Welcome to my page!
Who am I
Hi Everyone and welcome to my page! Here are some facts about me -
- My real name is Shani Evenstein Sigalov and I'm from Israel.
- I work as an EdTech Innovation Strategist at the Academic Office of the American Medical Program at Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University (TAU). I specialize in the intersection of technology & medical education, and work on updating the way we teach medicine in the 21st century. My work specifically focuses on the program's e-learning strategy, curriculum development, assessment & evaluation, faculty development and the peer tutoring program we run.
- I'm also a lecturer at Tel Aviv University, focusing on teaching Wikipedia & Wikidata in 2 for-credit, elective courses I designed and lead.
- I am currently a PhD candidate at the School of Education at TAU, focusing on Wikidata as a learning platform.
- I have a B.A. in English literature and French Culture (Faculty of Humanities, TAU), and an M.A. in Technology & Learning (School of Education, TAU).
- I'm deeply involved with Project Ben-Yehuda, the Hebrew equivalent of Project Gutenberg, where I serve as a Chief Editor and the Chairperson for the charity that supports the project.
- I'm a certified Yoga teacher, and have been studying (and sometimes teaching) Yoga since 2000.
- I play 5 instruments, mostly piano, which I've studied for 13 years. My 6th instrument is the harp, which I've just started to learn last year.
What I'm doing in the wiki-world
- After attending Wikimania Haifa, I have joined the Hebrew Wikipedia community and became a member of Wikimedia Israel.
- I'm especially interested in GLAM-Wiki and Wiki in Education.
- I've served as WM-IL's National GLAM Projects Coordinator, leading collaborations with the Israel Museum, Jerusalem, the National Library of Israel and the Israeli Cartoon and Caricature Museum (to name a few). Have been a WM-IL board member for about 2 years. On Jan 2014 I resigned both roles to focus on my M.A at TAU. I keep being involved with the chapter and supports GLAM-Wiki & EDU-Wiki initiatives.
- On October 2013 I opened the Wiki-Med course at the Tel-Aviv University. This is a for-credit elective course, the first course of its kind, which gives Med students full academic credit for editing Wikipedia. Thus far, my students wrote about 170 medical-related articles, which have been viewed over 3 million times.
- On October 2015, a new for-credit course focusing on contributing to Wikipedia opened at Tel Aviv University. This one has been available to all undergraduate students on campus and was highly successful as well.
- Served as GLAM-Wiki community liaison, as well as Edu-Wiki adviser, for the organizing team of Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario.
- I'm a Founding member of the Wikipedia Library User Group.
- I am Founding member of the Wikipedia Education Collaborative since its conception in 2014, and during 2017 have initiated and worked towards this group becoming an official affiliate called "The Wikipedia & Education User Group". As of October 2018 I serve as this User Group's Chairperson.
- I've been a board member of the WikiProject Medicine Foundation since January 2017, and as of August 2017 serve as the User Group's chairperson.
- I served as Chair of the Program Committee for the GLAMWiki Conference 2018.
- I've participated in the Strategy Process, both in Phase 1, as a liaison for GLAM, EDU, Libraries, Medicine & CEE groups; and in Phase 2 as a member of the Partnerships Working Group.
Community & Communication
If you have any question about GLAM, Education, Medicine, Women or Wikidata, please always feel welcome to drop a line in my talk page or simply send an email to shaniwikimedia.org.il.
- Music - almost all genres and forms
- Art - in almost all its forms, specifically Literature, Painting, Architecture, Interior Design, Cinema, Modern Dance and High Fashion.
- Yoga on its various branches - specifically Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Ayurveda, Jyotish, Vastu Shastra and Tantra.
- Holistic medicine, Herbalism, Iridology, Feng Shui.