- 1 Solicitudes
- 2 Páginas
- 3 Social Media Plan
- 4 Consulta sobre Wikimedia Chile
- 5 Affiliations Committee is looking for members
- 6 The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection
- 7 timezones
- 8 The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection meeting time
- 9 IEG Committee questions
- 10 Welcome to the IEG Committee
- 11 Translation request
- 12 Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- 13 Rosetta barnstar
- 14 Translation request
- 15 Gracias
- 16 Superprotect status
- 17 Inspire Campaign Funding Committee
- 18 Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
- 19 Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
- 20 You're invited to the Ally Skills Workshop at Wikimania!
- 21 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 22 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 23 WikiTour
- 24 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 25 Notice of removal of global bot status from one or various accounts of yours
- 26 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 27 Global bot
- 28 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 29 Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
- 30 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 31 Permiso de coordinador de traducción
- 32 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 33 Welcome to the Project Grants Committee
- 34 Project Grants committee's wiki
- 35 Tech ambassadors, "take two"
- 36 Getting started on Phabricator
- 37 New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
- 38 Inspire Campaign on Measuring Community Health
- 39 BOT-Superzerocool en ca.wikinews
Hi Superzerocool, I could not approve your request for bot-stats for the lad.wikipedia because it was to badly done. Asking it on the tal page of a user on a other wiki is not good. Please do the following and I will be happy to grant it; Make bot-request page on LAD, ask permission, use YES / NO section, put an start and end date on it (1 week or so) and when he has local permission and make a new request on meta. --Walter 09:05, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
Hola, si quieres mándame la lista actualizada de los wikis en donde quieres hacer la solicitud y te envío una lista de páginas en inglés que tendrías que crear, solicitando las banderas en cada uno de esos wikis. Así, si no hay objeciones, en una semana estaremos asignando los flags luego de cumplidos todos los pasos. Saludos. --Ascánder 16:48, 24 March 2006 (UTC)
Hola, no pude enviartelas por correo-e, pero no es problema. Copia el modelo que obtendrás en Requests for bot status/Bot policy template y agrega tu solicitud en ellas en la sección de solicitudes.
- Páginas de políticade bots y solicitud de flag por crear:
- Ya existe http://ln.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bot, sólo agrega tu solicitud allí.
- Formato de la solicitud, complétala y personalizala si te parece bien.
===[[User:Superzerocool|]]=== I request bot status an this wiki in order to update interwikis. *User: [[User:Superzerocool]] *Bot account: *Test edits <link to the bot's test contributions> *The bot uses pywikipedia software and is constantly updated with CVS. ====Approval==== # ====Reject==== #
Saludos. --Ascánder 23:13, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
Social Media Plan
Hi Superzerocool, As you might know that we are approaching the start of the fundraiser. I would like to ask for your participation in the finalization of the Social Media plan over the next week. We will be posting a final plan on the Social Media page formulated from the previous discussions and suggestions we received on that page. As an active member of the Fundraising committee your input and feedback would be highly appreciated. Regards. Theo (WMF) 23:51, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
Consulta sobre Wikimedia Chile
Estimado Superzerocool: me gustaría mucho participar en lo que están haciendo en Wikimedia Chile, pero no entiendo mucho qué se hará o en qué están o cómo están organizados... revisé algunos estatutos, pero de todas formas no sé bien si mi participación puede ser útil. Atenta a tus comentarios. Saludos cordiales y feliz año... La Mantis 19:00, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
Affiliations Committee is looking for members
Thank you for signing up for updates about the Affiliations Committee, we are currently accepting applications for members. You can apply until January 12, 2013. Let me know if you have any questions. –Bence (talk) 12:38, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection
Hi. You indicated an interest in supporting The Wikinewsie Group. We are currently in the process of trying to determine the best time for a meeting to determine the composition of the provisional board of the organization. If you are interested in attending or possible running for the board, please go to The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings and indicate which time would be best for you by 26 April. We plan to announce the time for the board meeting based on greatest potential availability on 28 April. --LauraHale (talk) 04:30, 19 April 2013 (UTC)
The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection meeting time
Hi. This is to inform you that the meeting for the provisional board selection meeting for The Wikinewsie Group will take place in #wikinews-group on May 4, 2013 at 13:00 UTC, which is 8:00 in Mexico City, 9:00 in New York City, 15:00 in Berlin and 23:00 in Sydney. If you are interested in being on the provisional board but cannot attend, please comment at Talk:The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings to let the community know. --LauraHale (talk) 21:28, 26 April 2013 (UTC)
IEG Committee questions
Hi Superzerocool, thanks for adding yourself as a candidate for the IEG Committee! The committee has decided to ask candidates 2 questions so that we can get to know everyone a little better. I hope you won't mind coming back to the committee's meta page to answer these questions? Hope to see you there soon! Siko (WMF) (talk) 04:01, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
Welcome to the IEG Committee
Thanks for signing up to join the Individual Engagement Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We’ve got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 3 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started:
To make your membership official, please do 2 things by Tuesday 10 September:
- Introduce yourself in the IdeaLab.
