Wikimedia Foundation elections committee
The Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee oversees, on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation and the Wikimedia community, elections to the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees or Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) by the community.
The Elections Committee has oversight of the following elections:
- Board of Trustees elections
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) elections
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson elections
- Similar community-selected positions as determined by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
Members and advisors serve terms of two years and are appointed by the Board Governance Committee, in consultation with sitting members of the Committee and their advisors.
As of April 2017, the committee consists of eight community volunteers with advisers from the Wikimedia Foundation.
|Name||Languages||Location (time zone)|
|Ajraddatz||en-N, fr-1||Canada (UTC-8)|
|Atropine||it-N, en-3, es-2, fr-1||Italy (UTC+1)|
|KTC, Chair||en-N, yue-N||London, England (UTC+1)|
|Mardetanha||az-N, fa-N, en-3, tr-2, ar-1, bqi-1, crh-1, glk-1, mzn-1, tk-1||Zanjan, Iran (UTC+4:30)|
|Philippe||en-N, fr-2||California, United States (UTC-8)|
|Ruslik0||en-3, ru-5||Moscow, Russia (UTC+3)|
|Masssly||en-3, ha-2, ak-1, dag-N||Accra, Ghana (UTC±0)|
|Matanya||en, he||Israel (UTC+2)|
- Board liaison
- Nataliia Tymkiv
At least two staff members are appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director to support the committee and additional advisors (staff or volunteer) can be appointed by the election committee depending on their needs with the support of the Board Governance Committee.
- James Alexander, Wikimedia Foundation Community Engagement
- Stephen LaPorte, Wikimedia Foundation Legal
- Joe Sutherland, Wikimedia Foundation Community Engagement
- Greg Varnum, Wikimedia Foundation Communications
- User:Risker, experienced past committee member and Chair of Funds Dissemination Committee
- Tim Moritz Hector, an observer and Board Governance Committee liaison
Prior to 2016, each community election for the Board and FDC resulted in the creation of a temporary elections committee. On 7 November 2015, the Board of Trustees approved the formation of a standing elections committee. The founding members of the standing committee were announced on 20 July 2016.
Past elections committees