Have you thought about being a steward?
- Well, have you? :-) —MarcoAurelio (talk) 07:22, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
- I'm flattered, but I just don't know where it would fit into my schedule. I could do 10 actions a year, but I assume you don't want that, and I'm not that kind of a person anyway. Plus, while I take it things are better than they were during my term, it added a considerable amount of stress that I didn't/don't really need at this point. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines, point out a few things that might have been missed, and work on AAR once it gets months behind. --Rschen7754 08:14, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
Global preferences ready for testing
I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.
- Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
- Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
- Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
- Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
- Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations
Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.