Have you thought about being a steward?
- Well, have you? :-) —MarcoAurelio (talk) 07:22, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
- I'm flattered, but I just don't know where it would fit into my schedule. I could do 10 actions a year, but I assume you don't want that, and I'm not that kind of a person anyway. Plus, while I take it things are better than they were during my term, it added a considerable amount of stress that I didn't/don't really need at this point. I'm happy to sit on the sidelines, point out a few things that might have been missed, and work on AAR once it gets months behind. --Rschen7754 08:14, 15 January 2018 (UTC)
Global preferences ready for testing
I am contacting you because of your support for Global settings in the 2016 Community Tech Wishlist. Global preferences are now available for beta testing, and need your help before being released to the wikis.
- Read over the help page, it is brief and has screenshots
- Login or register an account on Beta English Wikipedia
- Visit Global Preferences and try enabling and disabling some settings
- Visit some other language and project test wikis such as English Wikivoyage, German Wiktionary, the Hebrew Wikipedia and test the settings
- Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations
Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.
- Now July or August. --Rschen7754 17:55, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
request for test.wikidata
Hello, a while ago you participated in a feedback round about a proposal how accidental clicks on the rollback link could be avoided. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and ideas!
Looking at the feedback and the rollback situation in different wikis, the development team decided how to approach this wish: As a default, most wikis won’t have a confirmation. But users who wish to have one, can enable it in their preferences, which will add a confirmation prompt to the rollback link on the diff page and on the list pages. The prompt won’t be a pop-up, but an inline prompt like for the thanks confirmation. You can read more about the planned solution and what influenced this decision on the project page. -- Best, Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 09:34, 16 July 2018 (UTC)