Jump to content

User talk:Superzerocool

Add topic
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki

Hi Superzerocool, I could not approve your request for bot-stats for the lad.wikipedia because it was to badly done. Asking it on the tal page of a user on a other wiki is not good. Please do the following and I will be happy to grant it; Make bot-request page on LAD, ask permission, use YES / NO section, put an start and end date on it (1 week or so) and when he has local permission and make a new request on meta. --Walter 09:05, 13 March 2006 (UTC)Reply



Hola, si quieres mándame la lista actualizada de los wikis en donde quieres hacer la solicitud y te envío una lista de páginas en inglés que tendrías que crear, solicitando las banderas en cada uno de esos wikis. Así, si no hay objeciones, en una semana estaremos asignando los flags luego de cumplidos todos los pasos. Saludos. --Ascánder 16:48, 24 March 2006 (UTC)Reply



Hola, no pude enviartelas por correo-e, pero no es problema. Copia el modelo que obtendrás en Requests for bot status/Bot policy template y agrega tu solicitud en ellas en la sección de solicitudes.

  1. Páginas de políticade bots y solicitud de flag por crear:
    1. http://war.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    2. http://co.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    3. http://pam.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    4. http://se.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    5. http://fiu-vro.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    6. http://tpi.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    7. http://lmo.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    8. http://jbo.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    9. http://mg.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Bot&action=edit
    10. Ya existe http://ln.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bot, sólo agrega tu solicitud allí.
  2. Formato de la solicitud, complétala y personalizala si te parece bien.
I request bot status an this wiki in order to update interwikis.
*User: [[User:Superzerocool]]
*Bot account: 
*Test edits <link to the bot's test contributions>
*The bot uses pywikipedia software and is constantly updated with CVS.

Saludos. --Ascánder 23:13, 26 March 2006 (UTC)Reply

Social Media Plan


Hi Superzerocool, As you might know that we are approaching the start of the fundraiser. I would like to ask for your participation in the finalization of the Social Media plan over the next week. We will be posting a final plan on the Social Media page formulated from the previous discussions and suggestions we received on that page. As an active member of the Fundraising committee your input and feedback would be highly appreciated. Regards. Theo (WMF) 23:51, 17 October 2010 (UTC)Reply

Consulta sobre Wikimedia Chile


Estimado Superzerocool: me gustaría mucho participar en lo que están haciendo en Wikimedia Chile, pero no entiendo mucho qué se hará o en qué están o cómo están organizados... revisé algunos estatutos, pero de todas formas no sé bien si mi participación puede ser útil. Atenta a tus comentarios. Saludos cordiales y feliz año... La Mantis 19:00, 4 January 2011 (UTC)Reply

Affiliations Committee is looking for members



Thank you for signing up for updates about the Affiliations Committee, we are currently accepting applications for members. You can apply until January 12, 2013. Let me know if you have any questions. –Bence (talk) 12:38, 12 December 2012 (UTC)Reply

The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection


Hi. You indicated an interest in supporting The Wikinewsie Group. We are currently in the process of trying to determine the best time for a meeting to determine the composition of the provisional board of the organization. If you are interested in attending or possible running for the board, please go to The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings and indicate which time would be best for you by 26 April. We plan to announce the time for the board meeting based on greatest potential availability on 28 April. --LauraHale (talk) 04:30, 19 April 2013 (UTC)Reply



Good to know. Will try to do that more in the future. Never really had to deal with trying to do things across this many time zones before. --LauraHale (talk) 22:22, 19 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

The Wikinewsie Group provisional board selection meeting time


Hi. This is to inform you that the meeting for the provisional board selection meeting for The Wikinewsie Group will take place in #wikinews-groupconnect on May 4, 2013 at 13:00 UTC, which is 8:00 in Mexico City, 9:00 in New York City, 15:00 in Berlin and 23:00 in Sydney. If you are interested in being on the provisional board but cannot attend, please comment at Talk:The Wikinewsie Group/Meetings to let the community know. --LauraHale (talk) 21:28, 26 April 2013 (UTC)Reply

IEG Committee questions


Hi Superzerocool, thanks for adding yourself as a candidate for the IEG Committee! The committee has decided to ask candidates 2 questions so that we can get to know everyone a little better. I hope you won't mind coming back to the committee's meta page to answer these questions? Hope to see you there soon! Siko (WMF) (talk) 04:01, 27 August 2013 (UTC)Reply

Welcome to the IEG Committee


Hi Superzerocool,
Thanks for signing up to join the Individual Engagement Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We’ve got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 3 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started:

To make your membership official, please do 2 things by Tuesday 10 September:

  1. Introduce yourself in the IdeaLab.
  2. Send your email address and preferred username to IEGrants(_AT_)wikimedia.org, so that we can subscribe you to the committee mailing list and get you setup on the committee's internal wiki.

