User talk:Vanished user adhmfdfmykrdyr

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
(Redirected from User talk:LauraHale)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Afrikaans | العربية | অসমীয়া | asturianu | azərbaycanca | Boarisch | беларуская | беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | български | বাংলা | བོད་ཡིག | bosanski | català | کوردی | corsu | čeština | Cymraeg | dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | ދިވެހިބަސް | Ελληνικά | emiliàn e rumagnòl | English | Esperanto | español | eesti | euskara | فارسی | suomi | français | Nordfriisk | Frysk | galego | Alemannisch | ગુજરાતી | עברית | हिन्दी | Fiji Hindi | hrvatski | magyar | հայերեն | interlingua | Bahasa Indonesia | Ido | íslenska | italiano | 日本語 | ქართული | ភាសាខ្មែរ | 한국어 | kar | kurdî | Limburgs | lietuvių | Minangkabau | македонски | മലയാളം | молдовеняскэ | Bahasa Melayu | မြန်မာဘာသာ | مازِرونی | Napulitano | नेपाली | Nederlands | norsk nynorsk | norsk | occitan | Kapampangan | polski | português | پښتو | Runa Simi | română | русский | sicilianu | سنڌي | සිංහල | slovenčina | slovenščina | Soomaaliga | shqip | српски / srpski | svenska | ślůnski | தமிழ் | тоҷикӣ | ไทย | Türkmençe | Tagalog | Türkçe | татарча/tatarça | ⵜⴰⵎⴰⵣⵉⵖⵜ  | українська | اردو | oʻzbekcha/ўзбекча | Tiếng Việt | 吴语 | 粵語 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/-

Welcome to Meta![edit]

Hello, Vanished user adhmfdfmykrdyr. Welcome to the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki! This website is for coordinating and discussing all Wikimedia projects. You may find it useful to read our policy page. If you are interested in doing translations, visit Meta:Babylon. You can also leave a note on Meta:Babel or Wikimedia Forum (please read the instructions at the top of the page before posting there). Happy editing!

Germany[edit]

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure whether this is relevant to your survey, but the German part of the 2011 fundraiser indeed did feature several women, see my comments at Talk:WikiWomenCamp/FAQ/Perspectives/Germany --Johannes Rohr (WMDE) 12:14, 3 February 2012 (UTC)

Spain[edit]

In WikiWomenCamp/FAQ/Perspectives/Spain you forgot the aragonese and the extremaduran Wikis. Cheers. --Ecelan 14:11, 12 February 2012 (UTC) P.S. Algerians?

WikiWomenCamp Registration Form[edit]

Hello,

You listed your name as someone interested in be part of WikiWomenCamp, which will be held in Buenos Aires from 23 to 25 May, 2012.

We are asking everyone to fill this form will all your info. Everyone is invited to fill this form, even if you don't have a grant to cover your expenses yet.

Thanks for you interrest, and I hope to see you in Buenos Aires in May :)

Béria Lima msg 18:21, 22 March 2012 (UTC)

In the future...[edit]

... please include UTC timezone: timeanddate.com was my co-pilot to do the conversion to other timezones :( Superzerocool (talk) 18:59, 19 April 2013 (UTC)

Re:[edit]

A couple of hours before we will hold and edit-a-thon. See you! Regards, --ProtoplasmaKid (WM-MX) (talk) 21:43, 26 April 2013 (UTC)

WWC[edit]

Laura, there aren't a lot of places where men (or alleged men) can try and do something about greater inclusion of women editors, or where they can be spoken to directly. Drmies (talk) 22:14, 21 May 2013 (UTC)

Global message delivery[edit]

I don't think this will work, because n:User:EdwardsBot is blocked on enwikinews. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:36, 25 May 2013 (UTC)

