User talk:ProtoplasmaKid

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | ပအိုဝ်ႏဘာႏသာႏ | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | Qaraqalpaqsha | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | ລາວ | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | Norfuk / Pitkern | polski | português | português do Brasil | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | संस्कृतम् | sicilianu | سنڌي | Taclḥit | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ꠍꠤꠟꠐꠤ | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча / tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha / ўзбекча | vèneto | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello Ivanmartinez, and welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). If you would like, feel free to ask me questions on my talk page. Happy editing! Saloca 04:05, 5 April 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Editor Appeal[edit]

Hi Ivanmartinez, thanks for volunteering to write your editor letter! Please let me know if you have any questions about the project, or want to touch base. --Deniz (WMF) 20:32, 5 November 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

2nd Wikimedia Mexico meeting[edit]

Tengo que admitir, estuvo muy impresionada con la reunion del sábado. Yo esperaba algo mucho menos formal y casi completamente social. No tenía la menor idea que hubiera gente en Mexico tan adicta .... um..... dedicada :D como yo en promover contendio sobre Mexico en WP. También no sabiá que hubiera muchas cosas que una organización formal puede ser. Dos cosas que quería ver es convencer el gobierno de donar imagenes de México de sus archivos (como el gobierno de Alemania hizo) y crear programa permitir alumnos hacer su servicio social trabajando con WP. Puede aplicar a muchas carreras que tienen pocas opciones, como las artes graficas además lo obvio (los idiomas, historia, etc, etc, etc.) Otra posibilidad puede ser networking con las varias organizaciones de extranjeros en el país (pienso principalmente en los de norteamericanos en San Miguel Allende y cerca de Lago Chapala que tienen muchos educados) para ayudar en temas mexicanos en inglés.

I am very anxious to do something! ah pues... mi esposo dice que no tengo paciencia.:DThelmadatter 16:39, 8 November 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Lista de Contactos[edit]

Que tal Iván, un saludo y excelente que ya hayamos realizado el II Encuentro con esa asistencia. Para comentarte que aún no me ha llegado la lista de los asistentes, para ponernos en contacto. Me comentabas que ya existía una lista de distribución? Si no es así creamos una, aunque sea temporal yo tengo dominios web con posibilidad de crearla. Por otra parte me gustaría platicar sobre los Estatutos, antes de traducirlos. Saludos!!

Acrux 18:30, 10 November 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Social Media Translations[edit]

Hey Ivan, I wanted to thank you for the corrections you made to the translated tweets. I appreciate it. - Deniz (WMF) 00:06, 17 November 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi Ivan, thanks for all of your translation help. Any chance that you can proofread the core messages and mark them as ready? Thanks!Klyman 17:51, 24 November 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Wowza! That was fast!Klyman 18:19, 24 November 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Translation Update[edit]

I want to thank you for your help translating throughout this year's fundraiser. The fundraiser has greatly benefited from all your contributions. Currently, the Kartika, Liliaroja, Abbas and Joan Gomà appeals need to be translated, as we are running appeals from editors. You can find all translation requests at the translation hub on meta and you can follow the progress of the fundraiser in real time by tracking the fundraiser statistics. It is important to check the Core Messages as many languages still need updating. Also if you haven't already, you can subscribe to the translators-l mailing list for all new requests and major changes. Many thanks for your help in truly making this a global fundraiser that you can edit.Klyman 18:58, 7 December 2010 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you![edit]

I would like to thank you for all of your help translating and organizing translators during this fundraiser. Every time I sent out a request, the translation was completed in record time. Your collaboration was paramount to the success of the campaign and personally, made my job a very pleasant one. I wish you well in the year ahead and hope our paths cross again.Klyman 22:47, 20 January 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Another Thank You[edit]

Hi Ivan, I wanted to also thank you for all your graphic banner submissions during the fundraiser. They were really great graphics, and we appreciate the time you put into creating them. We couldn't have done it without you! - Deniz (WMF) 21:10, 26 January 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hola Iván: He creado un nuevo espacio para tratar asuntos sobre las lenguas de México, no se ¿Cómo te parece?. Un abrazo.--Marrovi 17:48, 5 March 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hola Iván; Te mando el reporte de esta página de Wikipedia México Wikimedia México/Lenguas de México, hice algunos areglos para tener un mejor control de las ediciones. Saludos y nos mantenemos en contacto. --Marrovi 18:40, 24 October 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimania 2013 Bidding[edit]

Dear editor,

You are getting this message because you have edited a Wikimania bidding page for 2013.

Many have said that the bidding needs to be brought forward to give teams longer to organise the conference, to enable it to be run more professionally and smoother and to give teams more time to arrange things like sponsorship which can take significant amounts of time. This year an active effort is being made to bring the start of official bidding to before the fundraiser (around September/October, to have a longer bidding period that will run till the end of January and a decision made by the end of February.

Although this clashes with the fundraiser, the significantly longer bidding period is to give those teams from chapters involved in the fundraiser more time. It should hopefully allow teams to create better and more detailed bids. Going forward the idea would be that eventually the bidding would occur entirely before the fundraiser. I though it best to not jump immediately to this to not catch teams off guard.

Just to recap: Bidding will start in September/October and not in January

Any thoughts and comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Seddon 12:09, 1 June 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Translator, We need you![edit]

Dear ProtoplasmaKid,

You have helped us in previous years with translations and for that we are most grateful. Now we turn towards the 2011/12 fundraiser. It may seem forever away, but work has already begun getting everything ready to go. This year we want to have landing pages covering as many countries in as many languages as possible.

Right now, we want to figure out who is interested in translating for the fundraiser. This year we're hoping to have more of a solidified "core" group of translators that we can count on to have work done by a few key dates, but we'd also welcome help from people who are willing to just help out when they can.

If you would be interested please take a look at this little sign-up survey and fill it out With that we can start building a list of people and filling any gaps in the languages we serve.

Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon (User:Jseddon (WMF))

Production Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation
Jseddon (WMF) 00:47, 9 July 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]


Hola, el día de ayer se tuvo una video-conferencia con miembros de la academia de lenguas mayas de Guatemala, para dar inicio de a la Wikipedia en cakchiquel, nos conectamos bastantes personas para confinar detalles, Julio de Mérida por mozilla en maya nos apoyó dentro de la conferencia bastante, fue un exito la charla. --Marrovi 04:53, 3 October 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Claro que si, así lo haré. Estamos en contacto. --Marrovi 20:07, 3 October 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Change in translations[edit]

Hi, and thank you for your activity with fundraiser translations so far!! I have one small request to make: We had to change three of the appeals; the change is the same in all of them, and the replacement text is quite short, so I don't want to e-mail people just to fix that, and that's why I'm asking you instead. It would be great if you could do the following fixes in Mexican Spanish:

Since these are small changes you don't have to go through the cycle of having it proofread and everything, unless you are unsure about the translation. Thanks in advance. :-) Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 05:04, 27 October 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Solicitud de inscripción en Iberocoop.[edit]

Hace un mes mandé a la lista de coreo de Iberocoop la solicitud de inscripción de Amical Viquipèdia. Galio me comentó por correo que había problemas en la lista por lo que una semana mas tarde colgué una copia de la solicitud en la página de discusión de Iberocoop.

Como no hemos recibido todavía ningún comentario supongo que la lista sigue con problemas y quizá nadie tiene vigilada la página de Iberocoop. Por ello os dejo este mensaje a un representante de cada uno de los chapters participantes.

Si os parece podemos mantener en la página de discusión los comentarios i el diálogo que creáis oportunos. --Gomà 10:53, 10 November 2011 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A barnstar for you![edit]

This barnstar is given to you for your help with the 2011 fundraiser translation.
This barnstar is given to you for your help with the 2011 fundraiser translation.

Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.

And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.

Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 14:29, 24 January 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]


He tenido el placer de inaugurarlo :-) me refiero a esto. Saludos.--Marctaltor (talk) 22:17, 20 June 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Translation notification: Global bans[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to Spanish on Meta. A new page, Global bans is available for translation. Please translate it here:

The priority of this page is medium.

[Mensaje por proceso automático]

Hola. Se le envía este mensaje porque usted se ha dado de alta en el sistema de notificaciones de traducciones de Meta.

Os invitamos a finalizar la traducción y revisión de la política Global bans, pues ésta empezará a ser debatida para su aprobación final y la página en español se encuentra bastante desactualizada.

Si tiene tiempo y ganas se le invita a colaborar en el proceso.

Un cordial saludo.

Thank you!

Meta translation administrators‎, 12:41, 29 June 2012 (UTC)

Translation notification: Wikimedia Highlights, June 2012[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to Spanish and Portuguese on Meta. A new page, Wikimedia Highlights, June 2012 is available for translation. Please translate it here:

The priority of this page is medium. The deadline for translating this page is 2012-09-15.

This is the first large-scale notification from the system you signed up to a little while ago (thank you!). If you are experiencing any trouble with the notification system at all, please post it on [1], or post a bug in Bugzilla if you are familiar with it.

Thank you!

Meta translation administrators‎, 13:13, 26 July 2012 (UTC)

Translation notification: Wikimedia Highlights, June 2012[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to Spanish and Portuguese on Meta. A new page, Wikimedia Highlights, June 2012 is available for translation. Please translate it here:

The priority of this page is medium. The deadline for translating this page is 2012-09-15.

This is the first large-scale notification from the system you signed up to a little while ago (thank you!). If you are experiencing any trouble with the notification system at all, please post it on [2], or post a bug in Bugzilla if you are familiar with it.

Thank you!

Meta translation administrators‎, 13:13, 26 July 2012 (UTC)

Translation notification: Fundraising 2012/Translation/Donor email response[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to Spanish on Meta. A new page, Fundraising 2012/Translation/Donor email response is available for translation. Please translate it here:

The priority of this page is high. The deadline for translating this page is 2012-08-15.

Hello Translators

I just want to thank you for volunteering and to say how appreciative I am of the work translator do, in particular with the fundraiser. It is nothing short of vital.

Our first big test of the year is going to be dedicated to the Spanish language and so over the coming days you'll receive a number of translation requests. For the moment the goal is insuring that all donor communications are fully translated. These quick steps will help get you started:

  • Click on the "translate to Spanish" link above
  • Double click the message you want to translate
  • Type your translation, click save and repeat.

The Fundraising team are also looking for local testers and proofreaders in the spanish language to help us throughout the year.

If you would be interested in helping us please email me (jseddon at, post on my meta talk page [1] or post on the talk page of the fundraiser translation hub [2]. Feel free to post any questions, comments or feedback about the new translation extension on the same talk page as well [2].

You should receive one more notification after this. I will try and keep the notification traffic down as best I can.


Thank you!

Meta translation administrators‎, 11:25, 1 August 2012 (UTC)

Translation notification: Fundraising 2012/Translation/Donor information pages[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

You are receiving this notification because you signed up as a translator to Spanish on Meta. A new page, Fundraising 2012/Translation/Donor information pages is available for translation. Please translate it here:

The priority of this page is high. The deadline for translating this page is 2012-08-15.

Hello Translators

Just sending the second page in preparation for the Spanish fundraising test

As always if you have any questions, comments or feedback please email me (jseddon at, post on my meta talk page [1] or post on the talk page of the fundraiser translation hub [2].


Thank you!

Meta translation administrators‎, 11:28, 1 August 2012 (UTC)

Translations - Fantasic[edit]

Dear Spanish Translators,

Whether or not you managed to get a transation in this time. I wanna just give my appreciation. Both translations were completed in under 12 hours which is well within the week target. Just simply fantastic.

I have one last favour to ask. As well as translations, can I really encourage people to proofread translations if it seems that all the translations are done. Proofreading is just as important as the translation itself to ensure we have the highest quality.

To proofread the two translation requests, click here and here.

Also we are still looking for volunteers to help us with local testing. Drop me a message on my talk page.

Thank you all :)
Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 14:03, 3 August 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]

WLM ZA[edit]

Hey ProtoplasmaKid, I want to point your attention to our Grant proposal. Time is running short, and we would like to finish the discussions on the grant, and start planning and organising the competition.

We hope to get a decision before the end of this work week.

Regards MADe (talk) 21:29, 6 August 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia Indigenous Languages[edit]

Glad to see you added your name on the page ! We should have the mailing list soon to start the discussion about the "official" creation. I'll keep you inform. Gracias, Amqui (talk) 04:23, 27 August 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Good day, the mailing list has been created for WIL and you are welcome to join: Gracias, Amqui (talk) 18:21, 1 September 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia Travel Guide: Naming poll open[edit]

Hi there,

You are receiving this message because you voiced your opinion at the Request for Comment on the Wikimedia Travel Guide.