Then there are 3 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:

  1. Review information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), including responsibilities and the review process.
  2. Join a working group.
  3. Start giving public feedback on open ideas, drafts and proposals. Asking questions to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through, and will give us more great proposals to choose from.

Our formal review of proposals starts in early October. I’ll be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list and in the Workroom closer to that time, so please keep an eye there!

Thanks again for joining us to help make impactful IEGrants :) Siko (WMF) (talk) 23:52, 5 September 2013 (UTC)Reply

Translation request


Greetings. I see you have experience translating pages here at Meta. If you are willing and able, Wikimedia LGBT, a proposed user group, is currently recruiting people to assist with page translations. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 16:50, 24 November 2013 (UTC)Reply

Thank you very, very much for your assistance. You can click on tabs at the top of the Wikimedia LGBT page to view other project pages, such as Activities, Business, History, Participants, or you can view Category:Wikimedia LGBT. You can see that many project pages are currently being translated into multiple languages, which is fantastic. Again, thank you for your help. --Another Believer (talk) 17:48, 25 November 2013 (UTC)Reply

Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics

Idea Lab
Idea Lab
Idea Lab
Idea Lab

Hello, Superzerocool! We've added Events to IdeaLab, and you're invited :)

Upcoming events focus on turning ideas into Individual Engagement Grant proposals before the March 31 deadline. Need help or have questions about IEG? Join us at a Hangout:

  • Thursday, 13 March 2014, 1600 UTC
  • Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 1700 UTC
  • Saturday, 29 March 2014, 1700 UTC

Hope to see you there!

This message was delivered automatically to IEG and IdeaLab participants. To unsubscribe from any future IEG reminders, remove your name from this list

Rosetta barnstar

The Meta-Wiki Rosetta barnstar 2013
For being among the top 40 Meta-Wiki translators in 2013, with over 500 translation units edits! If I knew all the Wikimedia languages I'd also compliment you for how spot-on your translations are, but I must leave that to your language colleagues. :) Cheers, Nemo 21:49, 1 May 2014 (UTC)Reply

Translation request


Superzerocool, might you be willing to translate the main Wiki Loves Pride page at English Wikipedia into Spanish? Wikimedia LGBT is organizing a global campaign called Wiki Loves Pride, which will be held in June. I speak only English, but ideally, there will be similar project pages at Wikipedias of other languages. This will allow collaboration, discussion and the ability to organize events in languages other than English. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration. --Another Believer (talk) 15:35, 18 May 2014 (UTC)Reply

Thanks, Superzerocool. You can create the page at the Spanish equivalent of this page). For example, see the de.Wikipedia and fr.Wikipedia interwiki links, which direct to [https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Loves_Pride this page and this page? I assume the page would be at es:Wikipedia:Wiki Loves Pride, or whatever "Wikipedia" and/or "Wiki Loves Pride" translates to in Spanish. --Another Believer (talk) 21:01, 19 May 2014 (UTC)Reply



For the deliveries to the Espanol projects, Superzerocool - much appreciated! PEarley (WMF) (talk) 14:33, 3 September 2014 (UTC)Reply

Superprotect status


Dear Superzerocool, since you are an administrator on a wiki from which no user participated in this discussion, I'd like to make sure you are aware of some recent events which may alter what the Wikimedia Foundation lets you do on your wiki: Superprotect.

Peteforsyth 09:50, 12 September 2014 (UTC)Reply

Inspire Campaign Funding Committee


Hi Superzerocool. Thanks so much for signing up to participate on the Inspire Campaign Funding Committee! We really appreciate your support and willingness to share your time and expertise. We'd love to get your feedback on the funding page we've created for the campaign. Please post any questions/comments on the discussion page. If you can no longer serve on the committee or would like to contact me directly, please email awang(_AT_)wikimedia.org. Thanks again! Alex Wang (WMF) (talk) 21:21, 16 February 2015 (UTC)Reply

Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey


Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!

Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.

Many thanks,

Jmorgan (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the IdeaLab team.

23:35, 13 April 2015 (UTC)

This message was delivered automatically to Inspire campaign participants. To unsubscribe from any future IdeaLab reminders, remove your name from this list

Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey


Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!

Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.

Many thanks,

Jmorgan (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the IdeaLab team.

00:35, 14 April 2015 (UTC)

This message was delivered automatically to Inspire campaign participants. To unsubscribe from any future IdeaLab reminders, remove your name from this list

You're invited to the Ally Skills Workshop at Wikimania!


You were suggested as someone who might be interested in the Ally Skills Training Workshop at Wikimania! The workshop is designed to train Wikipedia admins to be more aware of sexism and is funded by an Inspire grant. The workshop will focus on teaching specific skills and techniques directly relevant to Wikipedia admins and editors, and in particular will teach people about the psychology of trolls. The workshop will be on Thursday July 16 from 2pm to 5pm in Don Diego 3.

If you are attending Wikimania, you are invited to apply to the Ally Skills Workshop! Space is limited and we may not be able to accept all applications, so apply now. More information, including a link to the application form, is here:

Ally Skills Workshop description and application form

People of all genders are welcome to attend. Unfortunately, travel scholarships for Wikimania are already closed and we don't know of any other sources of travel funding. If you know anyone else attending Wikimania who might be interested in attending this workshop, please encourage them to apply!

Thank you for your time,

Valerie Aurora (Instructor and Interim Executive Director of the Ada Initiative)

Valerie Aurora (talk) 22:42, 10 July 2015 (UTC)Reply

How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?


Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.

After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!

In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:

This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 01:24, 19 August 2015 (UTC)Reply

Last call for WMF grants feedback!


Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.

With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation.

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery. 19:09, 4 September 2015 (UTC)Reply



Hola. Estaba pensando que, en tanto que Wikilibros alberga el recetario, se podrían activar los banners de Wikitour también para es.wikibooks. ¿Qué te parece? Un abrazo, —MarcoAurelio 09:26, 17 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

Hecho. Gracias :) —MarcoAurelio 17:55, 19 September 2015 (UTC)Reply

What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?


Hi there,

I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!

Here’s how to participate:

Take care,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 03:33, 5 December 2015 (UTC)Reply

Notice of removal of global bot status from one or various accounts of yours


Hello Superzerocool. You are being contacted as owner of one or more accounts flagged with global bot status. This is to inform you that pursuant §1.1.4 of the global bot policy as amended by this RFC one or various of the global bots which you operate are inactive in the terms laid out by the global bot policy. As such, global bot status from those account(s) have been removed. This message is being left on Meta-Wiki and on your homewiki. We thank you for your work as global bot operator. If you have any questions or concerns, you can raise them at the Stewards' Noticeboard on Meta-Wiki. Best regards. —MarcoAurelio 23:18, 26 January 2016 (UTC)Reply

Future IdeaLab Campaigns results


Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.

With great thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources, Wikimedia Foundation. 23:56, 26 January 2016 (UTC)Reply

Global bot

This message is being left on your talk page at Meta-Wiki and those of your home wiki(s). Sorry for the duplicates.

Dear global bot operator: Some days ago you received a message in which you were informed that one or various accounts you hold lost a global bot flag because of inactivity. Due to a mistake, messages informing about this were not sent before removal took place as policy mandates. As such, if you think your bot will be active again on global bot duties, you can request the restoration of the global bot flag on the stewards' noticeboard at Meta-Wiki within the next two (2) weeks after this message has been posted. Please note that this removal was purely procedural based on inactivity. If you have any questions, you can reach me on my talk page at Meta-Wiki. Please accept my apologies in advance for this. Best regards. -- MediaWiki message delivery (talk) on behalf of MarcoAurelio at 18:11, 2 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

Inspire Campaign on content curation & review


I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.

All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out Instructions) This message was sent by I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) through MediaWiki message delivery.

Should FuzzyBot remove all potentially outdated translations?


Hello, thanks for adding multiple new translations in your language here at Meta-Wiki in recent years. Please join the discussion with your opinion: Should FuzzyBot automatically remove all potentially outdated translations?. Nemo (talk) 12:00, 1 March 2016 (UTC)Reply

Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants


Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.