It is blocked because the bot does not comply with bot policy. :( No off switch. "God bless America" was the lastbot request. If we can be on the list, or there can be a special option for manual delivery for wikiprojects where the bot cannot deliver because of failure to comply with bot policy, that would be awesome. :( We are frequently left out of the loop because we cannot get messages everyone else gets. :( --LauraHale (talk) 23:49, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
There's an off switch on the user page, but I assume all admins know how to block (and even how to disable autoblock). If you want to have it deliver news, unblock it. Or just deliver stuff manually. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:52, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
I don't think that "God bless America" was appropriate (having read through that bot request), but it's the responsibility of the English Wikinews to find some other way to have the information broadcast, since they chose to block the bot themselves. --Rschen7754 23:55, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
"Got Bless America" was only one small way amongst many that the operator persistently demonstrated contempt for, and trolled, the community. Throughout two unblock requests, the second of which was initiated by Brian McNeil and would have been easily passed if the operator had simply stayed out of it instead of stepping in to troll again. The community concluded, base on the operator's earned reputation per n:WN:Never assume, that if the bot were unblocked the operator might use the bot to further harass the community, either hoping for a reblock or simply out of malice. To make this point crystal clear: the bot is blocked on Wikinews because the operator has behaved in a way that makes it impossible for the Wikinews community to trust him. --Pi zero (talk) 00:24, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
PiZero, First let me correct you, it's "God bless America", not "Got" - Mz usually wouldn't permit that kind of a typo, but then again he doesn't consider himself a journalist. I have no idea what else you are referring to, the entirety of his edit on that project since last year have had to do with bot approval. I could argue that your dysfunctional interpretation is responsible for wasting his time when edwardsbot is approved across so many projects, and has been active for so long. I don't know if I should laugh or feel sad for your interpretation that Mz will use the bot to harass the community, after spending so much time to get the approval. No other project has this level of distrust and dysfunction. Theo10011 (talk) 07:26, 28 May 2013 (UTC)

Which does not negate the bigger issue: The global delivery bot does not work for our project. We are left in the dark about many things. We are asking for an alternative method for delivery of messages intended for the global community. I do not want to re-visit the reason why the bot does not work, but merely that it does not and we would like an alternative. No policy changes requested. --LauraHale (talk) 00:30, 26 May 2013 (UTC)

You can easily write your own bot, of course. :-) --MZMcBride (talk) 01:02, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
I had a decent laugh reading this Laura, especially - " I do not want to re-visit the reason why the bot does not work" - It doesn't work because you people aren't allowing it to work. Whatever national secrets that might be residing on en.wn aside, that same bot and the same operator are trustworthy enough for majority, perhaps the entirety of Wikimedia projects. I am now beginning to reform my opinion of Wikinews, combined with incidents with Tempo and a few other users over the years - I can see their points now. The admin behavior on en.wn, especially Mr. McNeil is beyond disappointing. An Annoyed, Theo10011 (talk) 07:26, 28 May 2013 (UTC)

Wikinews & Lua[edit]

I saw in the recent Wikinewsie newsletter: "The development of a reviewing tool for English Wikinews continues. There are some concerns that the future roll out of Lua may hinder this. Once complete, this tool should make it easier for reviewers to leave feedback and check articles against all criteria." I looked for discussion of this at the en.wikinews water cooler but must have missed it; could you link, so maybe I can help get you some development assistance from other volunteers? Thanks! Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 20:53, 2 June 2013 (UTC)

