|← User page||Syum90's talk page||Archives →|
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Hola Syum. Creo que ya sabes por qué estoy aquí. El panorama es desolador y me gustaría saber si has por lo menos considerado el volver a presentarte este año. No quiero forzarte a hacer nada que no quieras, máxime sabiendo lo desagradable que es estar tres semanas en la palestra, pero creo que tenía que decírtelo. Un abrazo, —MarcoAurelio 10:34, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: querido amigo, antes de nada te agradezco de corazón la enorme confianza que una vez más demuestras tener en mí, sin duda inmerecida. Desde que me dejaste el mensaje ayer tenemos algún otro candidato, alguno bueno además, y me da la impresión que la gente va a esperar hasta el final para presentar su candidatura. En lo que respecta a mí, como ya le comenté a Yeza hace casi un año, no volveré a ser candidato, es una decisión definitiva e irrevocable. Habrás notado, además, que mi actividad en los proyectos Wikimedia se ha reducido bastante en el último año debido a cuestiones personales y laborales, y previsiblemente continuará descendiendo. Seguiré sin embargo aportando mi granito de arena lo mejor que pueda. Un abrazo.--Syum90 (talk) 08:46, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for your participation during the Inspire Campaign focused on outreach to outside knowledge networks from February 2017. I'm interested in hearing your experience during the campaign, so if you're able, I invite you to complete this brief survey to describe how you contributed to the campaign and how you felt about participating. I want to improve how campaigns are run, so let me know if there's something that could be done better for next time.
Hi there, there was a error with the Inspire survey link that caused the survey to be shown as expired, but has now been fixed. The link in the above message should now bring you to the survey. Apologies, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:20, 31 March 2017 (UTC)
- Please read Meta:About carefully before creating any other page. Regards.--Syum90 (talk) 16:10, 12 May 2017 (UTC)
A reply at Mediawiki
- @George Ho: Thank you very much for your help, I'll take a look :-) Syum90 (talk) 08:48, 18 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi, I’ve tried to create a new article about Standfore FS, a software programme. I couldn’t attach a picture and logo to the text, as it says the picture represents a malicious activity. Afterwards, the article was completely deleted. Could you please explain me what was the reason?
- @Olgaart85: hi, the page has been deleted from mediawiki.org because it was completely out of scope for that project, please read this page for further information. Regards. Syum90 (talk) 09:28, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Jarash: Deleted. Please speak with the user to try to understand what is he doing and why, he/she does not appear to be a vandal. Regards.--Syum90 (talk) 15:36, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
Should they be eliminated?
Thank you for deleting many of the pages I submitted for deletion. This time I have a question, I occasionally find Discussion pages of IP with texts not referring to project topics, like this one , they are not obvious vandalism or spam, ... should they be eliminated? Thanks DARIO SEVERI (talk) 05:56, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- @DARIO SEVERI: Hi fellow, first of all I want to congratulate you for your recent successful request for GS. Well, many times when you find pages like this, created by the own IP and completely off-topic/out of project scope, you can research the IP because it can be used for spamming, as it is the case. I've blocked the IP because it is widely used for spamming, but I've left the deletion for you :-) Even if not created by a spammer, a page like this can be deleted anyway because it has nothing to do with the project. Regards.--Syum90 (talk) 09:13, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
Active sysops tool
Hola. ¿Podrías traducir al catalán https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-Strategy2030_Phase1Prop&language=ca y de paso también publicarlo? Saludos, —MarcoAurelio (talk) 13:33, 15 August 2017 (UTC)
- @MarcoAurelio: hola compañero, antes de nada disculpa por atenderte tan tarde pero es que estoy hasta arriba de trabajo. Le he echado un vistazo a la traducción en catalán y ya está traducida, y correctamente además, por lo que me he limitado simplemente a publicarla. La cuestión es que aparece como desactualizada y la nueva versión aparece totalmente en blanco.--Syum90 (talk) 08:31, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
ZU WP hit by Japanese junk IP page creations
