Wikimedians of Los Angeles
|New to Wikimedia? You can connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to learn about upcoming meetups and get involved!|
Wikimedians of Los Angeles is a Wikimedia user group in Los Angeles, California. This group aims to support and encourage Wikimedians in Greater Los Angeles, which encompasses five counties in Southern California: Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino, and Riverside—but all Wikimedians and Wikimedia enthusiasts in Southern California are welcome to join our group! This is the next step in the evolution of the informal Los Angeles meetups team that has been coordinating edit-a-thons and other events in the Los Angeles area for the past several years.
Objectives and activities
- Promote the use of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects by people in and around Los Angeles
- Coordinate Wikimedia-related community activities and outreach in the Greater Los Angeles Area
- Encourage the use of Wikimedia projects in education in the Greater Los Angeles Area
- Support the existing work of the Art + Feminism user group in Los Angeles
To be notified of upcoming meetups and events in the Los Angeles area, add your name to our mailing list.
You can also contact Wikimedians of Los Angeles on our Talk page and connect with us through these channels:
Wikipedia Day LA, January 27th, Ace Hotel! Date is subject to change. Get involved!
- Full list of past events and meetups in Los Angeles
- March 31, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the California African American Museum (Exposition Park). Focus: Women artists in CAAM's collection. 1–4pm.
- March 17, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at LACMA (Miracle Mile). Focus: Women+Design+Craft. Noon–5pm.
- March 10, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the Hammer Museum (Westwood). Focus: Women+Film+Media. Noon–5pm.
- March 9, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the Vincent Price Art Museum (Monterey Park). Focus: Latinx Women + Non-Binary Artists. Noon–4pm.
- March 3, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the ICA Los Angeles (DTLA). Focus: Women+Comedy. Noon–5pm.
- February 24, 2019: Wikipedia Day LA 2019
- Sept. 30, 2018 7th Annual LA Wiknic
- July 30, 2018 WikiLovesPride meetup at Cuties Coffee with East of Borneo and Dirty Looks
- May 18, 2018 WikiWomen Edit-a-thon at NeueHouse Hollywood, organized by NowThis and Paramount Network's American Woman.
- March 25, 2018 Art+Feminism 2018: Women in Film edit-a-thon and panel discussion at LACMA with East of Borneo, Noon–5pm.
- March 31, 2018 Wikipedia Day LA 2018: LA on Record, 10:00 - 5:00 pm, Ace Hotel, DTLA
Participants and supporters
Are you interested in being part of Wikipedians of Los Angeles? Add your username below!
- PKM (talk · contribs)
- Penny Richards (talk) 00:59, 1 April 2018 (UTC)
- Calif.DonTracy (talk) 05:05, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- JSFarman (talk) 16:18, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- StaceyEOB (talk) 17:19, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- Siarus1074 (talk) 17:21, 2 April 2018 (UTC)
- Marykat23 (talk) 19:46, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 11:28, 27 April 2018 (UTC)
- Calliopejen1 (talk) 17:56, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Anotherarchivist (talk) 19:00, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Seppi333 (Insert 2¢) 19:09, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Sky Harbor (talk) 04:02, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- NatGertler (talk) 19:24, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
- EndlessLupita (talk) 04:33, 31 July 2018 (UTC)
- Asteres (talk) 04:50, 31 July 2018 (UTC)
- Chuck Entz (talk) 03:08, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Furicorn (talk) 03:47, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Guy Macon (talk) 06:12, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Trackinfo (talk) 15:19, 23 September 2018 (UTC)
- IndiaInx (talk)
- Anotherarchivist (talk) 20:32, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
- Tinkermen (talk) 19:35, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- 2019 - for the period of June 2018 to June 2019
- Inside a Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon (KCRW Press Play)
- The Artists the Internet Almost Forgot (The Getty Iris)
- Editing Wikipedia, One African-American Artist at a Time (KPCC Radio)
- Past to Present: Unforgetting L.A. Uses Wikipedia as an Activist Art Platform (KCET Artbound)
- 10 Best L.A. Art Experiences of 2015 (L.A. Weekly)
- Black Artists Get Wikipedia Pages at Last, Thanks to an Edit-a-Thon (L.A. Weekly)
- Academics Continue Flirting With a Former Foe: Wikipedia (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Wikipedia Becomes a Battleground for Art Activism (L.A. Weekly)