Fwiw, I don't think the addition of Lua is likely to cause any problems — except I've heard a rumor (on IRC, I think) that in the long run various other facilities will not be maintained, which could be very bad because from my perspective, Lua fails to do anything important, and the things it does do, it doesn't do in a way likely to be useful to me, so that I'll probably continue to need the alternatives indefinitely. It became clear to me, after watching others spend years trying to get a straightforward substantive wiki extension cleared only to have things go sideways, that the only way to accomplish meaningful improvements was going to be javascript. Which I then spent more than a year studying inside-and-out so I'd be able to effectively design the needed tools, with the Lua thing (that doesn't do any of the things I care about) materializing just as I'm finally getting close to bringing my first tools on-line. --Pi zero (talk) 02:00, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi! Thanks for your reply. Could you specify what you mean by "various other facilities"? Do you mean writing templates in wikitext, or possibly the ability to customize your user JavaScript? Thanks! Sharihareswara (WMF) (talk) 22:28, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
Templates in wiki markup, yes. Customizing the javascript is inherent in the concept of what I'm doing; in essence, my design allows/supports the development of individual javascript tools that interface smoothly with (interactive) wiki markup. --Pi zero (talk) 02:44, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
What you heard on IRC was more likely speculation than rumour. Wikitext templates will continue to be supported for the forseeable future, both in the old parser and in Parsoid (the VisualEditor parser). The only caveat is that we might start recommending that templates provide output which is balanced in terms of HTML opening and closing tags. For example, we might need to phase out situations where you have one template that starts a table, and then another that ends it. But I would like to avoid any hard backwards compatibility break for at least 5 years, if not indefinitely. -- Tim Starling (talk) 05:35, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Glad to hear it. (The only case I can think of on en.wn that uses html-tag-unbalanced templates, nothing to do with my tools, is something we've been meaning to phase out for a while now. It's a little frightening to realize I've been on wikimedia projects long enough that "five years" no longer sounds like an eternity. :-) --Pi zero (talk) 11:33, 4 June 2013 (UTC)

Wikimedia LGBT / User Group[edit]

Please see this discussion regarding User Group status. Thank you! --Another Believer (talk) 15:43, 22 August 2013 (UTC)

Thanks for the Wikinews LGBT-oriented handout. I added a link to the Interwiki page at Wikimedia LGBT. I had considered applying to attend the CEE 2013 meeting, but thought it might conflict with the Berlin conference. Turns out I am not attending the Berlin conference, but oh well. I am not sure of your exact reasons for attending CEE, but if you happen to discuss LGBT in any capacity, please come share! Thanks again, --Another Believer (talk) 22:58, 5 November 2013 (UTC)

Please fill out our brief Participation Support Program survey[edit]

Hello, the Wikimedia Foundation would like your feedback on the Participation Support Program! We have created a brief survey to help us better understand your experience participating in the program and how we can improve for the future. You are being selected to participate in our survey because you submitted or commented on Participation Support requests in the past.

Click here to be taken to the survey site.

The survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. We really appreciate your feedback! And we hope to see you in the Participation Support Program again soon.

Happy editing,

Siko and Haitham, Grantmaking, Wikimedia Foundation.

This message was sent via Global message delivery on 21:42, 18 September 2013 (UTC)

Hackathon details?[edit]

Hi. Can you please give details, if you will still do this? PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:53, 8 November 2013 (UTC)

@Orderinchaos: is the one to ask. I think venue issues came up, but have not followed up as they would be the local organizer. --LauraHale (talk) 23:59, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
@PiRSquared17: Tried to organise it in tandem with an organisation here with the capacity and contacts but the timing couldn't have been worse - they're a small non profit and their main conference for the year is on Tuesday. They are interested in future engagement however, so keep me posted if any future events of this nature are scheduled. Orderinchaos (talk) 18:22, 10 November 2013 (UTC)

Strategy discussion[edit]

Hi Laura,

Could you share your thoughts on the current strategy project page? I'm getting back to that in order to coordinate strategic plans among the many affiliates and sister projects.

Feel free to ping others who might be interested in joining, particularly wikinewsies and other active editors of projects other than the largest Wikipedias.

Thanks and regards, SJ talk  02:14, 5 June 2014 (UTC)

Hi @SJ:. I commented on the talk page. I will pass it along to a few people. --LauraHale (talk) 18:06, 5 June 2014 (UTC)

Barnstar and a request for feedback[edit]

IEG barnstar 2.png Individual Engagement Grant Barnstar
Thank you for commenting on Individual Engagement Grant proposals during this recent round! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts.