With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF), Community Resources 15:57, 31 March 2016 (UTC)Reply

Permiso de coordinador de traducción


Hola. Al final te he asignado yo mismo los permisos. Estoy enfadado, la verdad, pues esperaba que algún compañero lo hiciere y así evitar posibles conflictos de interés (por mi parte ninguno todo sea dicho), pero parece que nadie está dispuesto a hacer su trabajo. En fin, espero que estas nuevas herramientas te sean de utilidad. Como le digo a todo el mundo, por favor léete los manuales de uso de la herramienta y de formato de traducción. Si no los han vuelto a cambiar de sitio, estaban en mediawiki. Un abrazo y perdona la demora. —MarcoAurelio 12:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC)Reply

Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.

Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 17:47, 31 May 2016 (UTC) (Opt-out instructions)Reply

Welcome to the Project Grants Committee


Hi Superzerocool,

Thanks for signing up to join the Project Grants Committee! It is my pleasure to confirm your membership. We've got a lot to accomplish together, particularly during the next 2 months, and it will be awesome to have your help. Here is how to get started!

To make your membership official, please email mjohnson(_AT_)wikimedia · org by Sunday, August 14, and include the following three pieces of information:

  1. Your preferred email address for the committee mailing list
  2. Your preferred username for the committee's scoring tool
  3. Indicate all of the times from this list that would work for you to participate in a Committee Orientation:
    1. Tuesday August 16, 2016 - 1600 UTC
    2. Tuesday August 16, 2016 - 1900 UTC
    3. Wednesday August 17, 2016 - 0100 UTC
    4. Thursday August 18, 2016 - 1600 UTC
    5. Thursday August 18, 2016 - 2200 UTC
    6. Friday August 19, 2016 - 0100 UTC
    7. if none of the above times work for you, please provide at least two times that would work for you (be sure to indicate the date and the time zone)

Then, there are 2 first tasks for active committee members to start on right away:

  1. Read the information in the Committee Workroom (your committee organizing hub on meta), beginning with the getting started guide for new members.
  2. Start giving feedback on open proposals. Ask questions or make suggestions on the proposal talk pages to gather information you’ll need to make a recommendation. Your input helps prospective grantees think their projects all the way through and helps other committee members with their own review. The more you can support applicants now, the stronger the proposals we'll have to choose from.

The general calendar for this round is as follows:

Round 1 2016 schedule

Open call: 1 July – 2 August

Proposal deadline: 2 August

Staff eligibility review: 3–9 August

Community review: 10–23 August

Committee review: 24 August – 6 September

Grantees announced: 7 October

Grants disbursed: October


Our formal review of proposals starts on August 24. WMF staff will be posting information about scoring and selection of proposals on the committee mailing list, so please keep an eye there!

Thanks again for joining us to help make impactful Project Grants! :-)

--Marti (WMF) (talk) 23:50, 10 August 2016 (UTC)Reply

Project Grants committee's wiki



I've created the Project Grants committee some months ago.

To continue to set up this wiki, we need a committee member to be bureaucrat. Responsibilities include to get an account on this wiki, then create accounts for fellow committee members.

As I've noticed you're active to comment grants requests, I'm asking you to do this. Could you reach me on IRC, so we can configure that together (my nickname is Dereckson)? --Dereckson (talk) 11:30, 21 March 2017 (UTC)Reply

Tech ambassadors, "take two"


Hello tech ambassador! This month has seen a good influx of new faces in this crew \o/ , so it is time to reactivate our conversations. Now that we have a pretty good coverage of so many different projects, here are some topics for your consideration.

  1. Are there further thoughts on the role itself? I hope the questions available on Meta can help spark them. Please weigh in at Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#Tech ambassadors, take 2.
  2. How about we try and organise future collective work in a Phabricator workboard? Talk:Tech/Ambassadors/List#A Phab workboard for us? has all the details to explore this proposal.
  3. Finally, you are also welcome to comment at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T177923, should you happen to have suggestions for the Community Liaisons team, currently wondering how to measure "Wiki projects requesting beta features and other early deployments".

We hope to be able to host a live discussion in early 2018; until then, we're looking forward to hearing from you on Meta! All the best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk), on behalf of the Community Liaisons

Getting started on Phabricator


Greetings, ambassador!

As recently discussed within this group, we are ready to experiment with setting up a project and its related workboard on Phabricator, the platform used in the Wikimedia movement for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests. It will help us coordinate and cooperate better on projects that should require ambassadors' involvement.

