User talk:Mjohnson (WMF)
Hello Marti, this is Shoichi Chou of Wikimedia chapter in Taiwan. Nice to meet you. I am the project manager of "rare characters in CJK fonts solution" team. This year our chapter still have some budget can be used in the project,so finally we decided not to apply grants this time. Thank you for caring about us. Our project is still going on. I just update the progress. I am sorry that reply you so late.--魔法設計師(Shoichi) (talk) 17:04, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know, 魔法設計師(Shoichi)! Glad to hear that your project is going forward. Thanks for updating your progress. Cheers, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:18, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
Re: Help offer
- Dispenser, I'm happy to help. Would it work for you to meet via Skype or Hangout? I'm not sure what time zone you are in, but I am available tomorrow morning between 6-8am Pacific Standard Time, or any time on Sunday between 6am and 8pm Pacific Standard Time. I also have availability on Monday, but want to offer weekend times first since the deadline is so soon. If you prefer to meet by Skype, please send me your handle. If you prefer to meet via Hangout, I'll provide a link on your user talk page once we confirm a time.
- Warm regards, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 02:31, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
Hi Mjohnson, sorry for answering so late to your kind message regarding my grant proposal "Women are everywhere". I'm aware that now it's to late for doing anything. I let the project in the draft status because I was a little discouraged about it, I had a feeling of loneliness in doing that. If I had read your message before, I would have asked your help. Thanks a lot for your interest. Kind regards, --Kenzia (talk) 16:20, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
- Alphama, I've very happy to hear from you! Unfortunately, I can't find a record of your email. Did you write from the same email account that you listed in your proposal? Would you please email me again? Please put the name of your IEG project in the subject line of your email and I'll keep my eye out for it. Thank you! --Marti (WMF) (talk) 00:47, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
Request for input on Wikipedia video project
Hello, I have completed an outline of the material that may be covered in the modules on this page.
Please note that not everyone will view every section. For example, some people may want to view only the modules that apply to Wikipedia, and others may be interested in the modules that apply to Commons.
Also, different language Wikipedias sometimes work differently. I am referring to English Wikipedia in the outline. One of the goals of the video series is to make the videos in a way that is easy to translate to other languages. One possible option is that for references to English Wikipedia which have no similarities on a Wikipedia of a different language, the portion of the video that is unnecessary can be removed from the translated version of the video. Also, members of different language communities may produce additional materials which they may add to the videos for their language, or the community members may replace portions of the English-language video with different information that is more applicable to Wikipedia in a different language.
WikiAtlas' Extension request
Hi Mjohnson, last october you very kindly offered me your help for my grant proposal "Women are everywhere". Now, I'm trying to improve it to present it for funding. It would be very helpful if you could have a look at the draft and give me your opinions ad advises. Many thanks, --Kenzia (talk) 10:55, 1 April 2016 (UTC)
Hi, thank you for you answer. I've already subscribed for the April 5th help session in Google Hangout. If it would be possible to set an individual session, I would be very grateful. Sincerely--Kenzia (talk) 08:37, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
Changes to grant funding in the future?
Thanks again for your time in the Google Hangout for IEG proposals. Plenty for me to think about going forward. I wanted to ask you about the proposed changes to the IEGs. I believe you said something about this round being the last round of IEGs as they are currently labeled? Can you elaborate on that?
- Evoapps, sorry I missed this message before. In July, we are launching our new grants program, Project Grants. Rapid Grants, for projects under $2,000 USD, was already recently launched. These two programs will replace IEG (and also absorb parts of PEG). All of the projects that could previously be funded through IEG will still be fundable through these programs. We are still finishing up the portal for Project Grants, but you can take a look at the material that's already there and feel free to ask additional questions here.
Hi Marti! Thanks for the updates. I was able to join in on 12 April only after the session was done. Can we have a meeting on either 14th or 15th at 16:00 - 17:00 UTC? Vincentvikram (talk) 03:42, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Vincentvikram, 16:00 - 17:00 UTC tomorrow (April 14th) will work! Please ping me on Hangout directly (mjohnson wikimedia · org). Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 04:35, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
April 30th Meeting
Hi Marti (WMF), Thanks for the information on meeting slated for April 30th Meeting for the new members of IEG Committee. Please note that the date is tight for me. I will appreciate if we could look at May 2nd. Thanks Olaniyan Olushola (talk) 10:07, 29 April 2016 (UTC)
How to withdraw the IEG proposal
Hi Mjohnson (WMF), two days ago I wrote a message for you on the talk page of my IEG proposal. Have you seen it? Please, could you answer to my question? I'm waiting for your indications. Thank you, --Kenzia (talk) 06:45, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
What is the next step after IEG committee feedback?