To help us improve the IEG program for future participants, would you mind taking this quick 3-question survey?

Thanks again for your help,

--Siko and Haitham, Wikimedia Foundation Grantmaking

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?[edit]

Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)

Last call for WMF grants feedback![edit]

Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review[edit]

WPCube.png

I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Feedback for the project "Women are everywhere"[edit]

Hi LauraHale. I'm an editor of the Italian Wikipedia. I'm trying to participate to an IEG with the project "Women are everywhere". You will find the draft at this link https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Women_are_everywhere It would be great if you could have a look at it. I need any kind of suggestion or advice to improve it. Support or endorsement would be fantastic. Many thanks,--Kenzia (talk) 13:52, 2 April 2016 (UTC)

Hi. Thank you for your questions. Sorry for my English, I try to do my best.

  • From the starting of this project I have underlined that I haven't a big experience in community outreach on Italian Wikipedia. I participate to the Italian Wikipedia as an editor since 2012 and I have always had a gender standpoint in writing articles. When I started, I was quite surprised that important historians in the gender studies field such as Joan Wallach Scott or Lynn Hunt didn't have an article on the Italian Wikipedia and I wrote them.
  • I haven't any contact with Wikimedia Italy. Last year I participated with this idea to an Inspire Campaign regarding the gender gap and someone encouraged me to go on. This is the reason why I'm trying to present this project for funding. I think that a fresh point of vue is oftent useful to tackle with problems.
  • I have a great experience in workshops, in communicating and in organising events. I'm a PhD in History at the Political Sciences School in Paris, and I took part and organised plenty of workshops. After my PhD I've always worked in the cultural field, as an organizer of events, and as a journalist.
  • I've always been interested in the gender studies, since my university studies. The subject of my thesis for the university degree was "La déclaration des droits de la femme de Olympe de Gouges pendant la Révolution française". Since then I've always cooperate with a Professor of the Department of Ancient and Modern History of the University of Messina, and this project would be realized in cooperation with the Department.
  • I totally agree with you that there are a lot of researches about the extent of the gender gap on the Wikipedia Project. I have read a lot of articles that I've found on Wikipedia. From my point of vue, as I have pointed out in my project, there is a problem of mentality. Not only men, but also women are not used to point out the importance of the women's contribution to history. What it is required is a change of attitude in making researches. That is why I think that it is important to start from the universities and try to create a bridge between the academic world and Wikipedia.
  • My opinion is that we should talk less about the gender gap and write more about women.
  • To understand if this project will succeed we have to analyse the present situation, and try to improve it.
  • It will be a work in progress in which I hope to involve old and new editors.
  • It is not at all about setting benchmarks, it is a project for finding a new approach. Maybe it will not succeed, but I think it worth a try.
  • The amount of money seems reasonable, depending on the time this project will require.

With my best regards, --Kenzia (talk) 17:01, 2 April 2016 (UTC)

Hi LauraHale, about your first point regarding the outreach of the Wikipedia Community in Italy, I'm trying to get in touch with the editors much concerned about the gender gap problem in my country. It is natural that this project must be a support and a collaboration with the people already working on this topic. As I haven't a great experience in community outreach, I've asked the help of other editors much experienced than me. I hope there will be a result. Thank you, if you have other suggestions to improve this project I would be very grateful. Sincerely--Kenzia (talk) 09:59, 3 April 2016 (UTC)

Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment![edit]

NounProject Leaves.png

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:46, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)

Whose Knowledge? user group update[edit]

Whose Knowledge? logo 02.png

Hi Laura! Thanks for joining the Whose Knowledge user group - we’re so glad to have you involved!

