Strategy/Wikimedia movement/2018-20/Transition/Global Conversations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page concerns a past phase of the strategy process. For up-to-date information, kindly visit the main movement strategy page.|
In total, we organized four 4-hour calls called “Global Conversations” (November 21/22 and December 5/6) in year 2020, in which the Wikimedia communities on a global level were invited to prioritize initiatives from the movement strategy recommendations for the upcoming 18 months. You can read more about the content of the Global Conversations in the November and December report.
These were the first events of such a kind in the Wikimedia movement and we have published a report with extensive lessons learned about it. Have a read!
Staying in touch
In order to receive updates and connect with other interested community members, feel free to follow these Strategy channels:
Besides the events in November and December focusing on prioritization of the recommendations of the Movement Strategy, we organized several follow-up calls on the prioritized initiatives. Please check the initiative pages and events summary for further details:
- A: Interim Global Council + Movement Charter: Saturday January 23 + Sunday, January 24 (Report).
- B: Improve UX + resources for newcomers: Friday, January 22 (summary).
- C: Skills and leadership development: Saturday, February 6 (summary).
- D: Regional + thematic hubs: Saturday, January 30 (twice) (summary).
- E: Funding for underrepresented communities: Friday, January 29 (summary).
- G: Alignment with environmental sustainability: Sunday, February 7 (summary).
- H: High-impact topics and content gaps: Friday, February 5 (summary).