - 0:43 - Art+Feminism review - led by Pharos
- 0:44 - 0:48 - Wiki Loves Pride 2018 - led by RachelWex
- 0:49 - 0:54 - Planning Great American Wiknic for June or July - led by Pharos
- 0:55 - 0:59 - Discussion about how to keep these meetings happening each month - led by Pine
Possible agenda items suggested - add your own
- 1Lib1Ref in January-February
- Black WikiHistory Month in February
- Encouraging new Wikimedia user groups in Minnesota, LA, New Mexico, Library, etc.
- Rapid Grants for small groups up to $2k
- WikiConference North America 2018 - Ohio State University, October 18-21
Notes (via Etherpad)