Here are some updates about recent activities:

  • User group approved: Our user group was officially approved in October - hooray! Big thanks to Raystorm and FloNight for the idea to create a user group for the Whose Knowledge? campaign :)
  • Mapping feminist knowledge at AWID's 2016 Forum: Interested in learning more about what we’ve been doing lately? Read our blog post on what we learned from mapping feminist knowledge at Association for Women's Rights in Development's 2016 Forum.
  • New grant proposal:
    • We’ve proposed a WMF project grant. It would be great to have your feedback and/or endorsement by November 1 if this project interests you!
    • It would also be great to have your help notifying communities already working on systemic bias about this proposal. Here is a draft message - please translate, change as you see fit for your own context, and share in any communities you’re active in on and off-wiki.

Looking forward to doing more together very soon! Siko (talk) 01:22, 18 October 2016 (UTC)

Modification to WikiNews website[edit]

Hi,

I have an idea to make wikinews super active and useful. It would involve a lot of changes in the software. I am myself a software programmer. I would like to share this idea, and then contribute to make it happen. A little about the idea I have mentioned here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Shashaanktulsyan#Spread_Jnana_.28Knowledge.29_and_remove_A-Jnana_.28false_knowledge.2C_ignorance.29

I want to know, what would be the best platform to talk about this, and whom should I approach. I could not find any wikinews contributor other than you who is active. Please guide.

Thanks Shashaanktulsyan (talk) 22:57, 20 November 2016 (UTC)

@Shashaanktulsyan: Laura isn't active on Wikinews atm; but I am. I saw your IRC comment, too late to respond. In fact I'm well into a multi-year software development project on Wikinews, the broad intent of which is described at n:en:User:Pi zero/essays/vision/sisters. --Pi zero (talk) 13:07, 21 November 2016 (UTC)

Similarly[edit]

Thanks I read User:LauraHale/Wikinews Content Import Analysis because I suggested something similar at n:en:. Do you think that the sheer volume of imports was a problem? If maybe there were a smaller amount of more target, high-quality importing and the encouragement of interlinking between sites then that could be useful for the community? If you respond here, please use {{Ping}} so I see it. Thanks either way, Laura. —Justin (koavf)TCM 19:19, 9 January 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge? News - February 2017[edit]

Whose Knowledge? logo 02.png

Thanks for all of your support for Whose Knowledge? so far! Get ready, we're going to need lots of your help in 2017 :)

What's new in 2017:

1. Volunteers needed

As Whose Knowledge? grows, there are lots of things to do! Can you help?

  • Are you good with data entry, categories, mailing lists or social media? We especially need people to help with organizing knowledge for Dalit History Month, and building out our communications (including this monthly newsletter!) right now!
  • If you're interested in volunteering for these or any other projects, please signup here

2. Pilot projects

Building partnerships and testing our approach with marginalized communities.

  • Dalit History Month: We're working with Equality Labs to support Dalit communities in South Asia and the United States to map knowledge and create Wikipedia content. Dalit History Month edit-a-thons are coming in April!
  • Women's Human Rights Defenders: In partnership with Urgent Action Fund, we'll be supporting a group of women's human rights defenders around the world with more mapping and wiki content creation. Themes and geographies coming soon!
  • Kumeyaay Wikipedia Initiative: Following the 2016 Indigenous People's Day edit-a-thon, we're continuing to work with members of the Kumeyaay tribe in Southern California and Baja to map and contribute indigenous knowledge to Wikimedia projects. A discussion day with Kumeyaay community in San Diego is being planned for May.

3. Funding

We've got financial support for 2017!

  • WMF grant: 6-month funding (February-July 2017) was approved to pilot our approach to mapping knowledge and creating Wikipedia content with the Dalit community and global women's human rights defenders. Thanks for all your endorsements!
  • Shuttleworth Fellowship: Anasuya is a Shuttleworth Fellow! This means we'll be able to spend more time organizing, and have support for convenings, campaign infrastructure, etc.

4. Wikimedia Strategy

Find us at Wikimedia Conference.

  • Anasuya and Siko will be carrying the Whose Knowledge? vision of diversity, pluralism and representation of marginalized communities into movement strategy conversations in Berlin March 2017.
  • What's your vision for the Wikimedia movement? If you have a perspective that you'd like us to help represent in Berlin, please reach out and let us know!

