Wikipedia Asian Month 2019/Organiser Guidelines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See main page for list
In a nutshell: Create new articles relating to Asia (people, places, culture, etc.), 3,000 bytes and 300 words minimum, with sources, during November 2019. Lists do not qualify.
- The article is newly created by you (i.e. not expanding stubs) between November 1, 2019 0:00 and November 30, 2019 23:59 (UTC).
- The article should be at least 3,000 bytes and at least 300 words in length. (exclude Infobox, template etc.)
- The article must fulfill the notability criteria set by the respective language Wikipedia.
- The article must have decent references; doubtful or controversial statements in the article should be verifiable by the citation(s) listed in that article.
- The article must not be purely machine translated and should be properly copy edited.
- There must be no major issues with the article (no copyright violations, questions of notability, etc.)
- The article should not be a list.
- Exception: Creating a list that becomes a featured list counts. (Only applies in Wikipedias that have featured lists.)
- The article should be informative.
- The article should be about any topic concerning an Asian country.
- Articles submitted by an organizer need to be checked by other organizers.
- Judge(s) from each language Wikipedia will determine whether an article is accepted or not for their language Wikipedia's contest.
- When you create 4 articles that fulfill the above rules, you will receive a WAM postcard from one of the Asian communities.
- Wikipedia Asian Ambassadors will receive a signed certificate from Asian Affiliates, and an additional postcard. See the Q&A for more information.
- Before 27 October 2019
- Set-up an event page on local Wikipedia, then put the link to your local event page in the list above. (You can use this well-designed sample page, localized this template is required)
- Translate the rules into your language, and maybe slightly adjust the rules if needed.
- Call a few Wikipedians to join you as local organizers (Local organizers (up to five) can get one additional postcard from another country, i.e. if they also accomplish the requirement, they can receive two postcards from two countries)
- Post an invitation message on the village pump, Community bulletin board, mailing list, or even make a Site Notice, around two weeks before it starts.
During the event
- November 2019
- Continue to call for participants to participate at the village pump, community bulletin board, mailing list, site notice, etc.
- A tool for keeping track participants' progress will be available here (hosted at Tool Labs).
- Before 2020
- Check how articles fulfill the article criterias
- Have the name of Wikipedia Asian Ambassador, who created most articles that fulfills the criteria. Put it here!
- The mail address will be randomly distributed to the communities that are able to send postcards