Presenting Community Engagement Insights survey report: Tuesday, October 10, 1600 UTC
We will be hosting a public event online to present the data, a few examples on how teams will be using it for annual planning, and what are next steps for this project. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 10, at 9:00 am PST (1600 UTC), and the presentation will be in English. You can watch the livestream here, and ask question via IRC on #wikimedia-office.
We hope to have you join us online! -- María Cruz 23:28, 2 October 2017 (UTC)
- Update your subscription to these messages by clicking here.
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017 officially starts!
Dear WAM organizer,
I’m Erick Guan, the coordinator of WAM 2017. Welcome to Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. Here is some information about organizations of events at a national level.
The event lasts a month for the participants. As of the beginning of the event, please:
- Invite previous participants to join. We have a template you may want to use.
- Setup your WAM page in your local wikiproject if you haven’t done that.
- Link your WAM page at Wikipedia Asian Month 2017. It’s important for others to understand and connect to your community! Remove the X when you done that. WAM is organized at national level. So I have to ask you to put your country in front of your name if you haven’t done that.
- Publish a notification about WAM in site notice as well as village pump. Go public!
- Connect with us. Generally send me an email so that we can reach you for future information!
- Become the jury member in a campaign on Fountain which is an amazing tool for you to supervise participants’ articles. If you don’t have the campaign set up, please contact us! And put a link to your community’s campaign page for participants’ navigation.
- Organize a off-site editathon event. A coffee bar, internet and laptops. Though it’s optional. If you want to do that, please contact me.
In the following days, you should answer the questions from your community and supervise the submissions. Hope you have fun!
Have some interesting articles in your mind or from community? Drop us a line so that we can exchange the information to other communities.
Looking for help
Military history user group title
Greetings, firstly thanks for your support and feedback to the proposal to form a user group for military historians of Wikipedia. As there is enough support for the proposal, it is time to choose a title, and go ahead. Please vote at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians#Group name. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 11:45, 2 January 2018 (UTC)
Greetings, Ney. Thank you very much for flagging yourself as a translator fromm Japanese. My team and I are very thankful for that. It is an important service to your community. I am wondering if it's possible for you to consider to also list yourself as a tech ambassador for your community. If you need more information before deciding, please feel free to contact me! Thank you very much. Have a lovely weekend. Greetings from Italy, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 10:32, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi there! Not really being active in Phabricator, but I guess I can try. Also I have asked another user at that user's talk page (in Japanese) on whether he/she is willing to be a tech ambassador. That user translates tech news to Japanese so in my opinion is suitable to be tech ambassador and/or translator.--ネイ (talk) 11:08, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
New community space for IdeaLab on Connect
Hi folks. If you're receiving this message, you've contributed to IdeaLab or an Inspire Campaign this year. Thanks for participating to develop ideas and review ones from other Wikimedians.
We are preparing some changes to IdeaLab and Inspire Campaigns. One of these changes is a new community space on Connect, where Wikimedians can find each other based on common activities or skills, and ask questions about the space. You are invited to join this community space for IdeaLab, especially if you would ever consider needing to find contributors with certain skills (like design or project management) or would like to offer your skills to others in our movement. To join, please proceed to Connect/IdeaLab and click on the "Add yourself" button on the right. Thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 19:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Do you have an idea about how to measure the health of your community? Do you want to review ideas that others have submitted? Through August 10th, we are inviting ideas on how to capture the well-being of Wikimedia communities, in terms of matters like conflict resolution, effective content creation, and being able to contribute in a collaborative environment. Ideas can be focused on either quantitative techniques, such as gathering raw data, or qualitative techniques, like surveying contributors. If you are submitting an idea, guidance is available for how to move your idea into implementation, such as through a grant or starting a Phabricator task to engage with developers.
18:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2018
14:15, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
WAM2018 on ja.wp
(Ney, Hello. Reaching out to you as you're among the "tech ambassadors" for this language. We'd really appreciate your help this week, and also you spreading the word to other experienced editors willing to lend a hand!)
ウィキメディア財団リサーチチームで開発中の新しいアルゴリズムは、編集者に向けて記事に追加する節を自動的にお勧めする機能です。このアルゴリズムは機械学習を応用、同様のトピックを扱う他の記事の節から、当該の記事に当てはまりそうな節を提示します。節のお勧め機能はウィキペディアの英語版とスペイン語版、日本語版とロシア語版、アラビア語版とフランス語版でご用意しています。 皆さんのような経験の長い編集者に、これら節のお勧めを検証して評価をいただき、機能改善に役立てたいと考えています！ お勧めが役に立つようでしたら、スタブ記事の拡大に取り組もうとする編集者向けのツール群に採用する計画です。
Editing News #1—July 2019
18:33, 23 July 2019 (UTC)
Hello from Tokyo
Hello Nei, I've done a couple of art+feminism events in Tokyo since 2018 and currently setting up the next editathon/conference for March. Are you doing any event for Asian Month this year in Japan? Looking to connect with other Wikipedians across Japanese/English Wikipedia who might be interested in mentoring at our event. Our grant proposal is here, please endorse if you have a moment.