- 1 Maps
- 2 Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- 3 Wikimaps Atlas
- 4 An interactive map of Wikipedia Education Programs for Outreach wiki
- 5 Barnstar and a request for feedback
- 6 ping
- 7 Maps, Graphs, ...
- 8 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 9 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 10 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 11 Participate in the Inspire Campaign and help address harassment!
- 12 Wikimaps Atlas
You may be interested by this http://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User:Aude/countrystats --220.127.116.11 13:20, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal Clinics
- @User:Wereldburger758: Going smoothly, while not in the same order than expected. I started to speak about it with French map makers on the French Map workshop and share some code, but things are still buggy for now. You can follow @wikiatlas (twitter) and http://wikimapsatlas.github.io (blog which we should update!). Drop me a line when you wish as well. Yug (talk) 08:00, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
An interactive map of Wikipedia Education Programs for Outreach wiki
You may not remember me. We corresponded briefly back in October about your IEG proposal for the Wikimaps Atlas project. I hope that work is going well. :)
I'm on the WMF's global education team now, and some of our community members have asked us to add a map of educational programs on education.wikimedia.org. We really want this, too; and we'd especially like to have an interactive map, like this one used by Wiki Loves Monuments here.
I've submitted a map request on the Wikipedia:Graphics Lab/Map workshop. But that process could take quite a while and it isn't guaranteed. So they suggest proposing a direct collaboration with a mapmaker using his talk page to request special maps.
Do you know anyone in the cartography community who might want to participate in this? Could you possibly help us with this? I'm hoping so! :)
I'm also reaching out to your project partner User:Planemad.
- Hello Anna, nice to hear all this. Key factors are :
- Where do you want to implement/display your map ? (which website)
- When do you need it ?
- What is the map scope ? (USA? World?)
- What it the depth of it (USA general interactive map + interactive map for each state ?)
- Different technologies and time frame are possible depending on these answers.
- The IEG:Wikimaps_Atlas I lead is expected to provide such interactive maps around August 2014 for general websites. Implementation into WMF's mediawikis then need approval and deployment.
- Other approaches, while handmade, may be faster to get to you.
- Send me back your starting parameters, I find you the suitable approach. Cheer. Yug (talk) 10:10, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- Please answer back on the map workshop, on your map request. Yug (talk) 15:56, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
Barnstar and a request for feedback
|Thank you for commenting on Individual Engagement Grant proposals during this recent round! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts.
To help us improve the IEG program for future participants, would you mind taking this quick 3-question survey?
Thanks again for your help,
Maps, Graphs, ...
Hi, I will be in Lyon! Just got approved today. And on top of that, I am officially on the OSM project :) --Yurik (WMF) (talk) 04:34, 7 April 2015 (UTC) P.S. Please ping me on IRC or email - i might miss it here. Thx! --Yurik (WMF) (talk) 06:44, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
- Yurik (WMF): I lost track of that event. Damn it. Where did you applied ? Hope to meet you there ! Yug (talk) 08:42, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:38, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Through June, we’re organizing an Inspire Campaign to encourage and support new ideas focusing on addressing harassment toward Wikimedia contributors. The 2015 Harassment Survey has shown evidence that harassment in various forms - name calling, threats, discrimination, stalking, and impersonation, among others - is pervasive. Available methods and systems to deal with harassment are also considered to be ineffective. These behaviors are clearly harmful, and in addition, many individuals who experience or witness harassment participate less in Wikimedia projects or stop contributing entirely.
Proposals in any language are welcome during the campaign - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is appreciated, and collaboration is encouraged - your skills and experience may help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign so that we can work together to develop ideas around this important and difficult issue. With thanks,