Wikimedians Active in Local Regions of the United States
WALRUS (Wikimedians Active in Local Regions of the United States) is a United States-based coalition of individuals and organizations in support of editing Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects. If you would like to participate in regional coordination of the United States Wikimedia community, or if you are seeking support in organizing a national Wikimedia program, then consider joining WALRUS as an individual, or a community of Wikimedia contributors, or as an institutional partner.
- As an individual
- WALRUS accepts organizations as members. To participate in WALRUS either join or start a Wikimedia organization.
- Join the WALRUS email list
- Join the monthly online meeting
- As a Wikimedia community group
- Sign up on the membership list for organizations
- If you are hosting a multi-site event or ongoing program, ask WALRUS for support
- If you are seeking endorsement, perhaps in applying for a grant, ask WALRUS for support
- As an organization
- Universities should contact Wiki Education Foundation for special support for wiki in classroom
- Cultural institutions, including libraries and museums, should have a representative contact a Wikimedian doing something similar for a chat and referral
- In Strategy 2030
Programs and events
WALRUS supports the programs and events which member organizations and individuals organize. Those organizations keep their own documentation for the programs.
More popular recurring programs and events include the following:
- Black History Month
- Women's History Month
- Wiki Loves Pride
- Great American Wiknic
- en:WP:Wikipedia Day / Public Domain Day