The proposed naming poll opened a few days ago and you can vote for as many of the proposed names as you wish, if you are eligible. Please see Travel Guide/Naming Process for full details on voting eligibility and how the final name will be selected. Voting will last for 14 days, and will terminate on 16 October at 06:59:59 UTC.

Thanks, Thehelpfulone 22:05, 6 October 2012 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Fundraising translation feedback[edit]

Hey ProtoplasmaKid,

I wanted to ask for your help. As you may be aware we have been running banners on many language wikis. We have a lot of new content this year and I really want to conduct a thorough review of our translations. This is a combination of feedback from the community, readers, donors as well as those with professional translator experience. This will help us ensure the highest quality of translations used in our messaging.

To help us out with this I wonder if you would be willing to give us feedback for Spanish using This Link

Simply follow the simple instructions on that page and if you have any questions feel free to contact me on my talk page.

Many Thanks

Jseddon (WMF) (talk) 20:19, 1 April 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Re:Temas a abordar en Iberoconf[edit]

Gracias Iván. No se si antes de ir a Milán me dará tiempo de añadir algo. Sino te lo comento allí in situ, o allí mismo se nos ocurren temas de interés durante las conversaciones. Un abrazo. --Millars (talk) 22:10, 8 April 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection[edit]

Hi. You indicated an interest in supporting The Wikinewsie Group. We are currently in the process of trying to determine the best time for a meeting to determine the composition of the provisional board of the organization. If you are interested in attending or possible running for the board, please go to The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings and indicate which time would be best for you by 26 April. We plan to announce the time for the board meeting based on greatest potential availability on 28 April. --LauraHale (talk) 04:30, 19 April 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection meeting time[edit]

Hi. This is to inform you that the meeting for the provisional board selection meeting for The Wikinewsie Group will take place in #wikinews-groupconnect on May 4, 2013 at 13:00 UTC, which is 8:00 in Mexico City, 9:00 in New York City, 15:00 in Berlin and 23:00 in Sydney. If you are interested in being on the provisional board but cannot attend, please comment at Talk:The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings to let the community know. --LauraHale (talk) 21:28, 26 April 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The Stethoscope: A Wiki Project Med Foundation Review (Issue 1)[edit]

Wiki Project Med Foundation

Wiki Project Med Foundation (WPMEDF) was formally incorporated in New York as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Our mission is bold like Wikipedia's: Imagine a world in which every single person is given free access to the sum of all medical knowledge." That's what we're doing.

In this newsletter:

  • Designing our logos and name: How and why we made them
  • Creating Our Board: Who's involved and what they're doing
  • Adding 70+ Interested members: Participants from all over the globe
  • Furthering ongoing projects: Expanding exciting in many directions at once
  • Proposing Wikimania presentations: Sign up for the talks that interest you
  • Taking on on social media: Up and running with outreach (plus business cards!)
  • Charting pathways for how you can help right now: a great list easy and important areas to contribute

Read the Full Newsletter

We aim to run The Stethoscope at least once per quarter and no more than once per month. We only send to people who already signed on as WikiProject Med or Wiki Project Medicine Foundation interested members/participants. If you do not want to receive the newsletter, please add your name here.

It's been a pleasure so far, and we have so much more to do. Wishing you happy Spring up North and pleasant Autumn down South.

--Jake and the rest of the Wiki Project Med Foundation Team, Ocaasi (talk) 20:02, 8 May 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

The first wiki-concert[edit]

Hi! Please express your opinion on the Grants:WM UA/Free Vocal Music concert, as the wiki-concert is planned on May, 15, and we need to know the GAC decision at least a day in advance. Thank you! --Perohanych (talk) 21:24, 11 May 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Request for comments[edit]

Hi ProtoplasmaKid, I'd like to solicit your comment on our pending grants:

-- Roel (talk) 07:06, 15 May 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia Chapters Survey[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

I would like to invite you and your chapter to take a part in a survey on WM Chapters. As I briefly explained, it is an effort agreed during WCA meetings, taken to start gathering information about us and present it visibly. First presentation will be given in Hong Kong.

I know it is an additional work and the survey could use more elaboration, but someone needed to start it. Survey can be responded on a dedicated meta subpage or in other form if it is more suitable for the chapter. Your subpage is here.

Thanks for your help,

aegis maelstrom δ 12:26, 18 July 2013 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey[edit]

Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.

Click here to be taken to the survey site.

The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.

Happy editing,

Siko and Haitham, Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation.

This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:45, 18 September 2013 (UTC)

Superprotect status[edit]

Dear ProtoplasmaKid, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:37, 12 September 2014 (UTC)Reply[reply]

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[edit]

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Last call for WMF grants feedback![edit]

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikipedia 15 Costa Rica[edit]

Hola, Iván. Noté te añadiste a lista de periodistas que reportarán sobre Wikipedia 15, y quise comentarte lo que haremos en Costa Rica. Lo celebraremos en Quesada (al norte de la capital) y queremos hacer algo sencillo pero especial. La noche del jueves hablaré sobre Wikipedia y su cumpleaños en vivo en un programa de radio regional (con otros miembros de WMCR presentes) y el viernes daremos charlas y celebraremos con pastel. He publicado los detalles en Wikipedia y en la lista de correo de WMCR. Si necesitas saber algún otro detalle, puedes contactarme. Saludos. --Allan Aguilar (talk) 20:54, 9 January 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Me temo que actualmente no hemos establecido contacto directo con ningún medio de comunicación, excepto con radio Santa Clara (una radio regional del norte del país) donde hablaremos por primera vez el jueves por la noche. Sin embargo, se me ocurre una lista de medios importantes a los que podrás enviar el boletín:
Muchas gracias por la gestión. En WMCR te agradeceríamos doblemente si puedes enviar el boletín a estos contactos antes del viernes. Los medios pueden verificar el lugar de las charlas en la página del encuentro en Wikipedia, el cual es un lugar de seguro conocido por los medios regionales. Avísame si lo enviarás tú mismo o si es necesario que nosotros enviemos el boletín.
Perdona por pedirte todo esto, pero nuestra experiencia en este tipo de actividades es nula. Saludos. --Allan Aguilar (talk) 22:09, 11 January 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review[edit]

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?[edit]

Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)Reply[reply]

Welcome, This a new project for Indigenous languages and Minority languages in the Americas, thank you for your participation in this program, you can to contact other Native-American people in Wikimedia and Wikipedias, See you next time.--Marrovi (talk) 18:00, 19 August 2016 (UTC)Reply[reply]


