Spain official language is Spanish, while there are several co-official regional languages such as Basque, Catalan/Valencian, Galician and Occitan. Wikimedia España is the country's national chapter.. Currently, there is one woman on the board of Wikimedia España.
- In January 2012 Spanish language Wikipedia rank 4 out of 280 languages wikipedia, with 960 million page view per month. In December 2011 it has 4,300 active users (edited more than 5 times a month) and 531 very active users (edited more than 100 times a month). It is unknown how many contributors or their gender actually based in Spain. In December 2011, there were 34,600 women of all ages from Spain who were interested in Wikipedia. In December 2011, according to Alexa, Wikipedia was ranked the 8th most popular site in the country. In the period between November 2010 and October 2011, 21.4% of the traffic to Spanish Wikipedia was from this country..
- In January 2012 Catalan language Wikipedia rank 28 out of 280 languages wikipedia with 26 million view per month. As many as 483 active users and 84 very active users recorded in December 2011.
- While Basque language Wikipedia rank 41 out of 280 languages Wikipedia with 6,4 million views per month. As many as 85 active users and 20 very active users recorded in December 2011.
- Galician language Wikipedia rank 50 out of 280 languages Wikipedia with 4.5 million views per month. As many as 68 active users and 31 very active users recorded in December 2011.
- Occitan language Wikipedia rank 63 out of 280 languages Wikipedia with 2.7 million views per month. As many as 22 active users and 9 very active users recorded in December 2011.
- Other projects
In December 2011, according to Alexa, Wikinews was ranked the 36,670th most popular site in the country. A December 2011 search on Spanish Wikinews for España mujeres found 87 articles that mentioned both words. A December 2011 search on Portuguese Wikinews for mulheres Espanha found 22 articles that mentioned both words. . On Commons 16.46% users indicated they're female. The most popular interface language after English is Spanish with 108166 users. With a large gap, French is 2nd with 46961 users and German 3rd with 35982 users. The large population of Spanish users on Commons is probably the result of local uploads on Spanish Wikipedia being disabled.
- Spanish women perspective to free knowledge
- Women in Spain
- Data unavailable
- The Foundation
During the December 2011 fundraising appeal, no Spaniards, men or women, were featured as part of the appeal. During the 2011 Summer of Research, the WMF hired eight research fellows, none of whom were from Spain. In 2011 Amical Viquipedia association receive 3150 Euros for building digital community grant from WMF.