Hi there, GerardM, I am a facilitator for the Board election. I saw you submitted your candidacy for the Board of Trustees. The facilitation team added the Evaluation form to the candidate page just today. I wanted to draw your attention to that so you might complete it. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:30, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election
Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.
The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.
Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:33, 27 June 2021 (UTC)
- Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:27, 1 July 2021 (UTC)
Proof of Identity still needed for Board of Trustee Candidacy
Hi there! I see that you have not yet submitted your proof of identity. Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:
- Driver's license
- Other official documentation indicating real name and age
This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-infowikimedia.org. Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.
Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activities
I am writing to you about several things:
1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.
2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.
3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcacwikimedia.org if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctrwikimedia.org so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.
Now that the elections are open I've been considering how to cast my vote(s). As I recognised your name, having seen you active at a number of wikis, I almost expected to be casting a vote for you. Sadly your candidacy seems the most cursory of the lot and, as things stand, I have no idea what a vote for you would represent. I'm sorry to say I'll be voting for other candidates. Cabayi (talk) 12:37, 18 August 2021 (UTC)
Thread reagarding script rendition
Hello Gerard. I'm B.Jankuloski, the bureaucrat from mk.wiki. Could you please see this Wikidata discussion relating to script adjustments we have been discussing some years ago. I have found an example of the correct rendition for Macedonian cursive/italics and I am enquiring there if there is a way to implement it for the whole mk.wiki, as per that conversation. I've also looped Nemo bis into this. It will be much appreciated by our community if the thing can be done. --B. Jankuloski (talk) 03:25, 21 September 2021 (UTC)
- The answer by Lydia is great.. GerardM (talk) 04:50, 22 September 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the answer! How do we go about implementing it on our wiki? Is there somebody that is technically capable/knowledgeable to implement this on mk.wiki, such as yourself, @Nemo bis: or a third person? Because none of us are, unfortunately. Lydia refered me to you about this. --B. Jankuloski (talk) 10:51, 22 September 2021 (UTC)
Merry Christmas 2021
Leadership Development Working Group applications open until 10 April 2022
Hello, I hope you're well. I was hoping to share the below message with you and your talk page guests, as the call for applications for this working group is closing soon.
The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Working Group. The purpose of the working group is to advise leadership development work. Feedback was collected in February 2022 and a summary of the feedback is on Meta-wiki. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and is closing soon on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.
Use of pictures for non-commercial purposes
Hi Gerard, I saw that you made a lot of stunning pictures which are being used on Wikipedia. As I am currently making an encyclopedia for our fishing club website and thus need some good pictures of all kind of fish species, I would like to ask for your permission to use some of your pictures for this purpose. To be honest, I haven't got any experience so far when it comes to using pictures from other people or external sources in general, but as I know that you can make many, potentially expensive mistakes when it comes to copyright infringements, I would like to make sure that I legally use these pictures. Is it possible to contact you to discuss the matter? Thank you in advance and best regards Florian 184.108.40.206 09:45, 12 November 2023 (UTC)