UY Scuti Talk 19:50, 3 February 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Your question[edit]

Hey ProtoplasmaKid,

Thanks for your Question in the board elections. A single meeting of a subset of chairs if of course not very representative (I understood less than half was actually present). If you ask such a loaded question, it would be good to accompany it with also proper numbers/statistics: a) how many of the chairs of the Wikimedia Chapters are male and b) the same question for the directors (as you indicate 'and leaderships'). Nuance is key on such sensitive topics. It would be much appreciated! Effeietsanders (talk) 06:57, 20 April 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hey Protoplasmakid,
Any progress on this front? I appreciate you agreed to look into this and am curious :) Effeietsanders (talk) 12:09, 1 May 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Training modules: Can you help us with translation?[edit]

Hello ProtoplasmaKid, hope all is well! As you may know, we at the Wikimedia Foundation's Support and Safety team are developing new training materials to help contributors deal with online harassment situations, and with problems at real life events. The final English version is now finished!

I'm wondering if you would be willing to help us translate content for these Training Modules into your language. We are targeting a minimum of ten languages for these modules, including the English original.

If the answer is yes, please let me know with a ping, or just get stuck in - either way, we would really appreciate your support! Joe Sutherland (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 18:12, 25 April 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello again! Just wanted to say thank you for offering to help on the Training Modules translation drive. This is just a gentle reminder that any help translating, even a few lines or messages, will get us closer to the goal of having these important materials available to more language communities. We are hoping to make progress on this by the end of the month. If you have any questions, or need assistance, I’m happy to chat.
Thanks again! Joe Sutherland (Wikimedia Foundation) (talk) 23:33, 10 May 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017][edit]

Whose Knowledge News
April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2
Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Resources lists
Wikimedia Movement:
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Thank you for participating in Wiki Loves the Olympics[edit]

Wiki Loves the Olympics
Thank you very much for participating in the writing challenge Wiki Loves the Olympics. More than 1000 articles were created and improved about the Olympic and Paralympic Games.

--Millars (talk) 16:40, 16 July 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017][edit]

Whose Knowledge News
July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3
Activities and Events:
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Emancipatory Design Research
Wikimedia Movement:
Letter from Buenos Aires
About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hello; In this page, is over second closure for Nahuatl Wikipedia. Regards.--Marrovi (talk) 23:08, 8 October 2017 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Get a postcard from one of the countries in red :)

Hello, Ivan! You receive this message because last year you took part in the CEE Women challenge. This year the challenge repeats, and it will take longer: from now until the end of May (about 10 weeks).

Please, feel invited to visit the page Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018/CEE Women and join the challenge again. Help have more notable women from Central and Eastern Europe in more language versions globally, including Spanish. We again have a list of ideas for biographic articles of women from all over the CEE.

What is different this year is that now you can set your own minimal number of articles as a measure of your challenge (i don't advise you to challenge yourself with more than 70 ;) 10-20 is perfect!). Also, you can receive as a prize a postcard not only from Bulgaria (as in 2017), but also from a list of countries from CEE and around the world. Apart of being a receiver, you can also opt to be a sender of postcards from your country to some of the other participants! That would also be awesome!

Thank you in advance for any contribution you make to CEE Women, and for spreading the word in your local wiki community! Love, Vassia / Spiritia 18:32, 24 March 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]


User:Cuiatl wrote this article nah:Gustavo Adolfo Becquer, this person no Mexican, no Indigenous people, but Wikipedia is a free and globalized encyclopedia, that is why I am not opposed to the publication of articles like these even though it has nothing to do with Mexican indigenous culture, it's a sing of the Huquipedia users are not native speakers of Nahuatl languages, they only invent texts and articles that nobody will be able to correct or to indicate mistakes, their references are invented words as Maxaliuhcayotl, in references was wrotten this text; quinezcayotia romanticismo (Ma xiquitta in tlahtoltecpanaliztli tehtlahtol). Maxalihuini (noihuan maxaliuhqui) quihtoznequi apasionado, romántico, embobado, embelesado nozo encaprichado.

Invented words in this article nah:Gustavo Adolfo Becquer; omontetl, tlahtollaliani, Maxaliuhcayotl [2], maxalihuini tlahuehcauhtli, ohuehhuechihualoc, zatepamaxalihuini[3], quixahcicaittac, itetlapanotlaliz, icennenahualiz, mahuizotl, Tlahtollaliztli, tlahtollotl, tlatocalli, tlacehcentlaliztli, amoxcuiloliztli, españayotl. (Electronic classical nahuatl dictionary Search here).

I tried in incubator to improve things but once again Akapochtli sought to close the way for anyone to tell of their wrongdoing in Huiquipedia. He says he writes in (nhn), Central Nahuatl, but you have just realized that Akapochtli has an ignorance of Central Nahuatl confusing it with classic Nahuatl, or manipulating the confusion to ignore the subject. It is regrettable that the amount of invented words and texts that only Akapochtli understands in Huquipedia continues to be defended. If Akapochtli wants to control everything in Huquipedia is because behind his arguments is the manipulation that will always attack any person who is aware of the errors and their bad work, and also for everything seeks blockades becoming the victim that blocks because it's assaulted.

If you are interested, we can review each article published in Huquipedia to show everything that is said there, and you will see the large number of words invented and texts with personal turns of mestizos without acesoría of native speakers, because Nahuatl is not equal to Spanish thought , I am already very tired, I am disillusioned with wikipedia and I do not have much encouragement to edit; but I have knowledge of the subject and for that reason I dare to give opinion, I feel bad that they are rejected of the projects only to clarify the truth, but I can not lie, that is part of my personal values.

Hello Steven, I am writing to you to see that in Huiquipedia there is no such correction or revision of each article, because anyone who ignores the Nahuatl languages ​​will not be able to realize the amount of errors in the editions.

Once AndresXXV is another Spanish-speaking mestizo with whom Akapochtli tries to manipulate the situation that is making a correct revision of the articles. Well today I was reading the article nah:Opuntia ficus-indica and I found a number of invented words that are not part of the vocabulary of Central Nahuatl or Classic Nahuatl, that does not deceive Akapochtli or AndresXXV of speaking Nahuatl languages, it is very sad that these people defend a project and have created a Nahuatl of them and not a Nahuatl that we have all studied in universities.