In solidarity,

Siko (talk) 21:59, 7 February 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge?: [April 2017][edit]

Whose KnowledgeWhose Knowledge? logo 01.png News
April 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 2
Activities and Events:
Dalit History Month Events; Wikimania 2017 submissions
Resources:
Resources lists
Wikimedia Movement:
Wikimedia Strategy: Knowledge is Global
Home font awesome.svg About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the Whose Knowledge? News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:47, 1 May 2017 (UTC)

Whose Knowledge?: [July 2017][edit]

Whose KnowledgeWhose Knowledge? logo 01.png News
July 2017 • Volume 1 • Issue 3
Activities and Events:
Okvir pilot in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Wikimania 2017
Resources:
Emancipatory Design Research
Wikimedia Movement:
Letter from Buenos Aires
Home font awesome.svg About Whose Knowledge?
If this message is not on your home wiki's talk page, update your subscription.

We hope you enjoy this issue of the '''Whose Knowledge?''' News. Please reach out to us if you have any ideas or suggestions! -- Saileshpat using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 16:18, 2 August 2017 (UTC)

Project Grant proposal, US Women Olympians and Paralympians[edit]

Hello! Here is the current draft of a Project Grant proposal of likely interest: US Women Olympians & Paralympians. Your feedback would be most welcome. (Just to clarify, this isn't my proposal, I'm just helping them gather feedback.) Penny Richards (talk) 13:42, 29 September 2017 (UTC)

Sign-up for Whose Knowledge? on-line newsletter[edit]

Hi everybody,

We are leaving the wiki newsletter format behind and venturing into the email newsletter format. We'd love to keep sharing our projects and adventures with you all! You can sign up here to make that happen.

See you all there!

With love & solidarity,

Claudia - and the WK? Comms Team using MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:45, 17 September 2018 (UTC)

The Community Wishlist Survey[edit]

Hi,

You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.

You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)

Slack[edit]

Hello Laura! Do you think you could please tell me I can join the Slack channel of the Wikibase UG? Thanks. --Joalpe (talk) 10:00, 4 November 2018 (UTC)

Upcoming 2019 Affiliate-selected trustee position on the Board of Wikimedia Foundation[edit]

Greetings Ms. Hale,

My name is Gerald Shields, also known as user:Geraldshields11. I am asking for your top rank vote for me in the election for one of two open trustee positions on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.

I am asking for your vote to help support emerging communities and promote an inclusive education environment on all wiki projects. Also, I plan to promote various other issues as I mention in my statement and answers to various questions. I ask that you show your support for the issues that need to be address by voting for me as one of your preferences.

My candidacy information page is Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Gerald Shields on Meta or can be found at Gerald Shields candidate. As of the 7 May 2019 list of questions, I am the only candidate to have responded to all of the “Questions for all candidates - Questions for this individual candidate that do not apply to other candidates”. My answers give more details on why the Wikibase Community User Group should vote for me.

Thank you for your time, discussion, and consideration of my candidacy. I appreciate it.

My best regards,

Gerald Shields

Geraldshields11 (talk) 02:33, 9 May 2019 (UTC)

Thank you for your organization's top 50% vote during the 2019 trustee election. With your organizations', Florida's, Igbo's, and AfroCrowd's votes, I was able to score better than expected. Geraldshields11 (talk) 16:24, 18 June 2019 (UTC)

Journal hosting sister project proposal[edit]

Hello, I'm leaving a note on the talkpages of those on the old SPCom list to ensure that you have seen this proposal discussion for a journal hosting sister project. I realise that the process these days is slightly different, but I'm keen to make sure that we get as broad feedback as possible, so please consider to adding a note to comment/support/oppose. We hope to submit a cover letter to the WMF trustees in the coming month. T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 03:47, 2 September 2019 (UTC)