Greetings, @Syum90: You kindly deleted an inappropriate Japanese-content page created early today in the Zulu WP. Now that same IP user returned, somehow restored it with the same name, and created four more pages: see zu:Special:RecentChanges. Meanwhile the ZU WP is still without an Admin and our usual Small Wiki patroller, User:DARIO SEVERI, is off and away for a few weeks. On behalf of us few regulars, we'd appreciate your intervention. Cheers, Deborahjay (talk) 18:08, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Deborahjay: Hi, I've deleted the pages and semi-protected one of them because it had been recreated many times. Regards.--Syum90 (talk) 09:50, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
Edited to add: (09 October 2017) - the ZU WP got hit again by an IP user, adding five new pages in Japanese, including that Tokyo railway station again (this time as a Talk page! clever work-around?). View on zu:Special:RecentChanges. Are you available to intervene again? -- Cheers, Deborahjay (talk) 17:11, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Deborahjay: Hi, it has been impossible to me to handle this request until now, and as I can see the pages have been already deleted by Dario. Please feel free to contact me again if any administrative action is needed; I also inform you that any steward or GS can perform these actions, and I recommend you to make your requests at SRM in order to can be seen by any GS or steward. Regards.--Syum90 (talk) 11:51, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to Blocking tools consultation
The Wikimedia Foundation's Anti-Harassment Tools team is inviting all Wikimedians to discuss new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools in December 2017 for development work in early 2018.
We are specifically contacting you for your ideas because you are one of the top users of the blocking tool on Meta. We think that your comments will help us make better improvements. You can post to the discussion in the language that you are most comfortable expressing your ideas.
Other ways that you can help
- Spread the word that the consultation is happening; this is an important discussion for making decisions about improving the blocking tools.
- Help with translation.
- If you know of current or previous discussions about blocking tools that happened on your wiki, share the links.
- Help summarize the discussion to share back to your wiki.
If you have questions you can contact me on wiki or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team, SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 20:21, 18 December 2017 (UTC)
- I apologize for posting in English.
- Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.
Reminder about Blocking consultation
The discussion about new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools is happening on meta now and is in the final days.
We contacted you because you are one of the top users of the blocking tool on this wiki. We think that your comments will help us make better improvements. There is still time to share your ideas. You can post to the discussion in any language.
Thank you if you have already shared your thoughts. You can also help out by sharing a link to the meta discussion with users on other wikis. Or you can translate the summary of the discussion and share it on another wiki.
If you have questions you can contact me on wiki or by email.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team, SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 23:22, 16 January 2018 (UTC)
Restoring a SWMT article
Thanks for your work in SWMT! But I stumbled on a page, that was possibly wrongly deleted in 2016. The article in question is this: ltg:Latvijas Televīzija. I am a Latvian, but Latgalian is closely related, and from the short section it looks like Latgalian. Is there a possibility you could restore the article to make sure (if you can)? Sadly the Latgalian wiki is in a coma (and there aren't any admins), so a article there is in a way more important than in other more active places.
- Hi Silraks, and thank you for your interest in the Latgalian Wikipedia. I deleted the page because it was tagged for deletion by Wolverène. The reason for deletion was: "written in Latvian, not Latgalian". The whole page content was:
Latvijas Televīzija (LTV) ir vaļstij pīderoša TV kas raida nu 1954. goda 6. novembra.
Apologies if I was really wrong. I don't remember that situation, seems that I simply checked the text with Google Translator and for me it was doubtful. And now GT shows differences just between piederoša/pīderoša and no/nu. I'm also wondering if it's OK. I don't speak both languages, you know. Regards, --Wolverène (talk) 20:35, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
- @Wolverène: It's a mix of both of them. For example, I am pretty sure "novembra", "raida" are incorrect. But I was hoping the length of the article would've been longer. Anyways, thanks for the help/fast replies. I will correct a bit, as much as I can, and will restore it.--Silraks (talk) 20:47, 19 June 2018 (UTC)
New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.