For the time being, I'm just asking that you please add your Phabricator nickname next to your name in the ambassadors' table (you can create an account now if you don't have one already). I will send you further information soon! Thanks for your patience as we get to the operational stage of this effort :) Best, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 14:51, 16 January 2018 (UTC)Reply

New community space for IdeaLab on Connect


Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.

We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out instructions)

Inspire Campaign on Measuring Community Health


Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.

If you're interested, consider joining the Inspire Campaign. I JethroBT (WMF) 17:14, 13 July 2018 (UTC)Reply

(Opt-out instructions)

BOT-Superzerocool en ca.wikinews


Hola, he visto en tu página de usuario de es.wikinews que ahora sólo estás activo en Meta y en es.wikipedia, por eso te contacto por aquí. La cuestión es que el bot lleva desde el 17 de noviembre sin actualizar la plantilla de ca.wikinews y sería genial si pudieras echarle un vistazo y corregir el problema para que el bot siguiera con su trabajo en nuestra wiki. Un saludo.--Syum90 (talk) 17:06, 15 July 2018 (UTC)Reply

Talk pages consultation - it is time to close the Phase 1!



You have volunteered to be a coordinator for the Talk pages consultation 2019. Thank you again!

Community summaries are due by Saturday, April 6, 2019. It is now time to close the conversations. We really thank everyone who has participated. Every opinion matters.

What is a community summary?

The goal of a community summary is to wrap up the discussions and provide a summary of what your participants said. That way, other communities can learn about your community's needs, concerns, and ideas. We have seen very different feedback on different wikis, and it is time to discover what everyone thinks!

Please include in that summary:

  • every perspective or idea your community had, and
  • how frequent each idea was; for example,
    • how many users shared a given opinion
    • whether an idea was more common among different types of contributors (newcomers, beginners, experienced editors...)

You can add as much detail as you want in that summary.

Please post it on the page for community summaries, using the most international English you have.

Can't the Wikimedia Foundation read all the feedback?

We are trying, but we really need your help. For most conversations, we have to use machine translation, which has limitations. This can help us find the most common needs or global ideas. Machine translation is useful, but it does not tell us how people are feeling or what makes your community unique.

Your community summary should be built from your community's perspective, experience and culture. You might also know of relevant discussions in other places, which we did not find (for example, perhaps someone left a note on your user talk page – it is okay to include that!). Your summary is extremely important to us.

What are the next steps?

Phase 2 will happen in April. We will analyze the individual feedback, your community summary, and some user testing. We hope to have a clear view of everyone's ideas and needs at the end of April.

Some ideas generated during phase 1 may be mutually exclusive. Some ideas might work better for some purposes or some kinds of users. During Phase 2, we'll all talk about which problems are more urgent, which projects are most closely aligned with the overall needs and goals of the movement, and which ideas we should focus on first.

Discussions about these ideas may be shaped and be moderated by the Wikimedia Foundation, guided by our decision criteria, listed on the project page.

How can I help now?

  • Please provide the summary. :)
  • While we study the feedback, we may ask you for more information.
  • We will need your help for Phase 2 as well, probably to translate or publicize some future materials we may have.

If you have any questions or need some help, please ask.

Thank you again for your help, Trizek (WMF) 18:12, 3 April 2019 (UTC)Reply

The Affiliate-selected Board seats process welcomes your support


Hello. You are receiving this message because you are active in the field of translations <3 The movement needs you! The Nominations phase has started for the ongoing selection process of two Board members, and the timeline is quite tight.

A Translation Central is available to help translators figure out what's been covered and what's left to do. Over the course of the next few weeks, your attention on candidates' profiles is particularly welcome.

While there are four languages that are especially relevant for multiple affiliates (namely Arabic, French, Russian and Spanish), you can also add others. If you can't help: please see if you know anyone in your circle who could, and spread the word :) Thank you! Elitre (WMF) and Facilitators of ASBS 2019, 13:20, 18 April 2019 (UTC)Reply

Talk pages consultation: Phase 2 starts!

"icon depicting two speech Bubbles"

The Wikimedia Foundation is currently conducting a global consultation about communication. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.

Phase 1 of the consultation is over, thank you very much for your help on setting up that first phase. We've published the Phase 1 report. The report summarizes what we've learned, proposes a direction for the project, and asks specific questions to explore in Phase 2.