The structure of syntax and format corresponds to Spanish and never to Nahuatl languages. To begin with, the real Nahuatlatos do not understand or write in Latin, since the classification of the taxonomy in Latin and to name the plants and animals in Latin or scientific name It is typical of Spanish speakers and never of Nahua speakers; Nahua speakers would say nejpali, nojpali, nohpalli, nochtli, tenochtli, nohpalitl, panujle or tomojli, but never opuntia ficus-indica; Each Nahua language calls this plant in different ways as we have just seen.

in imacehualtoca nohpalli, according to AndrewXXV, did he say that the Indigeous people call, but what the natives call nohpalli? In Mexico there are many different groups to the Nahua people and also these are macehualli (indigenous people), buy Nahua people is nahuatlacah, as soon as nahuatlacah itoca nohpalli. Plant in Classical nahuatl and Central nahuatl is quilitl. Akapochtli or AndrewXXV invented the words centlamantli (object?), tlanelhuayotl (plant?), neneuhcayotl (category?) and ixipihtolli (description?), words that will never appear in Nahuatl dictionaries but only they understand them because native speakers and students of classical Nahuatl will never understand them (Electronic Classical nahuatl dictionary Search here).

I'm sorry that Steven is tricked all the time by Akapochtli to defend Huiquipedia, you just realized that Huiquipedia is an unsuccessful project that is edited by Hispanic students of Nahuatl and that the structure of the The language is Spanish language but never by native speakers of Nahuatl.

Nohpalli in Central Nahuatl (nhn) is like that, according to the John Sullivan's dictionary; Nohpalli or Nehpalli; ce tlamantli tzontli tlen eli zan cuatitlan huan millah; moquetza zancualtzin; ixihuiyo tilahuac, xoxoctic, pahpatlactic, huan quipiya miac ihuitzo. Inanan Carmela quichiuhqui nehpalli ica nacatl, huan mocauhqui tlahuel ahhuiac; page 332, Tlahtolxitlauhcayotl, 2016., Central Nahuatl is very, very different to Classical Nahuatl language. Regards! See you my friend. --Marrovi (talk) 00:42, 15 April 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sign-up for Whose Knowledge? on-line newsletter[edit]

Hi everybody,

We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.

See you all there!

With love & solidarity,

Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Celebremos en 2019 el año internacional de las lenguas indígenas[edit]

Please help translate to your language

Este año, oficialmente fue declarado por la ONU, como el año internacional de las lenguas indígenas; el cual consiste en el conocimiento, difusión, equidad y rescate de las lenguas originarias de las naciones del planeta. En este proyecto, también nos unimos a la celebración mundial de los derechos lingüísticos de los pueblos indígenas; ya que no es fácil dar a conocer y publicar todo el conocimiento primitivo de los pueblos originarios de las naciones modernas debido a que muchas lenguas están en el habla oral, escasamente escritas y con hablantes maternos, que en su mayoría son adultos mayores.

Lamentablemente, muchas lenguas nativas de cada país mueren todos los día; se estima que en el año 2050; se pueden extinguir más de la mitad de las lenguas del planeta, las más vulnerables son las lenguas indígenas. En este proyecto, se busca el apoyo de los usuarios para la publicación de palabras de origen primitivo y de origen indígena. Es un compromiso, con los pueblos indígenas de los cinco continentes, ayudar a revitalizar y usar las lenguas nativas de cada país en la vida cotidiana; así como el aprendizaje de las mismas; ya que es necesario conocer las lenguas indígenas para poder contribuir con su difusión y uso en todos los ámbitos de la política, de la educación y de los espacios virtuales con el objetivo de mantenerlas vigentes en la red global.

Con motivo de la conmemoración, nos gustaría que adoptes una lengua indígena dentro de este proyecto para poder contribuir con su vitalidad por muchos años más. Gracias.--Marrovi (talk) 23:45, 13 January 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wiki Project Medicine Foundation Membership[edit]

Membership renewal

Dear Wiki Project Med Supporter, you are receiving this message as you have shown interest in supporting Wiki Project Med in the past. As our organization grows and evolves, we want to be able to verify peoples ongoing interest in being involved. To that end, the board has decided to require renew of membership every two years. So -- whether you are a current member or not, please fill out our updated membership form, to ensure your membership till the end of 2020. Please note -- We ask that you fill out the form by Feb 3rd, as we are close to elections and only members can nominate themselves for the board and vote!

Best, Shani & Doc James. 01:57, 28 January 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Interview for Spanish Public Radio?[edit]

Hi ProtoplasmaKid,

Would you or a fellow Spanish language speaker be interested in being interviewed by Paloma Cortina of Spanish Public Radio (in Spanish) about the work of Wikimedia LGBT and Spanish language LGBT contributions to Wikipedia? If so, please contact her at @DramediasR3 on Twitter. Muchas gracias!

RachelWex (talk) 20:52, 5 February 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

A document[edit]

Can you kindly upload your article about "Colonial and postcolonial bias on Wikimedia" to Commons or email me? Regards, Winged Blades of Godric (talk) 09:01, 16 July 2019 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Primer intento de cerrar la Huiquipedia. Prácticamente inició la solicitud el 9 de abril de 2007 promovida por Node ue. Se prolongó por varios meses hasta que el steward FM-Warburg estableció un período de cierre del 18 al 25 de julio de 2007. El resultado fue "Permanece el proyecto".

Historial del primer intento de cerrar Huiquipedia. Es interesante revisar este historial debido a que, se entiende y se acepta, que después de su cierre NADIE debe alterar su contenido o agregar comentarios. Sin embargo el usuario Marrovi modificó e incluso BORRÓ información de esta propuesta, acciones que causan sanciones y que sorprende que no lo hayan detectado los administradores, quienes por lo menos deberían haber revertido esas ediciones de vandalismo.

Segundo intento de cerrar Huiquipedia. Solicitado por Marrovi el 7 de octubre del 2017. Cerrada la solicitud el 6 de noviembre del 2017 con la conclusión "Improcedente".

Una novela.

