|Portal||Activities||Business||History||Participants & Supporters||Privacy||Resources||Discussion|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
WMF blog post: "Help expand Wikipedia’s coverage of LGBT communities during Wiki Loves Pride"
- http://blog.wikimedia.org/2016/06/17/wiki-loves-pride/ -Another Believer (talk) 17:03, 18 June 2016 (UTC)
Prizes for LGBT+ themed Featured Pictures
The grant request is now drafted above and the prizes will be on a first-past-the-post open through until the start of 2017. We need a couple of WM-LGBT+ volunteers with some experience with Featured Pictures (on Commons or Wikipedia) to help with the process and flesh out details. Please add your name to the meta page, or comment on the associated talk page. If you haven't been active with WM-LGBT+ in the past, this would be a good time to join in with the user group.
I doubt it will be much volunteer time, as we only have to agree that a nominated photograph has a clear LGBT+ related theme, not make any assessment about whether it should be a Featured Picture.
~100 LGBT articles campaign
There has been a long-discussed proposal in Wiki LGBT+ to have a set of about 100 LGBT articles presented as suggested articles to be included in all languages of Wikipedia.
I drafted the concept of making ~100 article lists at Wiki99. I moved the current draft of the LGBT list of this to Wiki99 LGBT+. If anyone has comments on either the campaign idea or the specific LGBT list, then please comment at either of those spaces.
I am glad that Wikimedia LGBT has spent so much time discussing this as a campaign idea. I think it really is a clever concept that originated in this project from many different contributors internationally. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:38, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
Wikimedia Conference 2017
Wikimedia Conference, the annual meeting of all Wikimedia organizations (Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, user groups, and the Wikimedia Foundation), will take place in Berlin from March 31 to April 2, 2017. Registration opened on Friday, November 18, 2016 and closes on Sunday, January 8, 2017, which is just around the corner. WMLGBT+ is eligible to send one delegate.
I've had the pleasure of attending the past two years, and I've tried my best to represent this affiliate by sharing about our goals and activities, especially Wiki Loves Pride. I enjoy meeting affiliate leaders from around the globe, and I have some ideas for a survey I'd like willing attendees to take in order for us to have a better understanding of LGBT-related activities within the Wikimedia movement, but at the same time I want to give other WMLGBT+ supporters opportunities to represent our group and learn from peers.
If you are curious, please see the conference details linked throughout this message and note your interest here as soon as possible. With deadlines approaching, we'll need to make decisions sooner than later. I hope project participants will help disseminate this invitation and opportunity via other channels. Thanks! -Another Believer (talk) 04:43, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- It would be nice to have a few possible candidates and we only have a few weeks to decide. I'll throw my hat in, mostly because I have not gone to any meetings since Wikimania 2014 and the LGBT+ photograph prize competition will hopefully have concluded just before despite its slow start, so that will be an experience to share. Plus I'm sure that a few of the affiliates will be interested in my GLAM related Commons projects, which manage to work without any funding, and that could be part of a wider discussion about better bots and perhaps how best to engage with long term independent volunteers. --Fæ (talk) 10:40, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- I am not a candidate for attending this, but would like to help with candidate recruitment and the discussion process. I just sent an email to the wiki LGBT mailing list and will pass word around for people to participate. I wish to propose some minimal criteria for an ideal candidate:
- Has developed LGBT+ content on a Wikimedia project in the past, however modestly
- Has plans to organize a wiki LGBT+ outreach project or event in the next year, however modest
- Has some experience with any part of the Wikimedia governance system, including participation as casual as joining an online or in-person program presented by any registered Wikimedia affiliate organization. I want this because the Wikimedia Conference is an event which features the discussion of managing outreach programs.
- Thanks for the interest that anyone has. After we have a slate of candidates the discussion and selection process for choosing a representative will happen here. I propose that nominations for candidates be accepted until Wednesday 14 December, and that we anticipate candidate selection by Wednesday 28 December. From there the representative would register as soon as possible, and I would like to see the registration publicly posted by Wednesday 4 January in advance of the 8 January deadline. If anyone would propose an alternate schedule then speak up. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:28, 30 November 2016 (UTC)