Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- Dear user:Tegel, Thank you for the change. When I click on my name in the table at https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submission_review#Education_1, the link directs to a regular article pages and not my user page at https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Geraldshields11. Please fix if you have time. Geraldshields11 (talk) 19:43, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
Barnstar and a request for feedback
|Thank you for commenting on Individual Engagement Grant proposals during this recent round! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts.
To help us improve the IEG program for future participants, would you mind taking this quick 3-question survey?
Thanks again for your help,
Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Survey on Inspire Campaign for addressing harassment
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on addressing harassment from June 2016. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating.
I am the originator of the idea of sending Wiki good articles into outer space. See Wikipedia likes Galactic exploration for Posterity.
In 2015, I rewrote my proposal to send Wikimedia into outer space. Please see Grants:IEG/Wikipedia likes Galactic Exploration for Posterity 2015 or this link.
I have requested confirmation of my identification from the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. See https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Identification_noticeboard
Gerald Shields Volunteer for 2014 Wikimania
I already volunteered my time and skills for Wikimania 2014. I was interviewed by the New York Times for my work with Wikipedia on feminism and North Korea.Geraldshields11 (talk) 21:56, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
2015 Wikimania volunteer
I volunteered to assist with the Program Committee and be the official photographer of Wikimania 2015. Geraldshields11 (talk) 18:08, 30 December 2014 (UTC) However, no one contacted me. Geraldshields11 (talk) 12:49, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
Volunteer for WikiConfence USA 2015
Volunteer for 2016 WikiConference North America
I will coordinate and be a photographer at the 2016 Convention.
The Community Wishlist Survey
You get this message because you’ve previously participated in the Community Wishlist Survey. I just wanted to let you know that this year’s survey is now open for proposals. You can suggest technical changes until 11 November: Community Wishlist Survey 2019.
You can vote from November 16 to November 30. To keep the number of messages at a reasonable level, I won’t send out a separate reminder to you about that. /Johan (WMF) 11:24, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi Gerald, thanks for nominating yourself in the ASBS process. Could you answer the set of general questions (Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2019/Questions) to all candidates on that page please? Ad Huikeshoven (talk) 14:33, 29 April 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Ad Huikeshoven, As of 7 May 2019, I am the only candidate to answer all question on the candidate pages. Also, I answered all questions on the specific questions to candidates page, including the question about the USA's National Debt. Geraldshields11 (talk) 00:14, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
Questions for all candidates
- Dear Ad Huikeshoven As of 7 May 2019, I am the only candidate to answer all question on the candidate pages. Also, I answered all questions on the specific questions to candidates page, including the question about the USA's National Debt. Geraldshields11 (talk) 00:14, 8 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Vermont: thank you for the feedback. Please tell me a better way to transparently contact the affiliates? I do appreciate the feedback. Geraldshields11 (talk) 13:47, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
- Through your nomination statement and answers to posed questions on the appropriate pages. Vermont (talk) 14:52, 9 May 2019 (UTC)
Re:Election on the Board of Wikimedia Foundation
Hi Gerald and sorry for my delayed answer. I really appreciate what you are doing with Art + Feminism, but I will not express only my vote, but the vote of the whole WikiDonne UG. We are in the middle of the process (I'm collecting the individual preference of all our members) and the final vote will reflect the User Group decision, not only mine. Thank you for your engagement and good luck, --Camelia (talk) 18:59, 19 May 2019 (UTC)
- Dear Camelia thank you for the discussion of the candidates. If your group has more questions, please have them ask on the election talk pages. Geraldshields11 (talk) 21:39, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
Invitation for WikiConference North America 2021
Thank you for signing up for last year's WikiConference North America 2020! I'd like to invite you to this year's WikiConference North America 2021, taking place online and free, October 8-10.
- Registration is open and takes just a few minutes!
- Program submissions are also open through the end of the month, though they are being reviewed on a rolling basis—so the sooner you submit, the better! We are accepting presentations, workshops, round tables, or any other type of session format you can think of.