Esta wikipedia carece de calidad y hablantes nativos del idioma, por esa razón no prospera su contenido. Akapochtli no es hablante nativo de ninguna variante del náhuatl, es un estudiante de la lengua y reside en la ciudad de Guadalajara, es otro mestizo de los cientos de usuarios que ha tenido Huiquipedia. Al ser el mismo el que edita, por lógica la redacción está hecha para darse promoción así mismo al ser el principal editar de Huiquipedia, redactando aquí una novela y rivalidad con otro usuario (Marrovi), la historia del bueno y el malo. Si fui expulsado de Wikipedia en español por mis discusiones, pero no le da ningún derecho al usuario Akapochtli hablar mal de mi persona y mucho menos llevarlo a la redacción de los artículos para realizar un desprestigio. Allí existe mi expediente para que enteres de este desgastarte caso en mi contra.--Marrovi (talk) 22:15, 27 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

y el primer usuario hablante de náhuatl fue Akapochtli, un importante defensor de la Wikipedia náhuatl que mejoró y ayudó a los primeros usuarios o administradores a darle un sentido objetivo en este medio electrónico.

El 1 de julio del 2015 el usuario Marrovi llevando un proceso "controlado", impone una escritura simplificada para facilitar la edición a través de medios electrónicos. Durante 15 días manipula la votación, para obtener el resultado deseado (que quería imponer desde 2007)...'.

Hola Marco Aurelio saludos desde; yo solo le pedí al usuario que pusiera referencias reales y no referencias personales, por eso evadí mi bloqueo, no se vale que usa los artículos de wikipedia para desprestigiar personas. Una cosa es que Taichi apoye al usuario y otra muy diferente buscar todos los medios posibles para desprestigiarme, eso no es ético por mucho que tengan poder de bloqueos, por eso se insiste en que sea referenciado el artículo. Gracias por escuchar.--Marrovi (talk) 12:14, 28 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Ahora hace falta quitar del artículo principal el chisme y todo tipo de redacción de vanidad o de desprestigio hacia los usuarios, su lectura solo está referenciado por las notas que él mismo coloca como referencias, lo cual pone en discusión la veracidad de su contenido como una manipulación del mismo.--Marrovi (talk) 23:34, 27 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Para que usted pueda comprobar dicha manipulación, aquí están algunas referencias reales sobre Wikipedia en náhuatl, lo cual desmiente que Akapochtli es hablante nativo y su supuesta mejoría de contenido o trayectoria dentro de Huiquipedia. [3], [4], [5]. Muchas gracias por escuchar.--Marrovi (talk) 23:41, 27 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Te respondo, aunque no deberías tener cara para hablar a mi, no eres ético, te gusta abusar del que no se puede defender y juegas sucio (anque también debo reconocer que gané el bloqueo permanente por polémico). Yo coloqué el texto de que eras el primer usuario indígena, pero no coloqué el texto que de que mejoró y ayudó a los primeros usuarios o administradores a darle un sentido objetivo en este medio electrónico. eso lo colocaste tú y se nota en tu redacción que me odias y no quieres reconocer que alguna vez participé en Huiquipedia; pues siendo ahora uno de tres editores mestizdos de Huiquipedia, no me sorprende que intentes hacer aun lado el trabajo, las conferencias y la asistencia a foros sobre wikipedia náhuatl a los que asistí. No quiero que me des crédito de nada ni que me menciones en el artículo, pero por lo menos deja de hablar de mi diciendo que soy lo peor en tu redacción, ¿Acaso es mucho pedir? es lo único que se te está pidiendo.
El user:Tepoxteco, me dijo que no eres hablante nativo de ninguna variante del náhuatl, que solo eres una persona que ha estudiado arduamente su lengua, también me dijo que no tienes tal doctorado como lo anuncias en tu perfil de lengua española [6]. Posteriormente, en la Universidad de Guadalajara, fui a la biblioteca central preguntar si eras doctor en algo y respondieron que no eres doctor, también hice la misma pregunta en el ITESO (Instituto Tecnológico de Oriente), en Guadalajara y también me dijeron que no tienes doctorado, eso solo tú lo sabes si eres doctor o no lo eres.--Marrovi (talk) 12:53, 28 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Un gran favor de hombre a hombre; si algo puede hacer usted, pídale al señor Francisco Maciel o Akapochtli, de la manera más atenta que me deje en paz, no creo que sea mucho pedir.--Marrovi (talk) 15:02, 28 June 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

WAM2020 welcomes your support![edit]

Wikipedia Asian Month 2020
Wikipedia Asian Month 2020

Hello ProtoplasmaKid,

Thank you for joining WAM 2020 as an organizer. We appreciate your help to get the central banner localized in your language.

You can visit here and select your language (which language you want the contents to be translated into) and then translate it.

WAM International Team thanks you for your support.

Kind regards,

Wikipedia Asian Month International Team, 2020.10

Guidance of Fountain tool[edit]

Dear organizers,

Here is a guidance of Fountain tool. If you are wondering how to create an editathon on fountain or want to check the editathon be created or not before WAM start, please feel free to have a look.

Looking forward to meeting you online soon.

WAM International team 2020.10

Global Conversations registration reminder[edit]

Hi ProtoplasmaKid,

This is a reminder that if you have not yet registered for the Global Conversations on Nov. 21 and 22, please do so! Register here. Registration closes by Nov. 20. We will email you the login information for Zoom prior to the call. Thank you. Looking forward to welcoming you this weekend.

MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) 16:25, 17 November 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

18:25, 20 November 2020 (UTC)

Jury of the WikiUral competition and the prize[edit]

WikiUral Logo (The Mistress of the Copper Mountain) En
WikiUral Logo (The Mistress of the Copper Mountain) En

Good afternoon, Ivan!

We are pleased to invite you to check the articles of the participants in the sub-competition Asia Month - WikiUral by the link!

For the jury, the Perm Regional Museum (Co-organizer WikiUral contest) has prepared a postcard that will be sent to you by mail!

Regards, Organizing Committee of the WikiUral contest. — Niklitov (talk) 17:36, 6 December 2020 (UTC)Reply[reply]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

16:09, 11 December 2020 (UTC)


Hey Ivan

I guess you will read my email on iberocoop list, but this place can not be wrong :)

I will need your help please... on the WikiFundi Spanish ressources. I have cleaned up the page to separate French, English and Spanish. I need your help to add interesting and recent resources to the spanish page here : WikiAfrica Offline Resources/es. You can get inspiration from the English page of course but we do not need to put so many ressources. The best ones would be enough, in particular those related to

  • Education, teachers, school children
  • Gender gap and diversity topics

Of course, documents produced by chapters and usergroups would be great.