Very briefly, the proposed direction is that wikitext talk pages should be improved, and not replaced. We propose building a new design on top of talk pages that changes the page's default appearance, and offers key tools like replying, indenting and signing posts. To keep consistency with existing tools, the new design will be a default experience that existing users can opt out of. We also propose building features that experienced contributors want, including the ability to watchlist a single discussion, and the ability to move, archive and search for threads. Building these features may require some loss of flexibility, or small-to-medium changes in wikitext conventions. The goal is to only make changes that directly enable functionality that users really want.

You can see more information and discussion about the proposed direction in the Phase 1 report, including the results of new user tests and some of the quotations from Phase 1 discussions that led to this proposal.

Now it's time to start Phase 2!

We have six questions to discuss in Phase 2, asking for reactions to the proposed direction, and pros and cons for specific changes that we could make.

Can you help by hosting a discussion at your wiki? Here's what to do:

  1. First, sign up your group here.
  2. Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, a dedicated page, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group.
  3. Then start the conversation with the six questions listed in the Questions for Phase 2 section of the report.
  4. Inform your community about the Phase 2. We will display a banner on the wikis when some communities will have setup their local consultation places.
  5. When the conversation is concluded, please write a summary of the discussion on the Phase 2 community discussion summaries page, and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public. Community summaries for Phase 2 are due by June 15, 2019

You can read more about the overall process on MediaWiki.org. If you have questions or ideas, you can leave feedback about the consultation process in the language you prefer.

Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.

Best, Trizek (WMF) 07:35, 18 May 2019 (UTC)Reply

Talk pages consultation Phase 2 update


The Phase 2 of the talk pages consultation has begun. Several communities have already signed-up. This email is sent to every Phase 1 coordinator to provide you some updates.

If you prefer not to participate to the phase 2 as a coordinator, no worries: you can ignore that message, and you will not receive any message from us for the phase 2. In the future, we will only send messages to people who've listed their names on the phase 2 page. You've been very helpful for the phase 1 and we still thank you for your help. Can you forward this message to other people who may help?

Create a group or have it ready

Some groups are ready, some other are still under construction and we still miss some languages or wikis. We invite you to sign-up your community page for the phase 2.

We have two tables: one for under construction pages, the other one for ready-to-go pages. Under construction pages should be listed: we can help you to built it if needed. Those pages have to list the questions we have and should provide a link to the Phase 1 report.

Pages that are ready to be used have to be moved to the "Confirmed participant groups" section to that we can add them to the banner.

Banner and advertizing

When a community page is ready, we will help you to have it known. We are going to display a banner with link to the consultation on your wiki. We need some help to translate that banner (it is very short). We will not display a banner without translation to your community.

Don't forget to add a link to the consultation to any page on your wiki where people can see the information. You can also invite other wikis in your language to participate to one global page (like for Russian language).

Don't forget to post the information about Phase 2 on social medias related to your wiki(s), and ping people who participated to the phase 1.

Phase 1 report

The Phase 1 report is ready and communities should be aware if it. Please invite people to read it!

If you have any question, please contact me !

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 08:35, 27 May 2019 (UTC)Reply

The Research team could use your help


Hello. You are receiving this message because of your recent activity in the Translations namespace.

The Wikimedia Research team is developing a new algorithm that automatically recommends sections for editors to add to articles. Translations have already occurred for some of the few languages that we are testing in, except for Spanish and Russian. If you have some time in the next few days, please consider translating the short message (only 6 items) we aim to send out soon, in one or both of these languages. (And if you feel like you want to support your tester peers even more, you can do so by taking care of the related instructions page.)

Thank you! Jonathan Morgan & Diego Saez-Trumper, Wikimedia Foundation Research - 18:14, 19 June 2019 (UTC)Reply

Hello. Reaching out to you as you're among the "tech ambassadors" for this language. Now that the translation work is over, we'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts about the recommendations this week, and also you spreading the word to other experienced editors willing to lend a hand! Thank you! Jonathan Morgan & Diego Saez-Trumper, Wikimedia Foundation Research --08:30, 25 June 2019 (UTC)Reply

Module:Prix/Data from fr:Wikivoyage


Hello, I'm coming back about the problem I reported to you on last March 5th (see here) and that remained unresolved. Best regards, --Omondi (talk) 12:15, 14 July 2019 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for your implication in resolving the problem. --Omondi (talk) 09:35, 31 July 2019 (UTC)Reply

Please translate the Editing newsletter


Would you please translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2019/July into your favorite language for me? I'd really appreciate it. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17:30, 19 July 2019 (UTC)Reply

Talk pages consultation: final report published



Over the past six months, a big consultation was hosted on various wikis about talk pages. You have helped us to host those conversations on your wiki, and we want to thank you about your help. Without your assistance, it would not have been possible to achieve it.

