Archive: August 2006 — March 2014
- 1 WikiConference USA
- 2 Global user page migration
- 3 WSM tool
- 4 Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
- 5 Congrats on WikiProject X work, hi and thanks
- 6 WikiProject X directory
- 7 Women in Red - need for urgent response
- 8 How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
- 9 Last call for WMF grants feedback!
- 10 Need guidance.
- 11 Request for CentralNotice banner
- 12 Help
- 13 What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
- 14 Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
- 15 Please Help
- 16 Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
- 17 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 18 Request for Input - New Central Notice request process
Hi James. Regarding Grants talk:PEG/WM US-NYC/WikiConference USA 2014/Report#Questions_from_WMF, question #2, can you please update us as to the status of the financial reporting of the scholarships? Wikimedia was under the impression that your report would be submitted separately than Wikimedia NYC's conference reporting, but if this is not the case then let us know otherwise how we can proceed to complete the scholarship financial reporting. Thanks OR drohowa (talk) 15:06, 5 November 2014 (UTC)
Global user page migration
Noticed that the WSM tool is no longer available on the W Tool Labs. Have you removed this tool or is it just down for maintenance? The NRHP group finds this map highly useful! Thanks. 25or6to4 (talk) 18:06, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hello, 25or6to4! The tool seems to have gone down. However, I will want to make a "generic" version, since Summer of Monuments is over. I will get to that as soon as I can. harej (talk) 06:54, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
Please fill out our Inspire campaign survey
Thank you for participating in the Wikimedia Inspire campaign during March 2015!
Please take our short survey and share your experience during the campaign.
Congrats on WikiProject X work, hi and thanks
Hi! Just thought I'd say thanks and congratulations for your work on WikiProject X! I really enjoyed your and Isarra's talk at Wikimania. Hope to be in touch soon about synergies with other somewhat similar endeavours (like courses)! Cheers, AGreen (WMF) (talk) 17:16, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
WikiProject X directory
- Hello Verbistheword, the directory is located at w:Wikipedia:WikiProject Directory. harej (talk) 17:56, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
Women in Red - need for urgent response
Hi James. There has been quite a lengthy discussion on this project on EN Wikipedia. You might like to offer your own views on how close we are to automating a facility for identifying missing articles in English from Wikidata records for other wikis and also on whether the project should be partly maintained by Wikimedia, given its potential expansion to other languages, etc.--Ipigott (talk) 20:58, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
How can we improve Wikimedia grants to support you better?
Hi! The Wikimedia Foundation would like your input on how we can reimagine Wikimedia Foundation grants to better support people and ideas in your Wikimedia project.
After reading the Reimagining WMF grants idea, we ask you to complete this survey to help us improve the idea and learn more about your experience. When you complete the survey, you can enter to win one of five Wikimedia globe sweatshirts!
In addition to taking the the survey, you are welcome to participate in these ways:
- Respond to questions on the discussion page of the idea.
- Join a small group conversation.
- Learn more about this consultation.
This survey is in English, but feedback on the discussion page is welcome in any language.
Last call for WMF grants feedback!
Hi, this is a reminder that the consultation about Reimagining WMF grants is closing on 8 September (0:00 UTC). We encourage you to complete the survey now, if you haven't yet done so, so that we can include your ideas.
Hi, this is TwistingTwists (talk) 16:27, 27 September 2015 (UTC) . I am willing to do this Color blindness Checker Project but the contact user's page has been deleted. What can I do now? I am new to wikipedia. Since you endorsed this project, I thought you could be of some help.
- Hello TwistingTwists. The user page is deleted but the talk page is up and running. You can contact Dispenser there. harej (talk) 02:42, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
I made a request in central notice for this event -> https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Encuentros/Editat%C3%B3n_Abuelas_de_Plaza_de_Mayo a few days ago but nobody answer me. Can you help me? Now the archivebot delete my request so I do it again today. I hope you can help me! --Giselle Bordoy WMAR (talk) 18:53, 9 November 2015 (UTC)
I want to create a new project called 19th Century American Music (under Project Music). I believe I can get enough interest from other editors to collaborate on improving articles under this project. I really like what you've done with project X and would like to know if you can help set up the project that I want to create using the same features. Please answer on my wikipedia talk page because I never get back to the wikimedia very often. Best Regards,
- 12:37, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
What future IdeaLab campaigns would you like to see?
I’m Jethro, and I’m seeking your help in deciding topics for new IdeaLab campaigns that could be run starting next year. These campaigns aim to bring in proposals and solutions from communities that address a need or problem in Wikimedia projects. I'm interested in hearing your preferences and ideas for campaign topics!
Here’s how to participate:
- Learn more about this consultation
- Vote on and submit new campaign topics in the AllOurIdeas Survey
- Discuss campaign topics and ask questions on the IdeaLab talk page
Future IdeaLab Campaigns results
Last December, I invited you to help determine future ideaLab campaigns by submitting and voting on different possible topics. I'm happy to announce the results of your participation, and encourage you to review them and our next steps for implementing those campaigns this year. Thank you to everyone who volunteered time to participate and submit ideas.
With great thanks,
Dear @Harej: I am trying to send one email to past and current Wikipedians in Residence. I do not know how to send it other than using the email user tab on their user page. I sent five emails and then was stopped by the system for awhile. I do not want to make a mistake using mass message. Please would you help me. Thank you in advance. My best regards, Geraldshields11 (talk) 23:11, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
- Geraldshields11, mass message is for distributing messages on talk pages. If you sent emails using the email user tab, that is the correct way to do it. harej (talk) 16:23, 15 February 2016 (UTC)
Inspire Campaign on content curation & review
I've recently launched an Inspire Campaign to encourage new ideas focusing on content review and curation in Wikimedia projects. Wikimedia volunteers collaboratively manage vast repositories of knowledge, and we’re looking for your ideas about how to manage that knowledge to make it more meaningful and accessible. We invite you to participate and submit ideas, so please get involved today! The campaign runs until March 28th.
All proposals are welcome - research projects, technical solutions, community organizing and outreach initiatives, or something completely new! Funding is available from the Wikimedia Foundation for projects that need financial support. Constructive feedback on ideas is welcome - your skills and experience can help bring someone else’s project to life. Join us at the Inspire Campaign to improve review and curation tasks so that we can make our content more meaningful and accessible! I JethroBT (WMF) 05:39, 29 February 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
Request for Input - New Central Notice request process
Hello fellow CN admin!
Back in February I emailed the CN-admin list regarding part of my role to look into the Central Notice process and see where we could make improvements including: the campaign process; its functionality or lack thereof; and fundamentally the documentation that supports it. You can see many of the issues that I identified at CentralNotice/Process_Review. If there is anything additional that you feel has been left out then please feel free to leave any comments on the talk page.
My first task is to improve the requesting of campaigns by communities and affiliates. I am looking to set up a more formal request process, similar to those used in many projects. The aim is to: increase the transparency of Central Notice; improve the support provided to affiliates (including making such support more consistent); to provide a forum for community input into campaigns.
I have been working on a very rough strawman version of the process and I would be interested in hearing you comments about what such a process should involve and what you think it would require. Please feel free to leave such comments at the process talk page section. I would like to have a working page in place by the end of May. This would not need to be a final version. The process can be improved upon over time as we learn about how well it works.
I encourage you to:
- Review the strawman request page and request template and make changes as you feel necessary
- Leave comments
- Join the centralnotice-admins mailing list
- Feel free to contact me to discuss this further via: my talk page, jseddonwikimedia.org or on IRC (Nick: Seddon)