- Send your email address and preferred username to IEGrantswikimedia.org, so that we can subscribe you to the committee mailing list and get you setup on the committee's internal wiki.
Then there are 3 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:
- Review information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), including responsibilities and the review process.
- Join a working group.
- Start giving public feedback on open ideas, drafts and proposals. Asking questions to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through, and will give us more great proposals to choose from.
Our formal review of proposals starts in early October. I’ll be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list and in the Workroom closer to that time, so please keep an eye there!
Greetings. I see you have experience translating pages here at Meta. If you are willing and able, Wikimedia LGBT, a proposed user group, is currently recruiting people to assist with page translations. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 16:50, 24 November 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you very, very much for your assistance. You can click on tabs at the top of the Wikimedia LGBT page to view other project pages, such as Activities, Business, History, Participants, or you can view Category:Wikimedia LGBT. You can see that many project pages are currently being translated into multiple languages, which is fantastic. Again, thank you for your help. --Another Believer (talk) 17:48, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
|The Meta-Wiki Rosetta barnstar 2013|
|For being among the top 40 Meta-Wiki translators in 2013, with over 500 translation units edits! If I knew all the Wikimedia languages I'd also compliment you for how spot-on your translations are, but I must leave that to your language colleagues. :) Cheers, Nemo 21:49, 1 May 2014 (UTC)|
Superzerocool, might you be willing to translate the main Wiki Loves Pride page at English Wikipedia into Spanish? Wikimedia LGBT is organizing a global campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, which will be held in June. I speak only English, but ideally, there will be similar project pages at Wikipedias of other languages. This will allow collaboration, discussion and the ability to organize events in languages other than English. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 15:35, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks, Superzerocool. You can create the page at the Spanish equivalent of this page). For example, see the de.Wikipedia and fr.Wikipedia interwiki links, which direct to [https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Pride this page and this page? I assume the page would be at es:Wikipedia:Wiki Loves Pride, or whatever "Wikipedia" and/or "Wiki Loves Pride" translates to in Spanish. --Another Believer (talk) 21:01, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
Dear Superzerocool, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.
- Request for comment: Requests for comment/Superprotect rights
- An open letter about its implementation: Letter to Wikimedia Foundation: Superprotect and Media Viewer
Peteforsyth 09:50, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign Funding Committee
Hi Superzerocool. Thanks so much for signing up to participate on the Inspire Campaign Funding Committee! We really appreciate your support and willingness to share your time and expertise. We'd love to get your feedback on the funding page we've created for the campaign. Please post any questions/comments on the discussion page. If you can no longer serve on the committee or would like to contact me directly, please email awangwikimedia.org. Thanks again! Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 21:21, 16 February 2015 (UTC)
Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
You're invited to the Ally Skills Workshop at Wikimania!
You were suggested as someone who might be interested in the Ally Skills Training Workshop at Wikimania! The workshop is designed to train Wikipedia admins to be more aware of sexism and is funded by an Inspire grant. The workshop will focus on teaching specific skills and techniques directly relevant to Wikipedia admins and editors, and in particular will teach people about the psychology of trolls. The workshop will be on Thursday July 16 from 2pm to 5pm in Don Diego 3.
If you are attending Wikimania, you are invited to apply to the Ally Skills Workshop! Space is limited and we may not be able to accept all applications, so apply now. More information, including a link to the application form, is here:
People of all genders are welcome to attend. Unfortunately, travel scholarships for Wikimania are already closed and we don't know of any other sources of travel funding. If you know anyone else attending Wikimania who might be interested in attending this workshop, please encourage them to apply!