We are happy to inform you that the the Phase 2 report is now published. Like every community member, you are more than welcomed to write your thoughts about this report on the talk page, and watchlist the project page.

The publication is an important step: now we have a direction and the Editing team is going to work on the talk pages project. The next steps will be presented at Wikimania, on Saturday August 17, at 14:00 UTC. The session will be livrstreamed and recorded.

Thank you again for your help and assistance. The success of this consultation would not have been possible without you.

Danny Horn, Benoît Evellin, Sherry Snyder, Thomas Meadows and Peter Pelberg, 09:48, 16 August 2019 (UTC)Reply

Thanks for your help


Hi there, translator! Here's a little token of appreciation for a recent effort you contributed to. Surprised? Well, the best is yet to come.

  • We'd love to send you this badge as an actual sticker. If you want, you can use this Google Form to communicate your address so we can ship it to you. Note that we will close the form on October 13, 2019, and all data will be removed shortly afterwards. Details about this external site are provided at the top of the form.
  • We also have this badge waiting for you on Wikimedia Space. You can use the form linked above to let us know what your username is on this brand new hub, so that you can get the award there as well. If you don't have an account yet, just go ahead and enjoy joining via Wikimedia login in just a few clicks. (And in case you hadn't heard yet, you can join the community of translators there as well).

Again, thanks for everything you are doing to make this movement a better (and multilingual!) place: please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions, and I hope to hear from you soon. --Elitre (WMF), 13:03, 28 September 2019 (UTC)Reply

Un grazie e un libro sulla conoscenza libera per te

Wikimedia Italia
Wikimedia Italia

Gentile Superzerocool,

oggi ti scrivo a nome dell'associazione Wikimedia Italia per ringraziarti del tempo che hai dedicato ai progetti Wikimedia.

Come piccolo omaggio avremmo piacere di spedirti una copia (tutta in carta riciclata) del libro di Carlo Piana, Open source, software libero e altre libertà. Fornisci un recapito per ricevere una copia del libro.

Pochi giorni fa il mondo ha festeggiato la giornata dell'amore per il software libero, ma ogni giorno è buono per ricordare le garanzie delle licenze libere e le centinaia di migliaia di persone che si sono unite per costruire questo bene comune della conoscenza. Speriamo che questo libro ti sia utile per apprezzare quanto hai fatto e per trasmettere la passione della conoscenza libera a una persona a te vicina.

Se desideri una copia ma non puoi fornirci un indirizzo a cui spedirla, contatta la segreteria Wikimedia Italia e troviamo una soluzione insieme.

Grazie ancora e a presto,

Lorenzo Losa (msg) 14:50, 20 February 2020 (UTC)Reply

Translation request


Could you please translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2020/April into Spanish? I hope to send the newsletter this Wednesday (approximately 50 hours from now). If this is possible, I would appreciate your help. Thank you for considering my request for help. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 15:17, 6 April 2020 (UTC)Reply

Thank you for translating VisualEditor/Newsletter/2020/April. I really appreciate your support and your help in getting information to so many editors in their preferred languages. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 20:10, 13 April 2020 (UTC)Reply

Newsletter translation


Would you like to translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2020/June? I hope to get it delivered in about five days. I really appreciate your help. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 04:38, 14 June 2020 (UTC)Reply

Please translate


Please translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2020/August for me. I hope it will be delivered early next week. Thank you, Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 02:10, 19 August 2020 (UTC)Reply

Sunday August 23: Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network meeting

Strategic flock of Wikimedians heading in a new direction.

The Strategic Wikimedia Affiliates Network (SWAN) is a proposed forum for all Wikimedia movement affiliates to share ideas on the Wikimedia 2030 strategy process. It expands on the model of the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting to help lay some of the groundwork for a future Global Council.