Can you help ? Thanks

Anthere (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 18:32, 9 March 2021 (UTC).Reply[reply]

Upcoming elections[edit]

Hi Ivan, You are on the elections committee. The board announced new elections on April 21st. I posted a question on the committee talk page on April 25th. I would appreciate to read an answer. I am wondering now whether the elections committee is active, and if active, what takes so long to communicate publicly what you are busy with? Are you busy organizing the upcoming elections? Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 12:20, 8 May 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Candidacy in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election[edit]

Hi there! I am reaching out about your decision to be a candidate in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election. The Board of Trustees decided there would be outreach available for the 2021 Board of Trustees election. There is a team of facilitators supporting this election through outreach activities.

The facilitators have some activities planned during the campaign period. Be sure to check out Candidate Resources to learn more about the trustee role.

The first thing facilitators plan to do during the campaign period is host a Conversation Chat for candidates. We will talk about the campaign timeline, activities, and answer questions you have. This is currently scheduled for July 3 at 15:00 UTC. This time might change.

Facilitators are reaching out to all candidates with this message. We can offer support to make sure your message is clear. This could be reviewing your candidate page for clarity. We can also clarify community questions that candidates answer during the campaign. Please let us know if you would like this support and we can schedule a time to chat. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:35, 27 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hi Ivan, Great! Glad to hear you are interested in support. Let's schedule a time to meet. Oscar and I will be the two facilitators meeting with you. Please feel free to email me jkoerner-ctr(_AT_) so we can plan a time. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 22:44, 29 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]
Hi there! I want to let you know the Candidate Briefing will be July 3 at 15:00 UTC via Google Meet. If this time does not work for you, it is not a problem. We can plan another time or way to get the information to you. Please just let me know what works for you. Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 19:41, 1 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Proof of Identity still needed for Board of Trustee Candidacy[edit]

Hi there! I see that you have not yet submitted your proof of identity. Candidates for this position must submit proof of identity and evidence of age of majority as a condition of candidacy. A copy of one of the following documents fulfills this:

Driver's license
Other official documentation indicating real name and age

This may be provided to the Wikimedia Foundation via email at secure-info(_AT_) Even if you may have done this previously for a different position, you are asked to complete this again. Please submit this by 29 June 2021 at 23:59 UTC.

If you are one of the selected candidates, the Wikimedia Foundation may need to request additional identifying information in order to run a background check prior to your appointment to the Board.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 03:41, 29 June 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Better than democracy?[edit]

I was glad that you called out the "one person, one vote" principle as potentially problematic during the candidate discussion this weekend. Another candidate also gave an example, that English projects have 20,000 eligible voters and Tamil has only 60. It feels like a failure in representation, there are maybe 76 million Tamil speakers so the ratio of Wikimedia voters is much lower for this language than for English.

Could you expand a bit on what you were saying about the relevance of Movement Charter discussions? I see an interesting method of allocating seats in this proposal, which takes into account the number of speakers "represented", maybe there are other precedents as well? Adamw (talk) 23:18, 5 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Candidate update: community question translation and campaign activities[edit]

Dear Candidate,

I am writing to you about several things:

1. On 20 July the facilitation team will begin translating the candidate answers to questions selected by the Elections Committee. Please try to finish your answers by that date if possible.

2. There is a list of Campaign Activities planned by the facilitation team. We have heard feedback about Campaign Activities. Thank you for your patience as we are trying new things and learning. The facilitation team will discuss solutions to these frustrations on 21 July. Look for updates on the Campaign Activities list.

3. The Community Affairs Committee meeting with candidates is on 21 July. You may email questions to askcac(_AT_) if that works better for you than writing on Meta. If you have not already received a calendar invitation, please email me at jkoerner-ctr(_AT_) so a calendar invitation for the CAC meeting can be sent to you.

Best, JKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:38, 16 July 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

next time[edit]

Just dropping by to say thanks for running. I thought you put forward a strong platform and think you would've done a great job on the board. I hope you'll consider running again in the future! — Rhododendrites talk \\ 11:30, 8 September 2021 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciated![edit]

(Read this message in other languages on Meta: ‎العربية • Deutsch • español • français • Русский • 中文 • हिन्दी • বাংলা • Bahasa Indonesia •日本語 • 한국어 • Yorùbá • Polski • Português bosanski • hrvatski • српски / srpski)

Hello !

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.

Thank you,

The Community Development team Cassie Casares (talk) 19:43, 7 February 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join![edit]

(Read this message in other languages on Meta-wiki: ‎العربية • Deutsch • español • français • Русский • 中文 • हिन्दी  • বাংলা • Bahasa Indonesia •日本語 • 한국어 • Yorùbá  • Polski • Português bosanski • hrvatski • српски / srpski)


Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group , share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,

The Community Development team Cassie Casares (talk) 19:55, 22 March 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Board elections[edit]

Hello. User:Sj and myself are group contact for the Wikimedian for Offline Wikis UserGroup. In July, our UG will participate to the vote to select the 6 people short-list of candidates. If you find the idea agreeable, you are warmly invited to share your thoughts with the group members, either on the talk page of the group or on our mailing list. Note that this is not an obligation of any sort, but simply an option to get our UG to know you better. Thank you for your interest. Anthere (talk) 18:29, 18 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Sorry to see you dropped out – I hope you are well! Hope to catch up soon regardless, and hear what you are thinking about these days. Warmly, –SJ talk  18:02, 11 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion[edit]

Wikimedia Sound Logo contest discussion


The Wikimedia sound logo contest is under discussion here, and your input on the talk page is appreciated: There will also be two video conversations on Friday May 27 @11:00 UTC and Tuesday May 31 @15:00 UTC, in case you want to chat live.

Thank you!

VGrigas (WMF) (talk) 23:58, 24 May 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

WiR lists :)[edit]

I am trying to see an updated list of wikimedians in residence, and not all of them are on Wikidata. Did you ever keep a list of WiRs in Mexico / do you know where I might find one? Warmly, –SJ talk  05:05, 21 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Offtopic, but thanks for reminder I forgot I should add my current WiR position. -- Zblace (talk) 04:40, 25 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Whose Knowledge? Drop-in July 2022 invitation[edit]

Whose Knowledge? logo

Over the next 2 weeks, we want to invite Whose Knowledge? User Group members to a community conversation about the upcoming Board of Trustees election. We’re also testing these drop-ins as a great way to be in touch, and establish periodic check-ins with our community.

There will be 2 informal drop-in sessions on different days and times. Please come to the session that works best for you:

  • Drop-in 1: Thursday, July 7, 2022 - 12pm UTC
  • Drop-in 2: Monday, July 11, 2022 - 6pm UTC

To learn more, visit the event page. If you can't join us, but you are interested in the conversation, we’d be more than happy to hear from you on our Talk page!