Thank you for your time,
Valerie Aurora (Instructor and Interim Executive Director of the Ada Initiative)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Hola. Estaba pensando que, en tanto que Wikilibros alberga el recetario, se podrían activar los banners de Wikitour también para es.wikibooks. ¿Qué te parece? Un abrazo, —MarcoAurelio 09:26, 17 September 2015 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Notice of removal of global bot status from one or various accounts of yours
Hello Superzerocool. You are being contacted as owner of one or more accounts flagged with global bot status. This is to inform you that pursuant §1.1.4 of the global bot policy as amended by this RFC one or various of the global bots which you operate are inactive in the terms laid out by the global bot policy. As such, global bot status from those account(s) have been removed. This message is being left on Meta-Wiki and on your homewiki. We thank you for your work as global bot operator. If you have any questions or concerns, you can raise them at the Stewards' Noticeboard on Meta-Wiki. Best regards. —MarcoAurelio 23:18, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
- This message is being left on your talk page at Meta-Wiki and those of your home wiki(s). Sorry for the duplicates.
Dear global bot operator: Some days ago you received a message in which you were informed that one or various accounts you hold lost a global bot flag because of inactivity. Due to a mistake, messages informing about this were not sent before removal took place as policy mandates. As such, if you think your bot will be active again on global bot duties, you can request the restoration of the global bot flag on the stewards' noticeboard at Meta-Wiki within the next two (2) weeks after this message has been posted. Please note that this removal was purely procedural based on inactivity. If you have any questions, you can reach me on my talk page at Meta-Wiki. Please accept my apologies in advance for this. Best regards. -- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of MarcoAurelio at 18:11, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?
Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Permiso de coordinador de traducción
Hola. Al final te he asignado yo mismo los permisos. Estoy enfadado, la verdad, pues esperaba que algún compañero lo hiciere y así evitar posibles conflictos de interés (por mi parte ninguno todo sea dicho), pero parece que nadie está dispuesto a hacer su trabajo. En fin, espero que estas nuevas herramientas te sean de utilidad. Como le digo a todo el mundo, por favor léete los manuales de uso de la herramienta y de formato de traducción. Si no los han vuelto a cambiar de sitio, estaban en mediawiki. Un abrazo y perdona la demora. —MarcoAurelio 12:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,
Welcome to the Project Grants Committee
Thanks for signing up to join the Project Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We've got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 2 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started!
To make your membership official, please email mjohnsonwikimedia · org by Sunday, August 14, and include the following three pieces of information:
- Your preferred email address for the committee mailing list
- Your preferred username for the committee's scoring tool
- Indicate all of the times from this list that would work for you to participate in a Committee Orientation:
- Tuesday August 16, 2016 - 1600 UTC
- Tuesday August 16, 2016 - 1900 UTC
- Wednesday August 17, 2016 - 0100 UTC
- Thursday August 18, 2016 - 1600 UTC
- Thursday August 18, 2016 - 2200 UTC
- Friday August 19, 2016 - 0100 UTC
- if none of the above times work for you, please provide at least two times that would work for you (be sure to indicate the date and the time zone)
Then, there are 2 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:
- Read the information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), beginning with the getting started guide for new members.
- Start giving feedback on open proposals. Ask questions or make suggestions on the proposal talk pages to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation. Your input helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through and helps other committee members with their own review. The more you can support applicants now, the stronger the proposals we'll have to choose from.
The general calendar for this round is as follows:
Our formal review of proposals starts on August 24. WMF staff will be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list, so please keep an eye there!
Thanks again for joining us to help make impactful Project Grants! :-)
Project Grants committee's wiki
I've created the Project Grants committee some months ago.
To continue to set up this wiki, we need a committee member to be bureaucrat. Responsibilities include to get an account on this wiki, then create accounts for fellow committee members.
As I've noticed you're active to comment grants requests, I'm asking you to do this. Could you reach me on IRC, so we can configure that together (my nickname is Dereckson)? --Dereckson (talk) 11:30, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.
- Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
- How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
- Finally, you are also welcome to comment at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177923, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".
Getting started on Phabricator
As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.
For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:51, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
BOT-Superzerocool en ca.wikinews
Hola, he visto en tu página de usuario de es.wikinews que ahora sólo estás activo en Meta y en es.wikipedia, por eso te contacto por aquí. La cuestión es que el bot lleva desde el 17 de noviembre sin actualizar la plantilla de ca.wikinews y sería genial si pudieras echarle un vistazo y corregir el problema para que el bot siguiera con su trabajo en nuestra wiki. Un saludo.--Syum90 (talk) 17:06, 15 July 2018 (UTC)