Hi @Mjohnson (WMF):! I think a common doubt most IEG applicants have is what should we now do after obtaining feedback and rubric-based scoring by the committee. Should we update the proposal based on the feedback or address the points in the discussion page? Do let us know how to proceed. Thanks Vincentvikram (talk) 07:07, 6 June 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Vincentvikram, it's always a good idea to respond to feedback after committee scoring, but it's not required. Though your project wasn't funded this round, you have the option to use committee feedback to revise your proposal and resubmit in a current round. You can highlight changes you've made in your talk page. It's not uncommon for applicants re-submit revised proposals and successfully get funding awards in a future round. Since this was the last round of IEG we just went through, you have two options for this project. If you can reduce your budget to $2,000 USD, you can submit it through Rapid Grants at any time. Alternatively, we'll launch the new Project Grants program on July 1, with submissions due by August 2. If you'd like feedback from a staff member, we'll have a series of hangouts for applicants to talk about their proposals which will be posted here soon (not listed yet, but they should be up within the coming week).
- Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thanks for delivering the committee's decision on my proposal Grants:IEG/Curation of courses and resources on Wikiversity!
I seem to recall that the committee members are listed here somewhere. Can you supply me with the list of committee members that evaluated my proposal, or direct me to the resource here that lists or names them (user names)? --Marshallsumter (talk) 23:12, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- Sure thing, Marshallsumter. Here is the link: Grants:IEG/Committee#ieg-members. --Marti (WMF) (talk) 16:39, 11 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks, Marti!
- I have a couple of questions for the committee members which I am still formulating. I would like to pass them by you first if that would be okay.
- I checked the discussion page for Grants:IEG/Committee#ieg-members and noticed that the members do not answer questions. So I'm not sure the best way to start except here with you, again if it is okay. --Marshallsumter (talk) 01:07, 12 July 2016 (UTC)
How to copy information in Wikimedia sites
Hi Marti, it appears that you made an inadvertent copyright violation with this edit: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Grants%3AProject%2FCommittee%2FWorkroom&type=revision&diff=15831894&oldid=15831879. At least some of that information appears to have been copied from Grants:IEG/Committee/Workroom, which has content that was written by a number of people including me. Please read this page for a guideline that discusses how to copy information from one Wikimedia page to another. (I plan to discuss this subject in the LearnWiki video series, because many people make mistakes when copying Wikimedia content like this. I made a similar mistake when I was new.) Thanks, --Pine✉ 06:22, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Pine, since I'm transferring instructions within the Grants space on Meta, moving instructions written for the IEG Committee (which is now closed) to provide instructions for the Project Grants committee (which effectively replaces the IEG Committee), I'm surprised that you are citing an English Wikipedia editing guideline as relevant. I'd like to confirm with my team whether this policy is, in fact, relevant. I'll get back to you about it in our next call, especially since one of the recommendations provided about LearnWiki was to make sure that ENWP policies are not inadvertently applied across all Wikimedia sites, since they are actually not universally applicable. That said, I'll make a note on the talkpage about the source link. Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 16:44, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
Hi Marti, can you respond to the recent input at Grants talk:Project/Rapid/Northern Africa Challenge? Cheers.Dr. Blofeld (talk) 09:18, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
Hello Mjohnson. The program Mentor is almost up and running in the Greek wikipedia with the help of my fellow wikipedian Glorious 93. I' m still hoping for a grant in the near future, because I still think that there is a place for it in the education. The realisation of Mentor concerns the interaction of people, and it covers a great piece of the educational program in Wikipedia School of Athens and Asaf's idea of Wikimedia School. Therefore I would really like for you to guide me through the process of a Project grant if possible.
Thank you --Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής (talk) 10:39, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
- Ανώνυμος Βικιπαιδιστής,
- I'd be more than happy to offer support with the process. We are hosting regular Proposal Clinics via Hangout, posted here:
- You can also email me directly for help at mjohnson wikimedia · org.
- Best, --Marti (WMF) (talk) 17:19, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
Thank you Marti
Thank you Marti for your support in the TPS Grants page I Congresso Científico Brasileiro da Wikipedia. Best regards, João
Hi, I think you have forgotten to checked the feedback you requested on the proposal. It has been more than 10 days since I have replied. Please check it. Thank You.--Jnanaranjan sahu (talk) 04:40, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
Typical day in my email inbox
The project is not funded yet
Hi, I'm still awaiting a response from you via email on a proposal. I know you're very busy but I did send you something a good three weeks ago which you promised you'd look at. Can you please email and just update me on where we are, I would really appreciate it if you could do that, thanks. Dr. Blofeld (talk) 17:35, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
Grant proposal elegibility
Hello, Marti! Quick question: I just saw that 2 days ago you confirmed the elegibility of several Project Grant proposals. However, this proposal I created didn't receive the template. Does it mean it wasn't selected as eligible, or it's simply that you're still working on that? Thanks! --Racso ¿¿¿??? 19:48, 26 March 2017 (UTC)
Wikiquote at the hospital
Hi Marti, I wrote the draft report of Wikiquote at the hospital and I would like that you see it to tell me if I can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify that it is ready for review. Thanks.--Jaluj (talk) 00:24, 16 April 2017 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.