Just a gentle disclaimer: You are getting this message because you have signed up as a member of Whose Knowledge? User Group. We will send invitations like this from time to time, but we promise not to burden your Talk page. Feel free to unsubscribe from the distribution list.

--Mariana Fossatti (WK?) (talk) 18:19, 29 June 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Wikisporadic Newsletter: September 2022[edit]

Wikispore lunch in Berlin

Wikisporadic, an Occasional Newsletter for our Germinating Community.

Participate: Comment on stories and ideas in this Newsletter, Join Wikispore on Telegram, Join Wikispore mailing list

Thank You! A Teamwork Barnstar from the CR Team![edit]

The Teamwork Barnstar
The Community Resources team is awarding you the Teamwork Barnstar to recognize your important and collaborative preparatory work on Conference Funds Committee! Our team appreciates your willingness to dedicate your time, talent, and thoughts towards increasing the impact of Wikimedia movement funds. We look forward to continuing to work together and learning from you!) --DGuedri (WMF) (talk) 11:32, 12 October 2022 (UTC)Reply[reply]

We need your feedback on a tool from the Wikimedia Summit[edit]

Reminder: the guide to using Baserow, presented during the Wikimedia Summit.

Hi! I'm contacting you as one of the participants in the Wikimedia Summit 2022, to kindly ask for your feedback through a 5-10 minute survey to evaluate 'Baserow' (note: the survey is on a Google form).

Baserow was tool through which participants in the Summit co-created a database of Movement Strategy activities. We hope to learn from you how useful it may be to keep using it in the future to help document and connect on Movement Strategy work.

You are welcome and encouraged to fill out the survey in any language. Your feedback would be very appreciated --Abbad (WMF) (talk) 13:05, 16 February 2023 (UTC).Reply[reply]

A Barnstar for you![edit]

Leadership Development Recognition
Estimado Iván

Nos gustaría agradecerte tu participación en el Grupo de Trabajo de Desarrollo de Liderazgo. Tu experiencia en Wikimedia es muy rica y nuestro grupo no sería el mismo sin tus perspectivas y apoyo. ¡Gracias por tu increíble trabajo, Iván! Cassie Casares (talk) 05:28, 4 April 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Derechos de una foto de ProtoplasmaKid ("Marcha del silencio: Labios cruzados")[edit]

Hola Iván:

Te escribo por este canal porque creo qu tú eres el fotógrafo que estoy buscando: ProtplasmaKid en Wikimedia Commons. He buscado una foto muy impresionante sobre la marcha del silencio conmemorativa del 2018, refiriéndose a la marcha del 68 (el muchacho con los labios cerrados por una cruz de cintas adhesivas rojas: ProtoplasmaKid:

Me encantaría si me permitieras usar esta foto en un artículo que estoy escribiendo sobre la "lógica discursiva" del movimiento estudiantil en México en el 1968. Tú, qué opinas: (1) ¿Tengo el derecho de reimprimir esta foto, citando la fuente completa que he encontrado en Wikimedia (ver arriba: "ProtoplasmaKid etc.")? ¿O prefieres que indique tu nombre verdadero? (2) En cuanto al muchacho en la imagen: ¿Hay algún derecho de su parte que pudiera ser herido al imprimir esta foto en una publicación científica sobre análisis del discurso? (El artículo será publicado dentro de poco tiempo; en francés, en una editorial parisina. Voy a colocar el artículo, que será open-access, en este mismo espacio.)

Gracias por adelantado por tu ayuda, un gran saludo desde Suiza, Marcel 2A02:1210:1E55:BE00:2C4D:17EB:A72C:8FC8 13:41, 4 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Hola Marcel, gracias por escribir. Puedes usarla como lo indicas citándola como "ProtoplasmaKid - Wikimedia Commons - CC BY SA4.0". En cuanto a los derechos de personalidad, la foto fue tomada en el espacio público en una manifestación con un consentimiento tácito. Sólo hay una forma de saber que el chico se sienta afectado a posteriori y es que tengamos una petición suya después. Por ahora todo bien. Cuando esté lista la publicación ¿me la compartes? :) Saludos, ProtoplasmaKid (talk) 18:57, 6 September 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]

Invitation to participate in the photo contest Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports 2023[edit]

English Dear ProtoplasmaKid,

We’re excited to share with you our first-ever art and photo contest for this year’s #VisibleWikiWomen, on Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports!

We’re inviting submissions of photos, illustrations, and other forms of art depicting womxn and non-binary people in sports — as athletes, fans, cheerleaders, referees, journalists, and much more. Our #VisibleWikiWomxn contest celebrates the bodies of womxn in sports by centering their voices, images, stories, and experiences in all their diversity, plurality, and glory.

You can find all the information on our landing page: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports

Spanish Hola ProtoplasmaKid,

Queremos invitarte a participar de nuestro primer concurso de arte y fotografía "Cuerpos plurales en el deporte" en el marco de la campaña #VisibleWikiWomen de este año.

Estamos convocando a presentar fotos, ilustraciones y otras formas de arte que representen a mujeres y personas no binarias en el deporte - atletas, personas aficionadas, animadoras, árbitras, periodistas y personas ligadas al deporte en todos los aspectos. Nuestro concurso #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra los cuerpos de las mujeres en el deporte centrándose en sus voces, imágenes, historias y experiencias en toda su diversidad, pluralidad y gloria.

Puedes encontrar toda la información en la página del concurso.

Portuguese Olá ProtoplasmaKid,

Ficamos felizes em convidar você a participar de nossa primeira Wiki-competição de arte e fotografia, como parte da campanha #VisibleWikiWomen deste ano, sobre "Corpos plurais no esporte"!

Estamos recebendo fotos, ilustrações, e outras formas de arte que retratem mulheres e pessoas não-binárias nos esportes — como atletas, torcedoras, juízas, jornalistas, e muito mais. Nossa competição #VisibleWikiWomxn celebra os corpors de mulheres e pessoas não-binárias e coloca ao centro suas vozes, imagens, histórias, e experiências em toda sua pluralidade e glória.

Você pode encontrar todas as informações necessárias em nossa página: Unpacking Body Plurality in Sports.

Mariana Fossatti (talk) MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:49, 20 October 2023 (UTC)Reply[reply]