The idea is to follow up on the All-Affiliates Brand Meeting and other strategic and outreach topics of mutual concern to all affiliates, and you are all invited to RSVP here.--Pharos (talk) 15:17, 21 August 2020 (UTC)Reply

Wiki of functions and Abstract Wikipedia


Hi Superzerocool. I was wondering if you would be interested in helping to translate some content related to the Abstract Wikipedia project. In particular: this short message I plan to send next week; and the intro and first 2 sections (and optionally more!) at Abstract Wikipedia/Wiki of functions naming contest. As a multilingual user, I also hope you might be interested in watching the main project page, and participating more in that entire project in the future, if you're not already! Much thanks if you are able to help with this, and I hope you have a good weekend. Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 23:29, 25 September 2020 (UTC)Reply

Community Wishlist Survey


Thanks for taking care for the invitation message! Is it possible for you to translate more messages about the Community Wishlist Survey? If you know other English-Spanish translators, you can also share this request with them. Gracias! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 01:25, 14 November 2020 (UTC)Reply

Notification about a grant request



As someone who commented about my grant request (including the talk page) last year requesting funding to create the GlobalWatchlist extension, I thought you might want to know that I have requested another grant to continue development. You can see the new request at Grants:Project/DannyS712/Continued work on GlobalWatchlist extension - if you support this, I hope you'll consider endorsing the request.

My apologies if you were already aware of the new grant request (I sent a similar message to the subscribers of User:DannyS712/Global watchlist/Updates - sorry for any duplicates).

Thanks, --DannyS712 (talk) 00:43, 19 April 2021 (UTC)Reply




Escribía para comentar que el robot a veces falla. Cambié una cosa hace unas semanas porque estaba mal redactada y SeroBOT la ha revertido cuando no se ha escrito nada obsceno ni se ha eliminado un parrafo entero, ni nada por el estilo.

La edición era la siguiente (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcharocles_megalodon): [Resalto en negrita el cambio en la frase]

Texto actual: El megalodón o megalodonte (Carcharocles megalodon; del gr. μέγας megas ‘grande’, raíz megal-, y ὀδούς odoús ‘diente’, raíz odont-) es una especie extinta de tiburón que vivió hace entre 19,8 y 2,6 millones de años, aproximadamente, durante el Cenozoico...

La corrección (revertida por SeroBOT): El megalodón o megalodonte (Carcharocles megalodon; del gr. μέγας megas ‘grande’, raíz megal-, y ὀδούς odoús ‘diente’, raíz odont-) es una especie extinta de tiburón que vivió hace unos 19,8-2,6 millones de años, aproximadamente, durante el Cenozoico...

P.D. Lo que intento decir, es que hace entre no tiene sentido. Está mal redactado.

I need the help of a translationadmin in moving a page


Dear Superzerocool,

How is your day going? I don't mean to take so much of your time. I raised a little issue on Babylon's Talk and would be so lucky to have you help out. Thank you Danidamiobi (talk) 22:19, 22 June 2022 (UTC)Reply

Translation request


Could you please translate VisualEditor/Newsletter/2022/August into Spanish for me? It is seven short sentences. Thank you for considering my request. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 01:33, 19 August 2022 (UTC)Reply

Pages deleted upon your request


Hey, I have deleted those pages except one /doc which is already on template NS. Kindly fix broken links to other pages you have created. Please let me know if I can be of any help. Kind regards, — Tulsi 24x7 04:07, 29 September 2022 (UTC)Reply

Your RfBot


Hello Superzerocool, your request at Meta:Requests for bot status/Web2cit-monitor-bot has closed successfully, the bot flag has been added. Please see the request to note the limit of this task, if you need to expand in the future please file a new request. Please add a description of the task to User:Web2cit-monitor-bot, link to the request - so anyone coming across the bot will know what its purpose and scope is. Best regards, — xaosflux Talk 09:57, 2 November 2022 (UTC)Reply

Reminder to vote now to ratify the Wikimedia Movement Charter

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki. Please help translate to your language

Dear Wikimedian,

You are receiving this message because you previously voted in the 2021 Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) election.

This is a reminder that if you have not voted yet on the ratification of the final Wikimedia Movement Charter draft, please do so by July 9, 2024 at 23:59 UTC.

You can read the final text of the Wikimedia Movement Charter in your language. Following that, check on whether you are eligible to vote. If you are eligible, cast your vote on SecurePoll.

On behalf of the Charter Electoral Commission,

RamzyM (WMF) 15:23, 5 July 2024 (UTC)Reply